RI - Michael Woodmansee, killer of Jason Foreman, 5, released 12 years early

I can't say that I wouldn't feel the same way, as bad as it sounds.
I always said if anyone hurt 1 hair on my child's head, I'd be there!
Yes I probably would say I would kill also, but when the time came, would I?
I hope not.
I hope dad got couseling over this horrendous monsterous crime.
I hope the monster dies in prison and saves everyone grief.
This monster should never be free, IMO.

If the dad does follow through, will any of the people who say they support him in doing this, actually support him?

I wonder.

If Mr. Foreman is serious my only advice to him would be not to do it while in RI! I really don't see any jury convicting him except RI, Vermont, Mass and a few others.

Here is what I am wondering-did they bundle the charges for both the Foreman murder and the Sherman attempted murder?

Perhaps, if the plea did NOT cover both, they can see if the Sherman attempted murder is still within the statute.

ETA: there does NOT appear to be a statute of limitations on attempted murder. I guess the question becomes whether or not Dale Sherman's case was included in the plea bargain. If not, there is your loophole I think.

I emailed the reporter who wrote the article referenced by concentric. I will let you know if I get a reply and what it is.

If the dad does follow through, will any of the people who say they support him in doing this, actually support him?

I wonder.

I would support him. I am not saying he's right but it's something that would certainly cross my mind to do if my child were murdered and they let the [unusual person] anywhere that I could get hold of him/her.

I know how I feel about it.

I remember this.

Woodmansee kept this child's skull on his bureau. His own father asked about it and he told him it was a prop for a play he was in.

http://www.projo.com/specials/century/month10/scounty1.htm

Here I go with my justice, revenge, karma question. JMO, but there's absolutely zero justice even if they put this guy to death once they locked him up. A five year old child was murdered. Is it revenge if Mr. Formean takes the murderer out? Maybe it's justice for other children who will no doubt come into contact with him. Will Mr. Foreman's karma be messed with if he does take him out?

God Bless that poor man. I can't even begin to pretend to imagine.

I'm not trying to joke about this, I was just reminded of the old saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". I'll say that Mr. Foreman is taking a "preventive measure" here in order to save other children like his son.

Petition to keep Woodmansee behind bars for life (at link)

Superior Court Judge Susan E. McGuirl, the former state prosecutor who agreed to the plea bargain, did not immediately return calls for comment from AOL News today. Speaking with the Journal, she said news of Woodmansee's pending release was "shocking."

"Certainly there would not have been any anticipation of him getting out in 28 years," she told the newspaper. copyrite AOL NEWS

*PLEASE LETS STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING....THIS MAN SHOULD DIE IN JAIL!!!*

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rebeccacucca2011/

The petition cant possibly be a means to prevent this man his right to get out if his time served is up. I am sure they are combing his files looking for any infraction so they can take away a year or so until they sort this out.

Petition to keep Woodmansee behind bars for life (at link)

Superior Court Judge Susan E. McGuirl, the former state prosecutor who agreed to the plea bargain, did not immediately return calls for comment from AOL News today. Speaking with the Journal, she said news of Woodmansee's pending release was "shocking."

"Certainly there would not have been any anticipation of him getting out in 28 years," she told the newspaper. copyrite AOL NEWS

*PLEASE LETS STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING....THIS MAN SHOULD DIE IN JAIL!!!*

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rebeccacucca2011/

I went to the link and signed the petition. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but I tried to do my part.:innocent::innocent:lol

I'm hoping there is a legal loophole of some kind to keep this monster behind bars where he belongs.

The petition cant possibly be a means to prevent this man his right to get out if his time served is up. I am sure they are combing his files looking for any infraction so they can take away a year or so until they sort this out.

I wouldn't argue that point, but for some who can't do anything else in this situation, it may feel better than doing nothing...

Oh dear - this is a bit of a dilemma for me. I have always known myself well enough to know that I would fight to the death for myself and would be 100% capable of killing anyone who harmed my babies.

I would would bet Mr. Foreman never sought counseling in an effort to deal with the brutal, depraved murder of his son. My heart goes out to him, truly. I would hate to see his own life end due, in any way, to the killer of his child. But I can understand his feelings and I do believe Woodmansee will kill again. No doubt in my mind. Some people simply cannot be fixed.

I'm really not sure what to hope for here. :(

Oh dear - this is a bit of a dilemma for me. I have always known myself well enough to know that I would fight to the death for myself and would be 100% capable of killing anyone who harmed my babies.

I would would bet Mr. Foreman never sought counseling in an effort to deal with the brutal, depraved murder of his son. My heart goes out to him, truly. I would hate to see his own life end due, in any way, to the killer of his child. But I can understand his feelings and I do believe Woodmansee will kill again. No doubt in my mind. Some people simply cannot be fixed.

