Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by bessie, Jul 31, 2014.

1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]
    Colleen McNamee, (l) found dead in Shirley on January 30, 1994 and Rita Tangredi (r) found dead in East Patchogue on November 2, 1993

Officials alleged that Bittrolff left the nude bodies “uniquely positioned,” and he is also being investigated in a third cold case of a woman found posed in a similar way.

Anyone with information about Rita Tangredi, Colleen McNamee or John Bittrolff, especially concerning their activities in the early 1990’s is asked to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.

See more at: http://morichesdaily.com/2014/07/co...y-cold-case-murders/#sthash.80j0OCDV.dpufRita
    [HR][/HR][​IMG]
    John Bittrolff, 48, of Manorville, was arrested on Monday, July 21, 2014, and faces charges of second-degree murder in connection with
    the beating and strangulation deaths of two women more than 20 years ago, police said.
    (Credit: SCPD
    )
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...1990s-murders-of-two-women-cops-say-1.8862420[HR][/HR]Cops: Manorville man charged in two cold case murders

Long Island Murder Suspect May Be Linked to Three Deaths, Say Officials

Wood chips bolster case against Long Island man accused in 20-year-old murders: prosecutors

Media Thread

Thread #1

2. Loading...

3. threelittlebirdies

threelittlebirdies New Member

4. cpaul

cpaul New Member

I thought I saw some where that it was transferred to him from her in 2003 and I thought that was odd. All info found online isn't always accurate though.

Edit: This is what I saw, she is shown as seller and the both of them as buyers...maybe something to do with an earlier law suit...I don't know.

Maybe she bought the lot and he built the house so it was in her name and then added him later?

http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-22-89-590-000-0003-041-002-0000/167_silas_carter

5. cpaul

cpaul New Member

1997 would be around the time that their first child was born.

6. LikeAHunter

LikeAHunter New Member

That could have been a way to add his name to the house. I'm thinking that if she had a mortgage in her name, then she would have sold the property and the couple would have bought it in order to include him on the mortgage and as a legal owner.

I'm thinking his wife has been something of a sugar mama in his life!

ETA: Somebody is paying for LI's top criminal attorney!

7. Jenny9

Jenny9 New Member

nope,nadda,nothing.ipassed by this morning about 9am and the outside light was on above front door.thats the only indication that someone mght possibly be there staying.other then that all is quiet in the neighborhood.

8. Jenny9

Jenny9 New Member

keanon is the best defense attorney on the island.

9. Jenny9

Jenny9 New Member

there is a black pick up truck in the backyard next to a shed.it has been in the same spot and has not moved.im sure this truck is not the one from the 90s but it isn't new either.it does look like a work truck.anyway I would think they would have takin it and gone over it with a finetooth comb to see if there is any dna from any unsolved murders.
    Fingers crossed they can come up with solid evidence of other crime scenes. Those wood chips had to come from somewhere

10. cpaul

cpaul New Member

She should get the property back in her name...quickly!

11. Emre E

Emre E Member

Reg the modsnipped word; I'm sorry, I agree it is unnecessary but I did not use that to insult Kim. I'm not the one to judge the victims or the families for anything they do/did. I just expressed my opinion that she is "safe" and as to how the contact may have been lost.

The point in my post is; there is a victim's sister who openly declared that she would try to make a bait out of herself and LE says they lost contact with her. Good job. That deserves a "bravo", if Kim turns up dead that is a medal worthy botch.

12. LindsayLohan6

LindsayLohan6 Former Member

So i guess in ten years when the next psycho freak starts chopping up girls on Long Island...Spota will be there to try and get him off.

13. Salsta

Salsta New Member

Hi all, i haven't seen this mentioned yet, (Modsnip)

14. Really?

Really? Well-Known Member

@Jenny9.....o/t
    I keep wanting to call you "jenny from the block".....lol......sorry.

Thanks for the updates!!

15. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

I would assume so. I'm sure that if LE is associating these woodchips with carpentry, they are pretty distinct. In other words, clearly not just chopped up pieces of logs, shavings you use for animal bedding, or the kind of chips you find in mulch. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they were small pieces of wood left over from sawing lumber. But who knows?

16. Just K

Just K New Member

Allison Jackson Foy Suspect Iannone and John Mike Bitrolff.jpg Please look at this post: Bittrolff and the suspect in the Wilmington, NC murder of Allison Jackson Foy (Originally from LI) could be described as look-a-likes!!!!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Victims-**MERGED**&p=10814203#post10814203
    composite.JPG

And note in this composite sketch of the supect:
    the pinched skin above the nose and between the eyebrows
    The LEFT EAR is more pronounced/bigger

Allison was new to Wilmington, troubled marriage and had started taking prescription drugs.
    She was from long Island. This says her father lives in Oyster Bay
    Found Deceased: Allison Jackson Foy - NC - 07/30/2006 - Page 3 ...
    projectjason.org › ... › Located Adults and Children
    Jul 30, 2006 - 20 posts - ‎3 authors
    ... friends and family in Long Island, N.Y., held a remembrance for her. ... including John R. Mazalewski of Oyster Bay, N.Y., whose daughter, ...

17. topratedsleuth

topratedsleuth New Member

It's an uncanny resemblance; look at the neck area in each, one almost looks like a photoshop of the other. I think if Bittrolff grew his beard out a little, the extra gray would make the resemblance even more acute.

18. LikeAHunter

LikeAHunter New Member

So I heard back from a friend of mine who is a research psychologist. I asked him about JB's wonk ear (recall the link I previously posted) and that weird wrinkle pattern on his head. Here's what my friend said:

Based on the fact that the weird area is around his forehead, I would venture to guess that JB has a prefrontal cortex abnormality.

See my previous posts for more info: #926, #980, #910

19. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

If you haven't read this book, you should. It's probably the most comprehensive work on the topic to date. I know it changed the way I view serial killers and habitual violent offenders. Where John Douglas is the"Mindhunter", Dr. Pincus is the "Brainhunter"

http://books.google.com/books?id=c_vlTkkvEI0C&pg=PA9&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false

http://neurology.georgetown.edu/faculty/pincus

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=130048

http://www.amazon.com/Base-Instincts-What-Makes-Killers/dp/0393323234

20. LikeAHunter

LikeAHunter New Member

Thanks!

I'd also recommend The Psychopath Inside, in which the neuroscientist author discovers that HE is a psychopath, and delves into both the genetic and environmental factors that lead to violence in psychopaths. Warning: the author's narcissism bleeds through his words, but the book is fascinating. Especially the discussion of genes that have been linked to violence.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1591846005?pc_redir=1406880960&robot_redir=1

This is a question I have struggles with for many years. I've seen psychopaths described as "people who aren't people." But can we blame them and punish them for something that they seemingly can't control? No doubt they should be locked up either way. But it's an interesting ethical conundrum, IMO.

21. LindsayLohan6

LindsayLohan6 Former Member

Has anyone found the NYC connection for Bittrolff?