Roberta D. Strasbaugh Unsolved Case 1985

trmigr0

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone ever looked into or heard of this girl's murder in 1985? Body found in Lewis County Washington. I would like to start a discussion if you have.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Has anyone ever looked into or heard of this girl's murder in 1985? Body found in Lewis County Washington. I would like to start a discussion if you have.

Thanks!
Contact me. She was mother

Last edited:
Strasbaugh12 so sorry to read about your mom..

Putting some info and MSM links here so thread is not deleted

Roberta D. Strasbaugh, 18, was found October 18, 1985 on the north side of Lincoln Creek Road at its junction with Manner’s Road, about three weeks after her truck ran out of gas along Old Highway 99 in Lewis County, Washington State.

https://cdn5.creativecirclemedia.com/lafromboise/files/20201209-133804-2017-02-07.pdf

Prosecutor: Green River Killer Likely Not to Blame for Five Unsolved Lewis County Murders

@Strasbaugh12 , welcome to Websleuths; so very sorry about the circumstances.

Please consider becoming a Verified Insider for this thread:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Also, consider clicking Report inside your post, and asking the Moderator to add the date & location of the disappearance (or location of the remains) to the thread title.

Lewis County Sirens.com

Roberta D. Strasbaugh, 18, was found October 18, 1985 on the north side of Lincoln Creek Road at its junction with Manner’s Road, about three weeks after her truck ran out of gas along Old Highway 99.

jmho ymmv lrr

This is all stuff I already knew. I'm 38 now and it's still an ongoing case I'm just confused as to why someone wants to have a discussion about it

She was my mother
I went to school with her for a short time in Centralia. We were not super close- but friends. She had an amazing smile. I think about her murder nearly every day. I did not know she had a child until I read her obituary recently. I'm very interested in investigating her case.

This is all stuff I already knew. I'm 38 now and it's still an ongoing case I'm just confused as to why someone wants to have a discussion about it
I think about her probably weekly. Not that I was a super great friend with her. We had a friendship in school when she was at Centralia. But for some reason, her case sticks with me. I was 16 or 17, working at a nursing home in Centralia when she went missing. It was the first time I had experienced that kind of crime. I remember the ladies I worked with whispering about a home that was right behind the nursing home. An older man lived there and there was rumor that some girls' clothes and/or blood had been found in his vehicle. Maybe he was a suspect? I can't recall. I could not imagine how it may have been related. But now that I understand the connection to her parents' owning the Red Barn Restaurant- I can see where it may have been a patron from the restaurant. My mom frequented the Red Barn. It was known during those years as a 'Honky Tonk' with lots of drunken partying and dancing. It was a place to hook-up. And it was a place where truck drivers stopped for the night along I-5. I believe I read that Roberta 'Dee' worked there? I read a book once by Robert Scott, who was a detective investigating a different murder. He looked into this murder because of some similarities. The book is called Blood Frenzy. Copyright 2010. I read it because I have always wondered about Dee's case.

I'd like to get one of my favorite podcasts involved. Crime Junkie with Ashley Flowers? Shes a very good investigator.

Quite honestly, I stumbled upon her unsolved death in reading about the Green River Killer, along with a few other women whose deaths were unsolved. I just felt really sad and bothered that these women's murders have never been solved and wanted to bring light to her case. That is the whole reason. Last year, when I had more time, I was researching her and the other women (there was about 4 women who were killed around the same time frame in similar geographic areas), but since then have not had time to keep working on anything. I found very little on your mother upon an internet search, so I wanted to open a forum in case anyone else in the world cared about this.

I am sorry for the families loss and pray that her case is solved. My heart goes out to all the women who have been forgotten in justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back