Revisit - Did CA/GA cover up 7-16-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the coverup began after Cindy's 911 calls. When LA said that his mom came into KC's room and said 'What have you done?" is when she knew that KC had caused Caylee's death, whether deliberate or accidental, and she decided to save what she had left. JMO.

At first I believed the lies started from the 'family fight', I think CA started after the 911 call, LA also, but I am beginning to wonder if GA was called by 'beautiful' for help before the 911 call???? JMO:crazy:

The parents were used to getting their daughter out of trouble. They talked her way out of everything she did wrong. This was the biggest screw-up ever, so her mother launched the biggest campaign ever to get her out of it. The story was on National news, so the mother did what she always did, made excuses and tried to get her daughter off the hook, on National TV. She said whatever she could to try to get KC out of this. It always worked before.

If they were really going to "cover up" the crime, they wouldn't have called the police when KC came home. I don't think they had a clue until after KC started with the kidnapping bs. CA knew at that moment that "something's wrong". At that time, she had already cleaned the car, IMO in an effort to blow off steam until she could get her hands on KC-I imagine her scrubbing and swearing "how dare that ungrateful *&$@^ let this car she drives for FREE get in this condition, you just wait until I get ahold of her! Had to pick the (*^&% thing up from a tow yard...not even enough decency to let us know it was gone!" GA may have thought the worst at the tow yard, but I don't think CA's mind would even come near that. I know mine wouldn't. I don't care how bad the odor--my first thought would never be "Oh hell, guess my daughter's been driving dead bodies around town"--I mean, seriously, maybe she let a full package of stolen steaks spoil and leak in the trunk but beyond that-never in my wildest!!!
Any "cover up" after her arrest was IMO an effort to keep LE focused on a live baby search because CA refused to let Caylee's death be even a remote possibility. Zanny HAD to be real--Caylee HAD to be kidnapped

They cleaned and Vacuumed the car, threw some air freshener strip in it, removed evidence, and washed the clothes that were probably linked to the murder of their grandchild. The cover up started on July 15th, at the wrecking yard when they didn't IMMEDIATELY call LE. Would you move the car if you thought someone died in it? Here we have an ex-cop, and a nurse that both know what a dead body smells like, and they did nothing. I sware if Casey had 24 hours with Mommy and Daddy they would have covered this entire crime up for her and told everybody Caylee was adopted, because that's how demented they are!

Dazzlin-I completely agree with you, had the police not been called the Anthony's would have covered this crime and gone on to believe that Caylee was kidnapped by some nanny. Also didn't Cindy hand over the WRONG brush for DNA evidence? As things progressed I believe there was many things they did to divert the investigation along with conflicting statements. I say the whole family is guilty, only one did the physical crime.

They cleaned and Vacuumed the car, threw some air freshener strip in it, removed evidence, and washed the clothes that were probably linked to the murder of their grandchild. The cover up started on July 15th, at the wrecking yard when they didn't IMMEDIATELY call LE. Would you move the car if you thought someone died in it? Here we have an ex-cop, and a nurse that both know what a dead body smells like, and they did nothing. I sware if Casey had 24 hours with Mommy and Daddy they would have covered this entire crime up for her and told everybody Caylee was adopted, because that's how demented they are!

Dazzlin-I completely agree with you, had the police not been called the Anthony's would have covered this crime and gone on to believe that Caylee was kidnapped by some nanny. Also didn't Cindy hand over the WRONG brush for DNA evidence? As things progressed I believe there was many things they did to divert the investigation along with conflicting statements. I say the whole family is guilty, only one did the physical crime.

I'm thinkin' March 19 23 years ago....

I completely agree with everything you've posted!!! LE SHOULD have been called to come to the impound yard! The car should have never been removed from that site! Nothing inside the car should have been removed, let alone washed...the trunk should have never been opened till LE arrived. The "smelly" garbage bag should have never spent 8 hours or so, tossed onto the ground...GEORGE KNEW BETTER! CINDY KNEW BETTER! ARREST THEM for tampering immediately I say. If for no other reason than to set an example for others. They BOTH KNEW BETTER!!!

Agreed. The cover-up started at the impound lot on July 15th, although the A's knew that something was not right from June 15th and should have acted accordingly. Now GA is saying in the suicide note, if reports are accurate, that he wants to protect Caylee. They should have acted June 15th when the demon took Caylee and left the house. I think that the A's were very negligent in their care of and concern for Caylee.

Though I would prefer to explain the dynamics of each, I have done this under other threads. It is too long to re-write each time it helps explain my response.

The idea of cover-up has been a way of life since KC was small. The parents wanted a loving family. KC has been
the driving force of the family, all of her life. Because
CA cares about how things look,(likely learned in her childhood) she had to adapt and often cover the reality of her home life. GA feels life on a deeper level both emotionally and physically. He had the need to make things right. KC clutters and creates her world one word at a time. This has kept the entire family in a state of chaos. LA learned to protect himself, but pulling in his
emotions. He is very specific and keeps details on everything. He does love his family but needs to keep some distance. KC's way of living has keep the family in
high stress and fear for years. So the word cover-up is
a strong way of saying, they did what they had to do to
keep their family and some form of peace. Never anticipating KC would carry out her threat.

