RI RI - Charlotte Lester, 44, Lester's dog abandoned on Elmwood Ave, East Greenwich, 16 May 2022

Kathy Wilson, a family friend, tells 12 News Lester’s family and close friends believe something sinister happened to her.

“Everybody has been referring to this as a missing person case,” Wilson said. “But the family strongly believes that her life has been taken and it’s not a missing person case. We believe it’s a murder investigation.”

Warwick detectives have remain tight-lipped regarding the investigation into Lester’s disappearance, but did recently confirm they’ve identified multiple persons of interest. They declined to comment when 12 News asked whether they believe foul play was involved in Lester’s case or whether they believe she is alive.

Lester’s family is offering a $20,000 reward to anyone with information pertinent to the investigation. She is described as a white female with a slim-to-medium build and brown eyes. It’s also possible she’s wearing a wig, according to police.

Anyone with information on Lester’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Warwick Police Department at (401) 468-4200.

This is the actual news Video from 2 weeks ago.

They found the car.
They found the dog.
They found love notes near her truck.

No Charlotte.

Her truck was found in a hospital parking lot. CCTV footage?

Hoping they catch a break soon.

Lester’s family and friends have searched the woods near Belmont Park and along the Pawtuxet River for any clues as to where she might be.

One of those search parties found a series of letters in the woods near where Lester’s truck was found.

Those letters, which investigators have described as “articles of interest,” all appear to be addressed to Charlotte.

“Charlotte, I am falling for your deeply,” one reads.

That same day, investigators searched a Staples Avenue home she was known to frequent.

I really feel for Charlotte's family, so frustrating for them. Hopefully LE is building a case behind the scenes.

From post above - “Charlotte, I am falling for your deeply,” one reads.

For some reason adding that "deeply" sounds kind of odd to me. I can imagine saying "I am falling for you" more than the "deeply".

I realize the following has nothing to do with Charlotte, but when I google "I am falling for you deeply" the only thing that comes up on my end shows a strange site about a "R***** post and comment search" (that I'm afraid to click on!) that someone posted that says "He texted me 2 big messages between: I am falling for you deeply vs you need a monogamous man. I blocked him from everything as I felt that was the right..."

If I wasn't such a big chicken I'd love to know what that was all about, i.e. is that particular "deeply" phrase used a lot in catfishing, etc.?

From post above - “Charlotte, I am falling for your deeply,” one reads.

For some reason adding that "deeply" sounds kind of odd to me. I can imagine saying "I am falling for you" more than the "deeply".

I realize the following has nothing to do with Charlotte, but when I google "I am falling for you deeply" the only thing that comes up on my end shows a strange site about a "R***** post and comment search" (that I'm afraid to click on!) that someone posted that says "He texted me 2 big messages between: I am falling for you deeply vs you need a monogamous man. I blocked him from everything as I felt that was the right..."

If I wasn't such a big chicken I'd love to know what that was all about, i.e. is that particular "deeply" phrase used a lot in catfishing, etc.?
I mean written by a delusional person it could mean obsession - by the right person I think its just poetic license...

just my opinion :)

Lester’s family and friends have searched the woods near Belmont Park and along the Pawtuxet River for any clues as to where she might be.

One of those search parties found a series of letters in the woods near where Lester’s truck was found.

Those letters, which investigators have described as “articles of interest,” all appear to be addressed to Charlotte.

“Charlotte, I am falling for your deeply,” one reads.

That same day, investigators searched a Staples Avenue home she was known to frequent.

I really feel for Charlotte's family, so frustrating for them. Hopefully LE is building a case behind the scenes.

Agreed. I hope they are building a case too.

So many clues were left behind from my perspective:

I hope there were fingerprints on those love letters and door handles of her truck (if someone drove it). I hope there are digitial footprint (if she had a computer)/if the have her cell phone?. I hope there were CCTV camera's by the hospital - and along the streets of the home she left...

MAY 16, 2023
It’s been exactly one year since Charlotte Lester was last seen.

A vigil will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Arnold’s Neck Waterfront Park to honor her.

Warwick police say they found Lester's dog abandoned on Elmwood Avenue and later found her car at Kent Hospital.

They also found love letters in nearby woods.

For weeks police taped off a home on Staples Avenue in Warwick but wouldn't say why.

One aspect of Lester's freedom, which Wilson does acknowledge, involves her relationship with an older, married man. Previously, Wilson says, Lester had been in a romantic relationship with him.

This was no longer true in May of 2023, but the same man continued to provide Lester with her own residence, her transportation – a truck – and even her own budget for expenses, says Wilson.

Lester's family, Wilson says, firmly believes that the man had no involvement in her disappearance. She acknowledges his financial support was a basis for Lester's free-spirited pursuit of conversation and good deeds each day. But she says she will not criticize the arrangement.

This was no longer true in May of 2023, but the same man continued to provide Lester with her own residence, her transportation – a truck – and even her own budget for expenses, says Wilson.
This is a typo, the reporter means May of 2022, when Charlotte went missing.

Her family seems to not want to talk about a lot of aspects of her life. That's their right, but it gives us a fairly incomplete picture of Charlotte and the risk she may have been in when she went missing. At the very least, I wish we knew more about the love letters and the person whose house was roped off.

MAY 18, 2023
The Arnold's Neck neighborhood of Warwick is known for its proximity to the water. On Tuesday night, however, a trip to the shoreline was more somber than usual.

Charlotte Lester has been missing from Warwick for one year as of this week. Her family hosted a vigil in the neighborhood once frequented by the former Natick High School student on Tuesday.

[...]

A year on from her disappearance, details remain sparse in the case. A detective on the case told Providence's ABC 6 that he didn't have new information to provide, and a Providence Journal report also indicated that sources close to an investigation declined to comment.

MAY 20, 2023
The way Charlotte Lester's family tells it, the bubbly, free-spirited Warwick woman had found happiness in her mid-40s.

Her motto was "Twenty good deeds a day," says Kathy Wilson, who has spoken for Lester's mother and siblings since she disappeared in May 2022. "She was happy. She liked her life."

Police have not provided any definitive evidence pointing to Charlotte's demise, nor have they accused anyone of perpetrating any crime against her. But Lester's family believes she is no longer alive and was the victim of foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back