RIP Elizabeth Edwards cancer returns. UPDATE- Passed away 12-7-10

According to their website, it says "Westboro Baptist Church will picket a respectful distance from the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards....."

Yeah. A respectful distance would be in Alaska.

:mad:

RIP ELIZABETH - today is her funeral :angel::angel::angel:

There are 2 young children who lost their Mother. They dont need to see horrible signs.
I hope the Patriot motorcycle people come.....they are :angel::angel:
The Westboro people are not Christians, it goes against everything in Christian beliefs.

Let people have a dignified, peaceful funeral. It is one of the last things on Earth that you can do for one.
What in the world did Elizabeth do to deserve this? I admire her. She went thru ALOT and still stayed dignified.

Their followers are all family. We live about an hour away from these nutballs. They show up at everything ... from funerals to college graduations. What's really sad is their children are being taught to hate. It's child abuse, IMO.

It's too bad they've got a tax-exempt status. I know a couple of the kids are attorneys. We see them all the time on our news. What needs to happen is the media needs to quit covering what they do. If they show up, everyone needs to ignore them. I know this is easier said than done, but they thrive on publicity. I love it when thousands of people show up at these funerals and basically block the Phelps clan from spewing their garbage, but what needs to happen is not one single word about these sickos needs to be in any of the media outlets.

We were coming back from a college graduation in Lawrence, and there were a bunch of them with their hate-filled signs. They were waving their signs and saying things. We just continued our conversations and acted as if they didn't exist. They want us to be shocked, but we don't give them the pleasure of doing this to us.

RIP, Elizabeth.

They exist because they are not stopped: :furious:
For our government to give them a tax exempt is, STUPID :loser:
In addition, many churches receive money from the government :loser:

I sure hope the kids never see them around the funeral.
RIP EE

God Bless the children she left behind. :angel:

My daughter's law school is right across from the funeral today. She said she was going to have a hard time getting to class with all the press, protestors, etc.

I pray the family will have a peaceful funeral. I have a lot of respect for Elizabeth Edwards. She has really touched a place in my heart.

More than 1,200 at Edwards funeral; protest fizzles

---snipped---

"Raleigh, North Carolina (CNN) -- As mourners gather to commemorate the life of Elizabeth Edwards on Saturday afternoon, picketers from a Kansas-based church -- along with counter-protesters -- could change the mood outside the funeral.

Edwards, the estranged wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, died Tuesday after a lengthy battle with breast cancer. She was 61."

ETA "In the end, only five Westboro congregants showed for the protest, which took place in a cold, steady rain."

more @ link + video

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/11/edwards.funeral/index.html?hpt=C1

"In a September interview on "The Nate Berkus Show," Edwards was asked what she sees when she looks at her estranged husband, John Edwards.

"I see the father of my children, and that's very important to me," she said. "Particularly since I have a terminal disease, this is the person who at some point will take over the primary parenting, and it's important to me that he heal, if he needs to.""

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/11/edwards.funeral/index.html?on.cnn=1

Bless you, Elizabeth, for your courage, compassion and love. Rest in Peace. :rose:

"In a September interview on "The Nate Berkus Show," Edwards was asked what she sees when she looks at her estranged husband, John Edwards.

"I see the father of my children, and that's very important to me," she said. "Particularly since I have a terminal disease, this is the person who at some point will take over the primary parenting, and it's important to me that he heal, if he needs to.""

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/11/edwards.funeral/index.html?on.cnn=1

Bless you, Elizabeth, for your courage, compassion and love. Rest in Peace. :rose:
THANK YOU panthera this is a beautiful thought BBM. and worth repeating.
Said by Elizabeth about her husband.
"I see the father of my children, and that's very important to me, Particularly since I have a terminal disease,
this is the person who at some point will take over the primary parenting, and it's important to me
that he heal, if he needs to" :beats:
indeed bless you EE for your compassion and courage.

They exist because they are not stopped: :furious:
For our government to give them a tax exempt is, STUPID :loser:
In addition, many churches receive money from the government :loser:

I sure hope the kids never see them around the funeral.
RIP EE

God Bless the children she left behind. :angel:

I completely agree with you. It's sad that these freaks are able to do what they do.:furious:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/1211/Westboro-picketers-outnumbered-at-Elizabeth-Edwards-funeral

Westboro picketers outnumbered at Elizabeth Edwards funeral

Members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church picketed the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards in Raleigh, N.C. Saturday. But they were vastly outnumbered by a “human buffer” of people who quietly stood in the rain singing Christmas carols and carrying signs reading “God loves Elizabeth Edwards” or simply “Grace” and “Hope.”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

Elizabeth Edwards' Oldest Daughter Eulogizes Mom at Funeral

>>>>SNIPS

"She has been a light house to all of us. She's always been that source of light to us.
Every lesson she has taught us has become part of our ethic,"

the Edwards family said in a statement.

"Today we have lost the comfort of Elizabeth's presence, but she remains the heart of this family,"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...st-daughter-eulogizes-mom-at-funeral-20101112

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back