Just for consideration,
Mind Student

Covering up KC problems had been going on for years. I think during June, CA and GA were practicing new tough love techniques suggested by a therapist. When CA found KC on 7/15, she threatened police involvement thinking KC would tell her. Then it just snowballed from there. CA was desperate to believe KC. But why put the stinky car in the garage? Why be to gentle in the jailhouse phone calls (sweeeetheart...)? I think the first few days after 7/15 started to unravel, began the twisted spin that got worse and worse and she began to lose reality. GA was just trying to help hold CA together. LA, on the other hand, suspected, then knew...fairly early into his investigation. It is just so sad and all so tragic.

George's suspicion was somewhat relieved when there was no body in the trunk. It provided a temporary, albeit false sense of security: "Oh, thank goodness. It isn't what I thought.."

Then he and Simon peeked in the bag of trash and words to the effect of, "here's your problem, here's what stinks" were spoken before Simon flung it over the fence. The power of suggestion that it must be this trash stinking provided more false security, even though subconsciously both men knew there was probably more to it than that.

This false sense of security carried on when George went home and reassured Cindy it was the trash/pizza. When she asked, "It's the pizza, right George?" "Yea...I think so..."

Tells me they were desperate enough to convince themselves and each other, because the alternative was unthinkable.

ga also went down close to the stain to take a wiff at some point....that was in on of the interviews (think FBI)---and he KNEW yet again that it was decomp.....I took the "yea I think so" comment from him being said at that point as "comfort" to ca--didn't think she could handle the truth at that time....

Do we know for sure that it was G&C who cleaned and vacuumed the car? I know CA admitted to taking out items and washing them, but I don't remember if they admitted to cleaning the car or not. Could it have been miss casey herself who cleaned and vacuumed it? I seem to remember her taking AL's car to get cleaned before picking him up at the airport. Maybe she went to the same place to clean her car. But, if they did, couldn't the motivation behind it be trying to get rid of that smell so the car could be usable again? To be honest, G&C don't seem like the sharpest crayons in the box, even if GA is ex-LE. He was in LE over 20 years ago, and for how long? A few years? And in some small town in Ohio? I'm not thinking they had too many capital cases, but I could be wrong. I think people give him too much credit because he is ex-LE and expect him to have more common sense than he has because he held this job so long ago. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to have been so focused on trying to save that car, and get rid of that stink, that they lost touch with common sense. At that time, I think the idea that Casey might have killed Caylee and that is what stunk up the car did not even cross their minds, until later.

Some things to ponder:

1. On July 15th, when CA called Amy to find Casey she allegedly said that she HAD to find Casey or the POLICE would be involved! That would not be a comment made simply about a stinky car or a tow fee.

2. The stinky car was seen by a neighbor seemingly being cleaned (the sunfire was in the driveway with the trunk open). See the document dump. Casey could have also tried to clean it herself (pre-dump at Amscot); however there is sufficient evidence if the neighbor is to be believed that someone at the A house did *something* to the car.

3. Cindy has admitted to LE that she took out the clothes and washed them (after she did it). She admitted to removing the knife in the car and washed it as well.

4. They admitted to febreezing the stinky car. Who would febreeze an interior without CLEANING it first?

5. The A's also removed the battery from the stinky car! Why remove the battery unless you are extremely concerned someone is going to drive it off? WHO WOULD STEAL THAT CAR?

6. Once LE was on the scene said stinky car was in the garage (with the garage door shut) and the stinky car was not brought to the attention of LE on that day.

Make of all this what you will...

Before Caylee was even born. This family has been covered in lies for a good 4-5 years and that is why we have what we have now. The lies have never stopped.

Though I would prefer to explain the dynamics of each, I have done this under other threads. It is too long to re-write each time it helps explain my response.

The idea of cover-up has been a way of life since KC was small. The parents wanted a loving family. KC has been
CA cares about how things look,(likely learned in her childhood) she had to adapt and often cover the reality of her home life. GA feels life on a deeper level both emotionally and physically. He had the need to make things right. KC clutters and creates her world one word at a time. This has kept the entire family in a state of chaos. LA learned to protect himself, but pulling in his
emotions. He is very specific and keeps details on everything. He does love his family but needs to keep some distance. KC's way of living has keep the family in
keep their family and some form of peace. Never anticipating KC would carry out her threat.

Just for consideration,
Mind Student

I totally agree with this analysis. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if CA grew up with an alcoholic father. Just curious. I know people who grew up with alcoholics tend to "clean up" everything and image is so important.

I have been curious about this all along. If I find evidence that one of my children may have been involved in a crime. I even call the police. Deep down, I have a sinking suspicion that my kid is involved pretty seriously, one way or another (accident/cover-up or out right crime). While I am waiting for the police to arrive....I am already on the phone to our lawyer.

Why did the A's permit Casey to talk so much to the LE without an attorney in the first place? Has this ever been asked/answered?

They cleaned and Vacuumed the car, threw some air freshener strip in it, removed evidence, and washed the clothes that were probably linked to the murder of their grandchild. The cover up started on July 15th, at the wrecking yard when they didn't IMMEDIATELY call LE. Would you move the car if you thought someone died in it? Here we have an ex-cop, and a nurse that both know what a dead body smells like, and they did nothing.!

I agree - in fact, I would go further and say the cover up began from the first time they realized that KC had some sort of disorder. I have no doubt they covered up for her when ever she was accused of anything - be it failing to hand in her homework, stealing a chocolate bar from the corner store etc etc.

How conscious are they of the cover ups - the denial. That I am not so sure about.

Just for consideration,
Mind Student

Wish I had written this - excellent point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46