Ricki Lake Show Tuesday May 14

OHHHH. Wait, which one? The one with the German con man? Or was I just not paying enough attention?

Thank Goodness it's going on youtube. I missed a huge chunk of it

That's the one. I see it's been posted.

Katiecoolady, you look fantastic and did a wonderful job. Touched my heart and brought me to tears.
I, and so many others, think so highly of you and what you are doing..

Thank You. :wave:

Jellybeanz - try part 5 now. I replaced it below without the commercial I think caused the issue.

KCL I had no idea about your sister. What a horrible thing to go through. Hugs.

Thank you everyone. It was quite an experience being on that show. The hardest part for me was going through all the photos they asked me to send (they just showed a fraction--I'll repost the link to the photobucket album where you can see all the photos of my beautiful sister Cindy).

I was pleased with it (but boy I barely let Ricki get a word in edgewise..I talk when I'm nervous). I only wish they'd let me get a statement in they'd kind of talked to me about before the show when asking me if there was anything I'd like to say in particular...the producer thought I'd have a chance to say it on the last segment on the couch w/ everyone but there wasn't time. It was ok as Susan Markowitz really needed to share her story and about her book...her case is truly heartbreaking, so many trials, her young son...sigh (very nice woman as were the Gentrys and I met all those sweet boys, talk about heartbreaking).

Anyway what I had wanted to say was something like this:

You can have the absolute worst thing you could ever imagine happen in your life and you still get to have your own destiny. You don't have to give up your entire life to this tragedy...you can be affected by it but you can still find your own destiny and still deserve an amazing life in spite of this happening.

I do feel that to be true for me and I think that's the best "tribute" I can give to my sister and also my mother who we lost as children. The finding, pursuing, being open to an amazing life that I still can have. And for me that includes helping others in service sometimes like this case. As I texted with Steven tonite, it has been my blessing and privilege to sit with the Alexanders in solidarity and feel this connection with them in justice. It has made me a stronger person in a lot of ways, some known, some unknown.

Anyway, in case anyone's interested, here is a link to my Victim Impact statement which I know the Alexanders read as they prepared for theirs. I feel good about it as it DID have a real impact in keeping a murderer in prison for life. So....I'm glad to share it.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/07/retarded_german_killer_rudi_ap.php

THANK YOU for posting the youtube videos guys. xoxo

This is the Photobucket album with all the photos I sent the show to use--from the last photo taken when we were together as a family to baby pics:

http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/creamnsugarbath/library/Cindy Photos - Ricki Lake?sort=3&page=1

{{{KCL}}} Hugs to you. You're such an inspiration. I only watched the posted video where it cuts off... I'm waiting for the part where Ricki calls you a badass. :p

LOL she called me that off air before the show started. But noticed they didn't edit out me saying "oh HELL no" lol oops.

KCL you looked beautiful! God bless you for all you do for the Alexander family. There is a jewel in your heavenly crown waiting for you. God bless!

Wow KCL you were fabulous!! I don't usually watch The Ricki Lake show, but after viewing yesterday, for the first time since she has returned, I am going to revisit her show. The stories were heart-breaking, as we knew they would be, but you did great. You were poised, well spoken and looked fabumazing!!!! I only wish you never had to recite this and that Bad Things Didn't Happen to Good People, but alas, we know they do. I know you could have talked for the whole hour and it still wouldn't be enough for the attention your sister and family deserve. You are unaware of the strength and hope you beam to others in your sisters memory. Stay Cool Katie Lady!!!!

Thank you everyone. It was quite an experience being on that show. The hardest part for me was going through all the photos they asked me to send (they just showed a fraction--I'll repost the link to the photobucket album where you can see all the photos of my beautiful sister Cindy).

I was pleased with it (but boy I barely let Ricki get a word in edgewise..I talk when I'm nervous). I only wish they'd let me get a statement in they'd kind of talked to me about before the show when asking me if there was anything I'd like to say in particular...the producer thought I'd have a chance to say it on the last segment on the couch w/ everyone but there wasn't time. It was ok as Susan Markowitz really needed to share her story and about her book...her case is truly heartbreaking, so many trials, her young son...sigh (very nice woman as were the Gentrys and I met all those sweet boys, talk about heartbreaking).

Anyway what I had wanted to say was something like this:

You can have the absolute worst thing you could ever imagine happen in your life and you still get to have your own destiny. You don't have to give up your entire life to this tragedy...you can be affected by it but you can still find your own destiny and still deserve an amazing life in spite of this happening.

I do feel that to be true for me and I think that's the best "tribute" I can give to my sister and also my mother who we lost as children. The finding, pursuing, being open to an amazing life that I still can have. And for me that includes helping others in service sometimes like this case. As I texted with Steven tonite, it has been my blessing and privilege to sit with the Alexanders in solidarity and feel this connection with them in justice. It has made me a stronger person in a lot of ways, some known, some unknown.

Anyway, in case anyone's interested, here is a link to my Victim Impact statement which I know the Alexanders read as they prepared for theirs. I feel good about it as it DID have a real impact in keeping a murderer in prison for life. So....I'm glad to share it.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/07/retarded_german_killer_rudi_ap.php

THANK YOU for posting the youtube videos guys. xoxo

This is the Photobucket album with all the photos I sent the show to use--from the last photo taken when we were together as a family to baby pics:

http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/creamnsugarbath/library/Cindy Photos - Ricki Lake?sort=3&page=1

Well done Katie you are the real deal and I wish you could talk for hours because you have so much to give others by sharing your story of losing Cindy and inspirational message of hope that while life will never be the same one can find a way out of the darkness into the light.

:seeya: DT

I feel the need to call you Kathy in this thread because that's who you are, Kathy. Cindy's devoted sister and champion in life and beyond. You appeared strong, yet I would venture to guess it only brought up raw emotion especially giving the interview during this time of pouring your heart and emotions out to the Alexander family.

You were wonderful! Beautiful! Emotional! and most of all you were there for your sister and family.

Personally, I hope to never imagine the grief you and so many have suffered at the hands of evil taking your loved one.

Your effervescent light shown brightly in the interview.

Continued strength to you, Alfonzo and your family.

I could have listened to you for hours myself as I really appreciated hearing you speak of your beautiful sister's murder. You were so poised on the show - I hope you have many other opportunities to tell your story and appear where others can have the privilege of seeing you. We love you here in Phoenix, but you could easily go far, KCL (aka Kathy).

Great job, my dear, looking forward to reading more from you on here during the remaining days of the Arias trial as well. :)

There's a show screening in the UK on Thursday evening (9pm GMT) that I gave a heads up to KCL about.
It is a Cutting Edge documentary called 'The Murder Workers' and will feature Victim Advocates and the wonderful work they do for the families of homicide victims.
You can catch it on Channel 4 via the following link :
http://www.superusvoxtv.com/index.php/en/live-tv/video/channel-4

ETA More info on the show is at this link : http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-murder-workers

A reminder for anyone wanting to watch this show. It starts in 35 minutes.

I had just taken a half hour to compose myself after listening to Steven and Samantha give their victim statements.

After watching that documentary I am blubbing away again. That show was an excellent insight into the devastation a murder can be to so many people.

RIP all the victims of senseless murders.

Thank you Katie for your courage to appear on Ricki's show. God bless you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back