Rewards And Donations

Yes you can take the money to any Bank of America branch and tell them you want it to go Haleigh Cummings Family Relief Fund.

That is wonderful! It is such a shame that it takes such tragedies to bring people together. I was thinking today about the fund. I know there is a Bank of America near where I live. I wonder if I could just go into the branch and make a deposit that way? I tried to call but the bank is already closed here where I live. Only drive Thur window is open. Has anyone tried to make a deposit that way? I would like to at least donate a few dollars myself.

PINELLAS PARK, FL -- Taking a break from the search for his missing daughter Haleigh, Ronald Cummings dropped into the Tampa Bay area to add a tattoo showcasing his little girl.

The 5-year-old girl vanished from her home last month and remains a subject of intense searches.

Ronald Cummings didn't want to talk about his run in with Geraldo Rivera about his allegations of drug use and spousal and child abuse but he did want to talk about his daughter showing the tattoo obtained with $400 paid by someone else.

There is a video at the link also....the people inside the tattoo place said he was more interested in talking about the money he has recieved from this than Haleigh......sad sad sad.........

Glad a four hundred dollar tat was necessary....OMG.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...o-Pinellas-to-get/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

PINELLAS PARK, FL -- Taking a break from the search for his missing daughter Haleigh, Ronald Cummings dropped into the Tampa Bay area to add a tattoo showcasing his little girl.

The 5-year-old girl vanished from her home last month and remains a subject of intense searches.

Ronald Cummings didn't want to talk about his run in with Geraldo Rivera about his allegations of drug use and spousal and child abuse but he did want to talk about his daughter showing the tattoo obtained with $400 paid by someone else.

There is a video at the link also....the people inside the tattoo place said he was more interested in talking about the money he has recieved from this than Haleigh......sad sad sad.........

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...o-Pinellas-to-get/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

Glad you posted this here. I think people should be informed as to what their generous donations are going for. Sickening.

Ridiculous!!!!

Maybe if people still want to donate, it's better to send items for Jr.'s care. Food/toys/clothing, etc.

We do not know the tattoo was paid for by donations. The article specifically said the $400 was paid for by someone else. I took that to mean someone specifically paid for Ron to have this tattoo.

I am hoping it will not run rampant that donation money was spent doing this and people stop sending donation.

We do not know the tattoo was paid for by donations. The article specifically said the $400 was paid for by someone else. I took that to mean someone specifically paid for Ron to have this tattoo.

I am hoping it will not run rampant that donation money was spent doing this and people stop sending donation.

Between the article and the video...it was pretty clear to me. The guy was kind of shocked that Ron was talking so much about the money he has recieved and not Haleigh.

I guess it wasnt as clear to me, I took it as someone specifically paid for the tattoo. As far as Ron talking about money instead of Haleigh, the guy didn't want to say that on camera which always makes me kinda go hmmmm. Without knowing the context of what was said, I am not ready to jump on the Ron is a jerk and is happy about all the money he is making and doesnt care about Haleigh bandwagon.

Between the article and the video...it was pretty clear to me. The guy was kind of shocked that Ron was talking so much about the money he has recieved and not Haleigh.

PALATKA, FL -- The owner of Spurs Saloon is trying to keep hope alive for Haleigh Cummings by collecting donations for the family.

Manager Miguel Ziolko says the bar normally doesn't charge a cover. This week though, from Thursday through Saturday night, the bar is asking customers to donate money at the door.

All the money will be given to Haleigh's family and will most likely be used for the reward, which currently stands at $26,500.

Spurs is open from noon until 2 a.m.

The address is 101 S. 10th St.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=132713&catid=295

The comments below the article are interesting...

Janitor charged with theft of Haleigh Cummings reward cash
Man cleaned Baker County school bus garage where girl's grandmother drives

Baker County deputies have charged a janitor with stealing reward money collected by school bus drivers for information in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Among the ties to Haleigh's case: the bus drivers include her maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis, school officials said.

http://www.jacksonville.com:80/news...or_with_stealing_reward_money_in_haleigh_cumm

Janitor charged with theft of Haleigh Cummings reward cash
Man cleaned Baker County school bus garage where girl's grandmother drives

Baker County deputies have charged a janitor with stealing reward money collected by school bus drivers for information in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Among the ties to Haleigh's case: the bus drivers include her maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis, school officials said.

http://www.jacksonville.com:80/news...or_with_stealing_reward_money_in_haleigh_cumm

Law Girl - you might want to take note of where this fellow is from - Mcclenny Fl. Some of you may be aware that yesterday HLN was showing video and reporting that a Mcclenny man was detained in Satsuma after it was reported he was contacting realtors claiming to be a member of the Cummings family. He also tried to get into the house from where Haleigh disappeared. Additionally, he contacted TN and told her he could find Haleigh if she would let him in the house.