I'm really not sure what to hope for here. :(

I heard snips of a radio show he was on and he sounded reasonable. He really wants the public to know this man is harmful to society. I think he feels if he is let out then he must do what ever he can to protect any child. Normally that may be an irrational fear and super hero type of complex but in this case I believe his fear to be all to grounded in reality. He sounds as if he reseached alot about canibals and people who reoffend.

That was the impression I got from hearing what he said. IMO. I think Mr. Foreman is not off balance or speaking from anger. He sounds concerned. His fears are mine too. Since there is no sure fire way to tell if the creep is fixed or not and the risk to great for a child I could see why Mr. Foremen feels this way.

In states with no death penalty does it seem these guys get out more often?
I think I would be less scared if they let Manson out then this guy.

I knew a guy once. He would come into my previous place of employment every morning for coffee for years and years and one day he disappeared... came back about six months later and told me why he was gone. His niece, who was handicap (cerebral palsy sp?) was being sexually abused (awfully) by the mothers boyfriend and they took him out into the woods and beat him up something awful. They left him for dead, but he lived. They got charged with attempted murder... found Not Guilty by a jury.

I guess my only thought reading about this case is... I wish the father hadn't "announced" his plans. Even if he just said it out of anger... who is to say that they never come face to face and the father loses it mentally and kills this guy? It would automatically be a "pre-meditated" murder charge and the poor father would get a LIFE sentence WITHOUT parole... unlike the monster who murdered this poor little boy!

Sometimes I think we get the meaning of Justice mixed up.

If I am in school and I take a test, the teacher then grades that test or "judges it" and scores it. If I got all the questions right I get an A. Now if the teacher gave me a B and I had them all right then there was an "injustice" for me. Not my parents, not my family and not my friends. The "injustice" was for me.

This man went before this judge and like in my case where I earned an A but only got a B, this man deserved life without parole or the death penalty and the judge failed this man. The judge did an injustice to this man by not giving him the penalty he earned and deserved.

There was no injustice done to this family or society, the injustice was done to this man, he did not get the "grade" or sentence he deserved.

I appreciate your post.

After thinking about what you have said I do believe their is an injustice done to society.

God please forbid, but I am willing to bet that if this monster gets out and kills, cannibalizes and shellacks another child to display their skull on his dresser, that child's parents will agree.

I understand the points about not condoning vigilante justice.
I understand the desire of this parent to protect other children even though they are not his.
To spare another family the knowledge and subsequent agony he has endured all these years.

I also understand that this parent has a conscience and more than likely, if he were to follow through with this murder, he will forever be haunted by the things he has done and the vision in his mind he has created. He will be haunted even more than the man that killed his son. Why? Because he HAS a conscience. In the end it may drive this father to suicide. In the end this father may commit suicide anyway just due to the stress. It kind of amazes me it did not happen when he realized the horror his child endured and then how the child's body and remains were desecrated and then DISPLAYED. Can we even begin to imagine the nightmares this parent must have had? Killing the killer will trigger more, and probably worse, nightmares.

Yes, yes I do think the Judge has committed an injustice against society and not just against this murderer.

To me, it is like the stone thrown in the water. The Judge had an opportunity to put a stop to the ripples. The ramifications are endless.

Yes, I understand the Judge was only acting based on sentencing guidelines as they were at the time.

Final grade: F (All the way around) IMO

Killing this monster wouldn't be an option for me.

It would be a necessity.

Everything in me is telling me he will hurt more children even if he is released 12 years from now.

One never knows what they are truly capable of until one is put in that situation.

It is my belief that, the meekest of people can become the most vicious of killers given the right circumstances. Man can only be pushed so far before he retaliates.

Survival of the fittest?
A desire to protect the fellow man?

Possibly a noble idea spouted publicly to protect others while exacting revenge?

I'm not sure...have no idea what the truth is...it's not my truth...it is this father's truth...HE knows his heart and his truth.

The system still gets an "F" IMO

I don't know how this animal wasn't killed in jail. This is terrible for the father of the boy killed, I understand his rage but if he kills this animal, he'll take his spot in prison. Too bad the DP wasn't an option, or was it and this animal just plead out...:maddening:

He should do this in a more productive way, get over to the parole board and make them understand, no child is safe if he is let free. Take the high road dad...now that you've told the world you intend to kill this animal, it can't be viewed as a crime of passion, I wouldn't blame you for doing so but you are now making a murder 1 charge for yourself if you do follow through with your threat...My heart breaks for you and what your son went through, the man doesn't deserve to live never mind be set free...so hop over to the parole board, go to the Attorney General, if needed but get him to not be released, that's your best bet! JMHO

Justice for Jason

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back