*REVISIT* Dead Body in the Trunk Statement: True or Bait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim went to ARUBA. right after that don't know if it was planned or not.

Thanks, I recall that Tim went to Aruba. I was questioning this post:

Do you honestly believe that LE would risk losing the majority of their searchers and possibly TES by announcing that they had found evidence that confirmed that Caylee had been in the trunk of the car dead?

Why would LE lose TES by announcing they had evidence that Caylee was dead? TES searches for dead bodies.

Why would LE lose TES by announcing they had evidence that Caylee was dead? TES searches for dead bodies.

Oh! I'm sorry I mis understood but yeah that does not make sence.

Not bait. The leaks are true IMO. I think LE knows she is dead and who is responsible but they don't know HOW she died. It will be difficult to assign a murder charge without a body. If they go for Murder 1, and the jury doesn't believe that she is capable of first degree murder, they could just possibly acquit. I suppose LE could just charge her for manslaughter but I imagine they really want to put this chick away for a long time. She could get less time for the manslaughter conviction then with the fraud charge convictions . again all my own opinions.

Not bait. The leaks are true IMO. I think LE knows she is dead and who is responsible but they don't know HOW she died. It will be difficult to assign a murder charge without a body. If they go for Murder 1, and the jury doesn't believe that she is capable of first degree murder, they could just possibly acquit. I suppose LE could just charge her for manslaughter but I imagine they really want to put this chick away for a long time. She could get less time for the manslaughter conviction then with the fraud charge convictions . again all my own opinions.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Your post is thoughtful and well-written.

what kind of car did KC have? It sure looked small...was it a trunk or a hatch-back? If it is a trunk, it's gotta be pretty small, right?

TES searches for ALIVE bodies too..not just dead ones.

I think its mixed leaks of true and not true of evidence that came out. And Im sorry but they need to move faster, and use all aspects for the search for Caylees body, then maybe everyone including the Anthonys will finally believe it.
It's not a leak when a member of LE goes on TV to say it. A "leak" is something that comes from an unnamed source.

I believe it is very much true. LE made these statements per forensic investigations by outside sources and LE DOES NOT LIE DURING AN INVESTIGATION. They keep the info they have very close, to release that info says to me that they are very close to the finish.

Please remember that LE doesn't lie during an investigation, but the defense lawyers can..and will. Defense lawyers are never sworn to tell the truth ..even at trial..so they are spin doctors by way of todays verbiage. The defenses job is to cast doubt on every piece of evidence the prosecutors have..it is just that simple.

Have any of you seen this?

He then asked Casey that he needed a tool that was inside the trunk of her Pontiac Sunfire to rotate the tires on his wife's vehicle, but Casey refused to let him open the trunk. Casey then opened the trunk and her father saw the missing gas cans.

Later that day, Casey told her father, "It's a shame what happened in the shed," Anthony recalled. What a quick-tongued liar. They just flow out of her mouth.

http://prairiechicken.blogspot.com/2008/08/grandfather-casey-anthony-stole-gas.html

i am so much wanting to believe this is a statement made by investigators to try and get casey to react-scream out NO, it can not be!!!! the statement she could be rotting in a dumpster the same!! i feel they wanted her to react --she did not . if the tests show a decomposing body -and its true , then we have no hope of finding her alive. what if they just threw that out so they can see what is to become of that bomb of a statement. most would scream out something-- omg-- she was calm. i am to point of thinking casey did not kill her but she has no idea who she left her with. maybe she was not in any condition to know much of anything. not saying drugs or liquor but something. i can not watch home videos and if on a jury say i believe she was killed by her mom on purpose. the grandpa in home is enough to bring tears as he sings to baby kaylee. what happened really?? i can not say i believe she is dead 100 percent and if so, by whom . i would not be able to be on a jury and say yes.not yet.
I think of it this way - is LE really willing to put this information out to the public to be caught with egg on their face? I think not. Their reputations are at stake here, This isn't a game; this is a possible dead, but definitely missing child. Are the police going to say "just kidding" at the trial. I think not. It may be a game to Casey but it is not a game to anyone else that I am aware of. This is deadly serious.

what kind of car did KC have? It sure looked small...was it a trunk or a hatch-back? If it is a trunk, it's gotta be pretty small, right?

Casey's car, a 1998 Pontiac Firebird. These are photos of a 1998 PF but not her car. Just like it.

014-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

I think of it this way - is LE really willing to put this information out to the public to be caught with egg on their face? I think not. Their reputations are at stake here, This isn't a game; this is a possible dead, but definitely missing child. Are the police going to say "just kidding" at the trial. I think not. It may be a game to Casey but it is not a game to anyone else that I am aware of. This is deadly serious.

I was getting ready to type the same exact thing..ITA..there are no "PYSCH I was kidding" at trial folks.

I believe it is very much true. LE made these statements per forensic investigations by outside sources and LE DOES NOT LIE DURING AN INVESTIGATION. They keep the info they have very close, to release that info says to me that they are very close to the finish.

Please remember that LE doesn't lie during an investigation, but the defense lawyers can..and will. Defense lawyers are never sworn to tell the truth ..even at trial..so they are spin doctors by way of todays verbiage. The defenses job is to cast doubt on every piece of evidence the prosecutors have..it is just that simple.
And, in this case, it is the defense's goal to get things they aren;t entitled to yet, and to file motions that are filed incorrectly. In this case, the job is to hug and hold hands with the "poor persecuted liar." If you have looked into any crime against a person, the most important question and the place to start is the last person to see the missing one alive. When that person persists in not telling the truth, then LE must zoom in on that person. In this case, the person who last saw the child alive is her mother, who has consistently lied to EVERYONE about EVERYTHING. May she get what she deserves. moo

That's a great point. They would be defeating themselves at trial if it were not true and just bait.

Casey's Atty would have a blast with impeachment of LE by the use of these "prior inconsistent statements." Let's keep in mind, both sides want to impeach credibility at trial and need to show the jury the whole other side is a huge conglomerate lie factory. In fact, defense counsel would subpoena this cop, and any cop who made bogus announcements about the case, put him on the witness stand , and rip his head off. If the one who made the "bait" announcement was left off the witness list of the prosecution, defense would get him in the Courtroom. It's a defendant's dream witness.

They won't jeopardize a conviction just to be able to bring a case. That's somewhat pointless.

One lying cop , lying about something so material will reflect on every LE witness at the trial. They just don't do stuff like that--- make up big material lies to trap an idiot.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member