Richards: Mick Jagger was "unbearable"

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Dark Knight, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

LONDON (Reuters) – Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards says in his new autobiography that Mick Jagger became unbearable over the years and reveals he also calls the imperious lead singer "Your Majesty" and "Brenda."

The memoir is peppered with references to other celebrities -- from Johnny Depp to John Lennon -- but it is the prickly dynamic between Richards and Jagger that dominates the 527-page book, which is to be serialized in The Times newspaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101015/en_nm/us_books_richards

2. Loading...

3. capps

capps New Member

I think they both could be unbearable, but I believe they love each other. Interesting book though,I just may buy it!

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

But no one ever sang Buddy Holly's "Not Fade Away" better than Brenda. I mean Mick.

5. OneLove

OneLove New Member

Oh so true! Plus, I didn't want to marry any of the Stones for heaven's sake, just groove to the music. Can't speak for Keith, tho. :D

6. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Wonder what he has to say about Brian Jones?

Also I wonder if he shares about falling out of that coconut tree on his head.

Johnny Depp always gets to hang out with cool people. How's that work?

7. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

Thanks Dark Knight,,,had no idea he was writing a book. I am a big Rolling Stones fan and will be sure to put this on my many books to read list!

8. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

Who would have thought, a rock star being unbearable!!

Thanks DK, a big Stones fan here.

Goz

9. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

This is a true story whether you want to believe it or not my roommate was friends with Mariana Guinness and Mick stopped by and my roommate said he came in like he was King of the Guinness Castle. He said he sat at the front of the dinning table and one by one everybody left.

10. Old Gray Mare

Old Gray Mare New Member

I agree with OneLove - I don't want to marry Mick. I just want to keep watching him strut, shake, wiggle, etc., on stage. I've been lucky enough to attend four of their concerts and hope to attend them as long as I can. He is magic on stage, a real showman, the perfect front man. :woohoo:

11. Nova

Nova Active Member

Exactly. I am shocked.

12. Velouria

Velouria Don't Drink the Pinellas Punch!

:laugh:"Her Majesty, Brenda".

I totally believe you, legalmania. Honestly, I've had my share of crushes on rock stars - heck, some might call it bordering on slavish worship. But I've never, ever gotten the thing with Mick Jagger. :waitasec:

He's always struck me as England's answer to Frank Sinatra: a little banty rooster crowing and fluffling his feathers, strutting around the barnyard. I have no doubt he walked in like he owned the place.

Many years ago, I was backstage at a Police concert and Sting walked into the dressing room much as I imagine ol' Mick did. Give me a guy with some humility and respect for others any day.

13. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Wonder what Mick would say about Keith in a brutally honest moment? LOL

These kind of complex intricate love/hate relationships usually go both ways IMHO.

14. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

One of their better ones. Check out Mick's lips, Keef's boots, Mick Taylor's "Omigod, what am I doing in this band, no one leaves the Stones and lives to tell about it" blank stare, etc. etc.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g69labQKuuU[/ame]

15. Lola

Lola New Member

Brenda was also a name journos used for the Queen. IIRC correctly they referred to Phillip as Stavros because of his Greek links.

16. smart blonde

smart blonde Websleuths Member

Oh, wfgodot, thank you for sharing this- I love it!

And, thank you to Dark Knight, for the heads up- this book just made it to the top of my Winter/ 'Snowy Day' Reading list. Can't wait to read it!

(I've always had a thing for guitarists, and always thought Keith Richards was sexy).

17. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

Two that I noticed that had respect and humility would be Jackson Browne and Tom Petty. Totally nice guys. I doubt they are unbearable. Nice to see some that don't have so much of an ego and prima donna attitude.

Can't wait to read the book though.

Goz

18. Mom who cares

Mom who cares Cheesehead from the Dairy State

wfgodot, thanks for the "Wild Horses" video, certainly took me back a few years. One of my favorite Stones songs, also delighfully preformed by Gram Parsons back in the day.

19. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

You're welcome. Gram talked the Stones into letting his Flying Burrito Brothers record the song, and their version was actually released first.

20. the seeker

the seeker New Member

thank you for posting this. I have been a gigantic Stones fan since I was 12 (forty now). The Brenda thing always cracked me up. Keith is my favorite and I simply adore the guy. I will be getting the book for sure.

21. MaryLiz

MaryLiz New Member

BBM

Unfortunately, I've never met Tom Petty, though went to several TP and the Heartbreakers concerts and I agree that he seems like he would be a very nice guy who would have no attitude going on at all. I did get to meet Jackson Browne backstage once, and you are absolutely right - he is one of the nicest, most down to earth guys you would ever want to meet.