NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

Maybe you should consider the people who didn't hire him and pay him money, he needs the referrals. I'm sure we all have the same postal carrier and know some of the same people. Doesn't make him the "mayor" nor a great guy. There are plenty of people who didn't like him, and some for very good reason. I hope you're not one of the "he just had sex with the victims, it doesn't prove anything" people.
more then obvious that the guy is guilty of these murders as per evidence.and like I said I didn't know him I only know some of his neighbors and friends and anyone I know say he was a great guy.doesnt make him innocent obviously but if you think about it why wouldn't he be "the nicest guy",he got away with murder for the past 20 something years so im sure he was happier then a pig in s###t!and no I don't think we know the same people because I have not heard anything negative about him from anyone who knows him.justy moo.

more then obvious that the guy is guilty of these murders as per evidence.and like I said I didn't know him I only know some of his neighbors and friends and anyone I know say he was a great guy.doesnt make him innocent obviously but if you think about it why wouldn't he be "the nicest guy",he got away with murder for the past 20 something years so im sure he was happier then a pig in s###t!and no I don't think we know the same people because I have not heard anything negative about him from anyone who knows him.justy moo.

I respect your opinion Jenny, the only reason I mentioned the town is because my opinion is that if someone who lived in the Mastic/Shirley area had something to hide and wanted to have a private life and live under the radar, Manorville would be the perfect place due to lack of any media reporting on any crime. It's an anything goes town. No one will say anything negative about the town or it's residents. It has been something I've felt for many years. The fact that the areas where bodies have been found have never even had a K-9 or intense police search is troublesome for me. When the fires were declared arson I thought about the possibility that the person dumping bodies might have gotten a bit nervous and was trying to destroy evidence. But what do I know?

The latest story about CB's body parts and the theory that those parts being dropped in certain people yards was some sort of a message could apply to so many of these dismemberment cases on LI. What if, some of the other dumped parts where left where they were as some sort of a message to keep quite. If that were true, then the CB case may be thread that unravels a few more cases. Her killer or killers could be part of a bigger real estate scam or crimminal group. It wouldn't surprise me if her accused killer had not been a prostitute or drug dealer when she was younger and was moved to this part of an organization when she aged out. Just another version of a well thought out old theory.

Bittrolff's also have a fb friend named <modsnip>...doubt it's a connection just sayin

Brand new story in today's New York Times. As per the story, "near the bodies were wood shavings", and "brain tissue was exposed" with each. Other than that, some good bio details about CM, including how relatives are still ticked off about how her name was "pulled through the muck by police and newspapers" when the murder occurred.

I totally agree, many in this town extremely dislike social media. I find the oddest people in town say they have no use for it. I've noticed (Maybe a coincidence), the people here who don't use it have the most secrets. This is a town with MANY secrets. 10 years ago the local news would camp out at the gas station and report on Hamptons traffic. Over time there have been bodies found, massive arson fires, break ins of vehicles and property, and nothing. No news or very little. I remember watching the news when the cops were searching Gilgo and wondering why they didn't do that here. There are a lot of law enforcement living here but no law. Remember this is the town Amy Fisher choose to hid out in when she got out of jail. There are no rules in Manorville and no one says a word.

See link for fires in that area in 2006

http://www.city-data.com/fire/fire-Manorville-New-York.html

Brand new story in today's New York Times. As per the story, "near the bodies were wood shavings", and "brain tissue was exposed" with each. Other than that, some good bio details about CM, including how relatives are still ticked off about how her name was "pulled through the muck by police and newspapers" when the murder occurred.

This part of the article jumped out at me:
"Before her death, Ms. McNamee had been receiving outpatient treatment for drug addiction"

It takes us back to the outreach program for drugs/prostitution angle we have explored with Visions.

Another possibility, JB could have been in drug treatment himself all these years.

No other DNA found on the bodies according to this:

Biancavilla said the DNA recovered from both 20-year-old crime scenes were found to be from the same single, male source. There was &#8220;no mix,&#8221; said Biancavilla, meaning there was only one source of DNA evidence recovered from the bodies. He also said the single source is that of Bittrolff. The probability of one person&#8217;s DNA matching both would be 1 in 81.6 quintillion, he added.
http://www.longislandadvance.net/articles/2014/08/07/DNA-nails-suspect

Something struck me again about Melissa's sister being called a half-breed. This is a term that usually only applies to people of part Native American descent. Now Bittrolff grew up just up the road from the poospatuck reservation. I'm sure as kid growing up in Mastic right by the reservation this insult was most likely used very regularly. In fact, I would bet this is the only location on all of long island where a white kid would grow up calling other kids of mixed race "Half-Breed". I STRONGLY SUGGEST the call to Melissa's sister where the SK called her a half-breed was made by someone who grew up around the poospatuck reservation in Mastic Beach.

:tmi:

btw, most of the residents of poospatuck are partly african-american. Old habits die hard. This is a phrase the SK picked up at a young age.

I really think you're on to something there with the choice of racist slur used by the SK, LiLo.

The only thing the term "half-breed" says to me is that LISK is probably older than most profilers believe him to be. Honestly, I can't imagine a phrase life that coming out of the mouth of someone under 50.

ETA: Then again, I can't imagine someone in their 40's saying that the murders of 4 women was "mean", so what do I know? :dunno:

This part of the article jumped out at me:
"Before her death, Ms. McNamee had been receiving outpatient treatment for drug addiction"

It takes us back to the outreach program for drugs/prostitution angle we have explored with Visions.

Another possibility, JB could have been in drug treatment himself all these years.

Totally possible. Also possible he knew areas around drug treatment centers were good places to troll for vulnerable people who would make easy victims. :(

The only thing the term "half-breed" says to me is that LISK is probably older than most profilers believe him to be. Honestly, I can't imagine a phrase life that coming out of the mouth of someone under 50.

ETA: Then again, I can't imagine someone in their 40's saying that the murders of 4 women was "mean", so what do I know? :dunno:

I'm 50,and grew up and lived in the Babylon area my whole life, and growing up the term half breed was pretty popular, especially as a term of endearment to our partially "Spanish" friends.

I grew up in Babylon area and ive never used the term once. Go figure.

I agree about the profile being off on the low side. Late 40's early 50's is where I would guess he would be today. I've seen where the average first kill for serial killers is around 28. There's a lot about this guy that would make him a good candidate for the other murders. age, race, opportunity, location, nice guy, nondescript, and the big one, killed more than one young white sex worker with a cooling off period in between. I'll hold off for now but I'm about ready to declare that I will be surprised if this is not the guy.

Is that a horse corral directly behind his house? sure looks like one, maybe his neighbors.

Totally possible. Also possible he knew areas around drug treatment centers were good places to troll for vulnerable people who would make easy victims. :(

Every one of them were in drug rehab. Maybe he was a long time member of the rehab center who volunteered to coach the newer members. Like AA has older members sponsor new members as a sober coach so to speak.

This on McNamee:

An outpatient at South Shore Treatment Center in Islandia, she was last seen getting into a small blue car in front of the Blue Dawn Diner, which has since closed. The car drove east on Veterans Memorial Highway.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/victims-families-never-gave-up-hope-1.8868689

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back