REVISIT Terri was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene that day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugene is not 4.5 hours from Portland. I live in the Eugene area. My brother lives very near Skyline and he's come here to pick up my son and drive him back to Portland quite a few times. It isn't that big of a deal. In fact, he has a class with a fellow from Eugene who drives to Portland to school almost daily.

Also, when you're in a step-family relationship, you do things for the step-child and your husband without thinking it is a big deal. Now in this case, perhaps it was a big deal to TH? But when I was a step-mom, I made sacrifices for my step-kids all the time and didn't think it was much more of an issue than the sacrifices for my own kids.

MOO :)

Portland (TH & KH) and Medford (DY & TY) are about 4.5 hours apart. This is why they met in Eugene, which was about 2 hours from each end. If D got off work at 5 and headed to Eugene, she'd arrive around 7:30. She'd be home with Kyron by 10.

TH and KH could have met Kyron's bus at 3:45, gotten ice cream, and been home by 4:30, to play Wii for an hour before they had to leave to meet DY in Eugene at 7:30.

Each driver would spend about 4.5 hours on the road "round trip" to the mid-point and home.

This thread has Eugene in the name of it, so I am assuming that is where Terri was driving to and from...not all the way to Medford. I know that is a much longer drive.

From the link in post #1

Young has said Terri Horman was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene on the day he disappeared to turn him over to her and Tony Young to spend the weekend in Medford.

I can't help but wonder if this is a misquote- poor vetting on the reporters part (we'd all be rich if WS'rs were paid for finding reporting errors). Especially not being a direct quote. As a single parent myself, I have never seen a drop off and pick up arrangement 4.5 hours away with one parent being responsible for driving the full route to each parents destination. Especially not for a weekend visit. Usually in cases such as this the courts order the parents to meet half way.
JMO

It doesn't seem strange to me. Why have both parents have to make a trip on 2 different days, for one weekend visit? All the parents involved may well have preferred to just take turns driving the whole way. I.e. Terri or Kaine drives him all the way to Desiree's and Tony's house to drop him off, and then Desiree or Tony drives him all the way back. I wouldn't think a court would order any specifics about transportation procedures unless the parents were unable to come to an agreement on their own.

Eugene is the halfway point...which is where Terri was meant to take Kyron to be met, if I am not mistaken. Neither party was driving the entire 4.5 hour trip each way, more like that long altogether.

This is the first time I have thought about this....he may have been well cried on several occasions about returning home because he didn't appreciate that long drive. As much as it is great for both sets of parents to have access to Kyron, that's a brutal commute for a weekend. How many times, I wonder, did this little lad just want to stay at home and be a kid.

His Mother says there were warning signs and that Kyron wanted to stay with she and his stepfather and didn't want to live with dad & stepmom. Who knows. Maybe something not good was going on with stepmom and Kyron before he vanished while in her care.

http://www.king5.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-stepdad-Terri-without-a-doubt-behind-boys-disappearance-98509699.html

"Kyron became increasingly unhappy about not spending time with me. He wanted to come and live with us. Several times, he would just break down and just sob because he wanted to stay."

I am glad someone has said WHY he was happy that day. Science Fair excitement and then gets to go to his mom's for the weekend. For all of those in various WS threads on this case who keep using the "but Kyron was happy that day" as an excuse to say Terri must have been a good parent, it just doesn't hold up.

When kids are in bad situations, they can still show joy. They can still be happy (even when under the control of the scary adult) because they have other outlets afforded them. Kyron may have (by this point) despised Terri, but to him, all the adults were still acting as normal and nothing was going to change so he managed to hold on to those facets of his life that were good.

What makes me the maddest is that the goodness in Kyron is now being used against him by people on the board. Rather than seeing that he suffered and still kept a smile for the camera people want to use that to defend Terri Moulton Horman. It sickens me, really.

So thank you for pointing out that his happiness was not due to Terri's presence that day. He was just a good natured kid who tried to make the best of his circumstances and very smartly, had the sense to look forward to the future.

AMEN TO THAT SISTER!

I LIKE THE WAY YOU JUST TRUTHFULLY PUT IT OUT THERE!

I just want Kyron found and I want him found yesterday!
Every single min of every single day is a min WAY TOO LONG THAT HE'S BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM HIS HOME, HIS DAD, HIS MOM, HIS LITTLE SISTER, AND HIS OLDER BROTHER!!! TMH needs to come clean IMMEDIATELY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100