I have no link to that but several of us saw it on HLN yesterday while it was being reported. Not sure this is the same fellow or not. But he does come from the same town. Checking media outlets I could not find any reports of what HLN reported.

CS has set up a command center and starting a fund the ' Haleigh Bug' foundation. The funds will go to help find Haleigh and it states that any left over funds will go to the mothers of missing children...according to the article.
http://www.fox30online.com/content/...New-Step-Mother-s/MW686_FuKkec5zZxITxJ6w.cspx

This is the first i have heard of the Haleigh Bug foundation??

ETA: Angel posted this for us on the media thread:blowkiss:

New information regarding the HaleighBug foundation and command center. http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/17/news/news01.txt

haleighbug.com: http://haleighbug.com/

This is a new site, hopefully the family is still working on it. There are several issues with this site. The wording and the plea to help Crystal, imo are very poorly worded. The photo's are not showing, and the site states that this is a foundation. Does that mean 5013c? If yes, there needs to be proper paperwork and accounting for a non-profit. If no, it should be clearly stated.

There has been a great deal of past controversy regarding donations to missing person's families, and do not want to see anything that would distract from the purpose of the foundation, which is to help find Haleigh, if i read correctly...

Accused Child Predator Offers Help for Haleigh

Just when you think you’ve seen every aspect of bizarre happenings around horrible crimes, consider a new window on the absurd: a guy in a pickup truck swings by the volunteer tip office for missing Haleigh Cummings and offers to donate office furniture.

We have a thread about it here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81611

haleighbug.com: http://haleighbug.com/

This is a new site, hopefully the family is still working on it. There are several issues with this site. The wording and the plea to help Crystal, imo are very poorly worded. The photo's are not showing, and the site states that this is a foundation. Does that mean 5013c? If yes, there needs to be proper paperwork and accounting for a non-profit. If no, it should be clearly stated.

There has been a great deal of past controversy regarding donations to missing person's families, and do not want to see anything that would distract from the purpose of the foundation, which is to help find Haleigh, if i read correctly...

They must have gotten a lot of feedback on the site because it is down now. It just has a banner saying "Coming Soon. Under Construction."

Donations of purple paint - a favorite color of Haleigh's - rent money and sparse furnishings were used to turn the building along the two-lane stretch of U.S. 17 into an information center about the case. Opened this week, it will be manned by Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, and her supporters.

In nearby Crescent City, a bank account fueled by donations has paid a vehicle insurance bill, a water payment and a power bill for Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings. Cummings, who has said he is unable to return to the blue mobile home where Haleigh vanished, is living at his grandmother's in Welaka with his new wife and 4-year-old son.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ommunity_contributes_to_haleighs_family_funds

Community contributes to Haleigh's family funds
Donations sustain the search, and creation of an information center.
Story updated at 6:29 AM on Friday, Mar. 20, 2009
<snipped>
For more than a month Sheffield and Cummings have turned to separate support networks. Neither parent is working while the search for their daughter continues.

Kim Picazio, a South Florida lawyer who helped secure and spruce up the building for Sheffield, is directing the creation of a trust that will accept donations to help support the 23-year-old mother, whose home is in Baker County.
Money donated to the trust would be used for expenditures such as rent, food and gas as long as Sheffield stays, Picazio said.

For weeks, Putnam County businessman Jamie Watts has overseen a similar account set up for Haleigh's father and Ronald Cummings Jr., her 4-year-old brother.
Watts said less than $5,000 has been given to the Haleigh Cummings Relief Fund at Bank of America. The bank will not provide information on the account, citing privacy reasons.

Less than $1,000 has been spent on the insurance and other bills, Watts said. Set up by the bank under rules outlined by Florida law, money from the account cannot be used in support of Haleigh's mother because she was not living in the house at the time of the disappearance.
Watts said any withdrawals from the account must be approved by him and be used for a specific bill and certain expenses. In the past week and a half, donations have trickled off, he said.

Since the beginning only a handful of small checks came from out of state, with most of the money coming from within Putnam County.
A local church placed donation jars in the area and donated to the account.
"The lady didn't know what to do with it," Watts said. He said he told the church he could only accept money for Cummings. He did not know if some of the cash went to Sheffield.
"No one wants to take sides," he said. "This is a little community we live in. It is very tiny. When something like this happens, it sends shock waves out to the community."

In Baker County the sentiment has been similar.
Co-workers of Sheffield's mother, Marie Griffis, raised $670 to help the family. Although the money was stolen from the school bus depot where Griffis works, it was recovered.

Throughout the past month, money and other contributions have come in at camps where the families were set up, said family members. It might be $20 for gas or a food donation.

Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes, said the family kept a journal of donations.
"We wrote the names and addresses down," she said.
After money in the Cummings account is no longer needed, the remainder will be sent to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Watts said.

Picazio said any that is left in any account set up for Sheffield would be distributed in a similar way.

Article:
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...s_family_funds

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong