Ripper, Borden, Zodiac...

santos1014

Nana to Madelynn and Ethan
Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
I was going through my boxes of books that I own last night. I came across some very old crimes and wondered the opinion of the great minds here at WS. A few that continue to hold my interest...

Jack the ripper
Lizzie Borden
Zodiac

Any others that interest anyone?

I welcome any and all ideas, thoughts...heck, go ahead and solve them.. :)

The case of Lizzie Borden has been one that has fascinated me for quite a long time. I've seen many documentaries on the subject and I still cannot decide if Lizzie is the one who actually killed her parents or not. I do suspect that there is enough reasonable doubt - at least all these years later - that she did. The "investigation" was handled very poorly, by today's standards, and unfortunately that is the greatest drawback to figuring out some of these crimes after so much time has passed.

I do suspect that the housekeeper, Bridget, had ample motive and opportunity.

Lizzie Bordon and the Ripper have always held a fascination for me since I was a kid. I have toyed with the idea of going and staying a night at the Bordon house. Anyone know if it's still open as a bed and breakfest type thing? I think it was once.

I also have a fascination with the Borden case. I just read Arnold Brown's book and his theory about the murder. I think it was Lizzie who committed the murder. Brown's theory is that William Borden committed the murders. William was Andrew Borden's illegitimate son.

I've gone back and forth on the Borden case, but I think Lizzie did it.

Zodiac and Ripper? I have no idea. None. Every theory I read, I think "Yeah, that's it!" :)

The Borden case has my interest. I believe Lizzy killed her parents. Jack the Ripper? I have a slight interest in that one.. No interest for the Zodiac killer.. The Black Daliah (sp?) is another one that has some of my interest.

Curious1,
I think the bed and breakfast is still open. I would love to spend a night there!

I remember a TV movie long ago when I was a kid about Lizzie. It is vague to me now, but the main things I do remember were that Elizabeth Montgomery, Samantha on Bewitched, played Lizzie and that the movie portrayed her as the murderer, committing the crimes in the nude so that blood wouldn't get on any of her clothes. I also seem to remember them portraying her father as a brutal man and the weather was very hot. LOL Funny things that we remember as kids!

PaperDoll said:
The Borden case has my interest. I believe Lizzy killed her parents. Jack the Ripper? I have a slight interest in that one.. No interest for the Zodiac killer.. The Black Daliah (sp?) is another one that has some of my interest.
I find the Borden case interesting aswell......Ive found a site with a wealth of information and pics...makes for very interesting reading.
http://lizzieandrewborden.com/LBForum/index.php

santos1014 said:
I remember a TV movie long ago when I was a kid about Lizzie. It is vague to me now, but the main things I do remember were that Elizabeth Montgomery, Samantha on Bewitched, played Lizzie and that the movie portrayed her as the murderer, committing the crimes in the nude so that blood wouldn't get on any of her clothes. I also seem to remember them portraying her father as a brutal man and the weather was very hot. LOL Funny things that we remember as kids!
I remember this movie! I have a clear image of her naked legs walking upstairs after murdering her father.

I've read so much on the Zodiac it makes my head spin. It seems so solvable, you know? I mean, there is so much information. Maybe it is a case of too many suspects? On the other hand, it's scary to think that there are so many twisted people out there that they have that many suspects.

IrishMist, I also tend to believe every Ripper theory that comes out. I even bought that Patricia Cornwell book that came out a few years ago. Anybody see the movie From Hell (w/ Johnny Depp)? When I saw that movie I thought it seemed very plausible. I think maybe I'm movie gullible.

curious1 said:
Lizzie Bordon and the Ripper have always held a fascination for me since I was a kid. I have toyed with the idea of going and staying a night at the Bordon house. Anyone know if it's still open as a bed and breakfest type thing? I think it was once.
I was fascinated with it too, my cousin has a friend who works like right across the street from it or something, anyway she said it is still open. I don't think I would stay there.:chicken:

santos1014 said:
I seen that too, weird movie.

Mr. E said:
I remember this movie! I have a clear image of her naked legs walking upstairs after murdering her father.

I've read so much on the Zodiac it makes my head spin. It seems so solvable, you know? I mean, there is so much information. Maybe it is a case of too many suspects? On the other hand, it's scary to think that there are so many twisted people out there that they have that many suspects.

IrishMist, I also tend to believe every Ripper theory that comes out. I even bought that Patricia Cornwell book that came out a few years ago. Anybody see the movie From Hell (w/ Johnny Depp)? When I saw that movie I thought it seemed very plausible. I think maybe I'm movie gullible.
I think when I don't hold a strong opinion of my own, other people's opinions sway me in their direction. So I guess I'm theory gullible! :D

The Jack-the-Ripper case is my all-time favorite.....with the exception of Jonebenet Ramsey. Both cases share one thing in common: The list of possible suspects is quite long.

As for the Ripper case, I have read several good books, and have narrowed it down to 3 suspects, but it's just so hard to be sure.

Tristan, who are your three suspects?

Mr. E said:
that movie is based on one of the actual theories. Seems plausible, yes, if a royal had indeed had a child with a prostitute, and they were all silenced for having knowledge. Would explain why the killings stopped..all the witnessess had been eliminated. Far reach...sure, but, a very plausible theory.

Mr. E said:

Depp did a great job in that movie, but then he always does:) Cornwell's book was interesting but she was really "creative" with her facts, which I learned when I read the Ripperology site. My mind must love running in circles, because for the life of me I've spent too much time pondering the Ripper, Lizzie, JBR's case and am never 100% convinced of who the perp was. Of the three I just mentioned, I'm most certain of the Borden murders, I think Lizzie did it, downstairs and upstairs with the hacket from the basement.

I recall a documentary which showed exactly how Lizzie committed the murders. This documentary tested for blood in the Borden house, at the location of Father's killing, at the location of the step Mother's killing and at a location in the basement where they thought Lizzie would have washed the blood from herself. All these locations tested positive for extensive blood residue, even after the passage of so much time. Does anyone else remember seeing this documentary? It was fascinating.

(PS Lizzie is my cat. She's named after Lizzie Borden. She lives up to her name and I'm hoping her killer tendencies will disappear once she's spayed.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back