RI - Michael Woodmansee, killer of Jason Foreman, 5, released 12 years early

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Killer of South Kingstown boy Jason Foreman to be released in August, 12 years early
01:00 AM EST on Sunday, March 6, 2011

SOUTH KINGSTOWN –– Michael Woodmansee had been put away for good.

Or that’s how revulsion and hope fused over the years in the village of Peace Dale, distorting memories. In people’s minds, the monster who killed 5-year-old Jason Foreman in 1975 and kept the boy’s shellacked bones and skull on his bedroom dresser would remain behind bars forever.

But Woodmansee, who in 1982 tried to strangle the local paperboy and ended up confessing to killing Jason, wasn’t sentenced to forever. He got 40 years to serve.

Now, because of a prison reward system that shaves 10 days or more a month off inmates’ sentences for good behavior, the perpetrator of one of Rhode Island’s most detestable crimes is scheduled to be released 12 years sooner.

“Certainly there would not have been any anticipation of him getting out in 28 years,” said Superior Court Judge Susan E. McGuirl, who as a state prosecutor in 1983 agreed to the plea bargain that spared the Foreman family a trial and revelations of possible other atrocities never made public.

The Foremans, the police and the hundreds of volunteers who searched for days for the missing boy — only to learn the horrific truth seven years later — just wanted Woodmansee gone for a very long time.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/MICHAEL_WOODMANSEE_03-06-11_PIMQFMO_v39.1941899.html

John Foreman's 5 year old son was killed, eaten and his bones shellacked as a trophy by Michael Woodmansee of Providence RI in 1975.

Woodmansee was convicted in 1983-he was a neighbor of the Foremans.

The kicker is that Woodmansee is scheduled for early release in August of this year. Yes, thanks to a law that has been on the books since the 1870's, Woodmansee is eligible for early release as long as he is a good boy and held a prison job.

No danger to another child here, right?

So John Foreman is going to murder him if he is released.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1321867&srvc=rss

The man served 28 years for this crime. The Foreman's will be serving a lifetime. It is hard to see which side justice is on. I mean it is really hard. I dont believe Mr. Foreman should kill this man-I really dont. But children everywhere are in danger. They can't just hide Woodmansee in some unsuspecting community.

I would be heartbroken to see the dad do jail or prison time. But a parent has to do, what a parent has to do.

I'm not in favor of the father saying he's going to kill this monster.

I'm not in favor of the father saying he's going to kill this monster.

I am not in favor of what you said either.

I would have to send him cards thanking him for his service to our country.

I cannot image the pain this man has had to live with for the last 35 years. I was born in 1975 and my son is now 5. My whole life this man has suffered and now he wants to give his life up to protect other children.

I just don't really know how I feel about this. I'll be back after I have ruminated.

I'm not in favor of vigilante justice but I also feel for this father and what he has had to go through already. I absolutely hate early release programs. And anyone who kills a child should never be allowed to see the light of day, IMO.

This guy killed a child, ATE him, shellacked his bones as trophies and instead of the DP got only 40 years on second degree murder charges. Are you kidding me? So, now he can get out and do it all again? Can you imagine the panic, as a parent, you'd feel knowing this guy was loose in your area? When will the rights of the public and the victims come before the animals who kill, rape and EAT our children. I'm going to be ill.

I know how I feel about it.

I remember this.

Woodmansee kept this child's skull on his bureau. His own father asked about it and he told him it was a prop for a play he was in.

http://www.projo.com/specials/century/month10/scounty1.htm

Here I go with my justice, revenge, karma question. JMO, but there's absolutely zero justice even if they put this guy to death once they locked him up. A five year old child was murdered. Is it revenge if Mr. Formean takes the murderer out? Maybe it's justice for other children who will no doubt come into contact with him. Will Mr. Foreman's karma be messed with if he does take him out?

God Bless that poor man. I can't even begin to pretend to imagine.

Ask Marc Klass, as a father, how he feels about a man who has "done his time" and then is let out? This is why I'm pro-death penalty. If the state won't do it, then fortunately for the future children in this mans reach, there may be someone who will.

If a person is so sick that they kill, eat and use the child as art for their wall, there is absolutely NO, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, etc. chance for rehabilitation. Its getting so bad nowadays that I think in the future there will be groups of people who dedicate their lives to this and kill these monsters, even if it means life or even death in prison for them.

I'm not making light of this, but have you seen Dexter? It's a little far fetched, but our world may be forced to go in this direction.

This guy killed a child, ATE him, shellacked his bones as trophies and instead of the DP got only 40 years on second degree murder charges. Are you kidding me? So, now he can get out and do it all again? Can you imagine the panic, as a parent, you'd feel knowing this guy was loose in your area? When will the rights of the public and the victims come before the animals who kill, rape and EAT our children. I'm going to be ill.

Oh never fear! There will be no little community fearing about this man...until he's killed, eaten and made art out of another child. They won't tell anyone where he's going to protect him.

God...what monsters live among us?

I'm back. I needed to educate myself on this case.
As my friend Willie said
"Take all the rope in Texas, find a tall oak tree......"

I have never been one to endorse vigilante justice but in this case, Justice was not served. IMO she is still screaming out to be served in the case. There is justifiable homicide, kwim?

Oh never fear! There will be no little community fearing about this man...until he's killed, eaten and made art out of another child. They won't tell anyone where he's going to protect him.

God...what monsters live among us?

So true. Criminals have more rights than victims. He will be protected. This is absolutely heartbreaking for John Foreman and terrifying for the public.

O/T, but not if anyone cares to read. This was a horrific murder of a child back in 1949. I am aware of it through my parents. It also was a landmark case. The sexual psycopath did horrendous things to the child he murdered.

http://localism.com/blog/nv/las_vegas/posts/1049665/NEIGHBORHOOD-PROBLEMS-THE-CURIOUS

Mr. levin got out and moved to Jersey. last I looked he married and he became a Christian and of all things ministered to YOUTH locked up. He explained to them that he too had done time because he was "in a fight" as a kid and it led to murder. A fight.

Sorry for the hijack.

Oh my, I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself on this one.

I think it will be interesting to see how this evolves. It is very hard for me not to want Mr. W to suffer more for what he did. That is the honest truth. I do not want Mr. Foreman to do this crime-no matter how much my heart breaks for him.

Without Mr. W, this law would not be getting a second glance. The time is now to close the loophole. In MA as in FL, they can do an indefinite psychiatric hold on a patient/inmate such as this one. I dont know if RI has the same law...I pray to God that it does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back