RIP-Actor Gary Coleman has passed away 28 May 2010

From same article:

"I wholeheartedly believe there was foul play here," said Mial. "There are criminal intentions relative to Gary’s death."

We're not sure why, but something tells us he is looking to Shannon Price.

“The picture that Shannon took in the hospital is much worse than people can see,” said Mial referencing pictures of Gary at his worst. "There is nothing covert about her behavior and how she has handled this.”

I tend to believe him. My mother (bless her soul) passed away in 2006 and was in ICU for quite some time. Never in my wildest dreams would I take a photo, nor would my family. It's what you DON'T do -- it's called giving the ill and dying some DIGNITY.

Dam - I just want to cry.

Mel

Umm-they divorced in 2008. Unless she was awarded a portion of his assets at the time of the divorce, she wont receive any pension. Is Utah a community property state? Actually it probably wont matter even if it is-she signed some kind of divorce decree. That is what the media needs to get their hands on. It should be public records.

'cause here we go:
http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/10/gary-coleman-shannon-price-death-challenge-probate-estate/

She is claiming common law status and attempting to file a handwritten will that makes her sole executor and beneficiary of Gary's estate. The hand written will is dated 2007-the one filed by his current administrator was dated 2006.

We know this will be litigated and she will be paid a certain amount of money to go away, but two things are working against her:

1.) They divorced. Presumably there is evidence of the divorce decree they signed at a courthouse somewhere. And it will be more current then either will, one of which has not been authenticated.

2.) Utah may recognize common law, but you have to file for status either at the time or within a year of the separation.

In the interim, this puts the financial gain motive squarely on her side on the tally sheet...not good. Why is she working so hard to gain control of his body?

The pension is interesting-she claims to be the beneficiary. You-all called this...

Gary's Heath Care Proxy indicated that he wanted his life PROLONGED. In other words, he WANTED heroic measures.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/14/gary-coleman-life-support-pull-the-plug-shannon-price/

She filed these in court today with a simple statement that she felt "forced" to pull the plug.

Uh huh.

This is so scary, that you can have a living will, but an EX-spouse can make the decision to pull the plug after such a short time. What good does it do to have a living will asking to continue support for a while, and then this is alllowed to happen. It seems like she wanted him dead quickly. My opinion.

This is so scary, that you can have a living will, but an EX-spouse can make the decision to pull the plug after such a short time. What good does it do to have a living will asking to continue support for a while, and then this is alllowed to happen. It seems like she wanted him dead quickly. My opinion.

His ACD (advanced care directive) stated he wanted to be maintained in the coma for 15 days. The wiggle room for the hospital is that he included the statement regarding the person named as having POA over the decision...absolute essentially.

So while some might view this as her taking an opportunity to pull the plug, there may be no legal recourse against the hospital.

Against her is another matter. If I were her I would drop every attempt at getting anything and run...because someone could initiate a civil suit against her for wrongful death I would think.

Let me say I have seen the reverse many times-I have seen people being unable to honor the Heath Care Proxy and prolonging life instead of ending care....but boy howdy, this case here seems pretty egregious.

I recommend watching "Autopsy, the Last Hours of...",it does a pretty decent analysis of Gary's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back