Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it.. brother arrested, officials syid a family members DNA matched, found out it was jb through process of elimination and later confirmation

Thank God for the law that requires all arrestees to give DNA. Without that law, and without the brother getting arrested, they never would have gotten the DNA. Spota cited that law as helping them arrest this guy.

Not going to comment on whether he knew victims or just picked them up... brother was convicted of whatever he was arrested for... had jbs DNA on file prior to bros arrest? Third possible victim

From press conference: brother was arrested for assault and criminal contempt. Didn't catch the date for that arrest. He won't say how he got the suspect's DNA other than that it was collected because of the brother's arrest.

Brother owned (or worked for) Bittro Custom Painting in Shirley. (Mods...hopefully I can post this. The brother was named and was charged with assault.)

Brother owned (or worked for) Bittro Custom Painting in Shirley. (Mods...hopefully I can post this. The brother was named and was charged with assault.)

There is a social media page that allegedly belongs to someone with this name who claims to own this company.

I don't know who's more worthless, Spota or those reporters. How does Spota know there's no link to Gilgo? What has JB been doing in his spare time for the last 20 years?

I don't know who's more worthless, Spota or those reporters. How does Spota know there's no link to Gilgo? What has JB been doing in his spare time for the last 20 years?

In a NY Post article that I linked a few pages back, there was something in the article where LE stated there were "remarkable dissimilarities" between Rita and Colleen and the others. I don't know what that means, but hopefully they'll explain more. I'm not sure I believe it either, but that's what they're saying at the moment. Rita and Colleen certainly match the physical attributes of most of the other women found. I hope they release the info of how they were found. They did state that the bodies of Rita and Colleen were posed in the same way.

Not sure why Spota felt the need to play dumb when a reporter asked him what, after 20+ years, made LE suspect the brother in the first place. Sure seemed like a straight forward question to me...and one I wish he'd have answered.

Call me crazy but a killer of prostitutes living in another killers dumping ground (manorville) that is connected to a possible third killers dumping ground (ocean parkway) sounds very far fetched to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a NY Post article that I linked a few pages back, there was something in the article where LE stated there were "remarkable dissimilarities" between Rita and Colleen and the others. I don't know what that means, but hopefully they'll explain more. I'm not sure I believe it either, but that's what they're saying at the moment. Rita and Colleen certainly match the physical attributes of most of the other women found. I hope they release the info of how they were found. They did state that the bodies of Rita and Colleen were posed in the same way.

See? You just don't strike a pose with only 2 strangled and blunt force prostitute murder victims and just stop there. He kept going like the Energizer Bunny.

Not sure why Spota felt the need to play dumb when a reporter asked him what, after 20+ years, made LE suspect the brother in the first place. Sure seemed like a straight forward question to me...and one I wish he'd have answered.

That's where he said "suspicious of what?", right? But, unless I'm not understanding something here, LE wasn't suspicious of JB about anything, and had probably given up long ago on these cold cases - JB was nabbed because his brother was arrested, his brother's DNA was a familial match to the DNA taken from the corpses 20 years ago, LE asked the brother "hey, you have any relatives living nearby?", and JB's DNA was the exact match. So - dumb luck, that's how LE scored.

Do we know if they gathered DNA evidence from the other Manorville victims? The GB4? If they did, then that should be one way to figure out if he's the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288