:( Robin Williams found dead inside his home

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by LietKynes, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

His pocket knife was beside him and he had slits on his wrist. Evidently cutting his wrists didn't work or was too painful so he resorted to hanging himself.

2. JDB

JDB Tybee you will never be forgotten

I heard today Robin had suffered from survivors guilt for years .He lost the 3 closes friends he had in show biz and could not understand why he outlived them. Jim Belushi who Robin snorted Coke with the night he died Andy Kauffman and Christopher a Reeves who he went to college with .
    Depression is an ugly disease he also just had a movie bomb and the TV show Crazy ones cancelled . The disease kill Robin and I pray if any of us our fighting this get help plz . Or if you know anyone help them.
    If it can kill a man that seemed to have everything just think what it can do to us ?

RIP Robin Nanu Nanu & Shazbot

3. EvilSoup

EvilSoup Former Member

Wow. So Robin is not a victim?

Depression is so evil,and so strong and very misunderstood because nobody sees the sufferers as victims and rather, blame them.

It looks like people who struggle will have to continue to.

Eta: re-read.....OP said "a" victim, not "the" victim. I apologize.

4. Suthrnqt

Suthrnqt Verified Luddite

Of course he is. But to be fair, I was responding to Steely's post. And I don't believe I was assigning blame, but stating, from my experience, that the surviving family members are also victims. As one who suffers from major depression, anxiety disorder and many other diseases that I don't care to share here, I understand all too well the complexities involved.

5. What'sThatClue

What'sThatClue Active Member

It was John Belushi, not Jim (James). James was John's little brother and an actor in his own right and is still alive. Sorry to correct you.

yes, Robin had tragedies in his life and lost several dear to him.

6. gramcracker

gramcracker Indentured Cat Servant

I caught just the end of a tribute that someone was quoting on TV so I don't know who said it:

" ... he was a bleeder in a world of sharp edges"

7. EvilSoup

EvilSoup Former Member

What a poetic way to describe some of the loveliest people I have ever known.

8. ahi

ahi Active Member

The poster addressed the knife too. The pocketknife was closed. The PR said the scratches were superficial. They weren't life threatening wounds/slashes.

I apologize if what I posted upset you in any way. I'm not trying to upset anyone or make anyone believe something they don't want to believe. For me.. for now, this theory is one I can't rule out. Now, if the new rumblings of a note are really true... then the theory is blown.

9. SophieRose

SophieRose Well-Known Member

It was reported that he was unhappy about doing the Mrs. Doubtfire sequel (doing it just for money) or doing any sequels for that matter.

10. kato

kato Active Member

Thank you for the offer. I will keep that in mind.

11. SophieRose

From 1991 Rolling Stone article, about his 2nd ex-wife Marsha:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/robin-williams-fears-of-a-clown-20140811?page=4

As the limo passes through Central Park, Marsha is asked if it's true she saved her husband's life. She laughs, having heard this one before. "I'm not a believer that people save each other," she says, "any more than I'm a believer that one person can steal a person from someone else. He needed stability. I think most people need one person in their life that they know they can rely upon. I'm Robin's safety net. He knows I'm strong."

Williams, she says, also knows one other thing: "He knows I'm not interested in a relationship where he can do whatever he wants and I'm there for him. Everybody needs boundaries. They need to know what's allowed and what's not allowed."

12. MissJ

MissJ New Member

My hubby never leaves the house without checking to see if I'm still breathing. I have health issues. He also comes into my room at night to check. We do not sleep in the same room. Never have. I have several sleep disorders. JMO

13. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

BBM

He doesn't have a large insurance policy on you does he! :eek:

14. SnoopyDawgDawg

SnoopyDawgDawg Verified Beagle

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-financial-problems-report-article-1.1900580

Could just be a slip of the tongue, but that slip sure sounds like there was a note (despite what so-called media like TMZ has reported). Maybe there's been more recent official confirmation/denial regarding a note, I dunno, but erotic asphyxiation would not involve a suicide note.

15. SnoopyDawgDawg

SnoopyDawgDawg Verified Beagle

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-financial-problems-report-article-1.1900580

"the note, or a note"

Could just be a slip of the tongue, but that slip sure sounds like there was a note (despite what so-called media like TMZ has reported). Maybe there's been more recent official confirmation/denial regarding a note, I dunno, but erotic asphyxiation would not involve a suicide note.

16. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

so many times I have heard people refer to that as 'the other woman' (addictions etc)

17. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

I caught that too and I think he did slip and tried to cover by saying "or a note". I believe he left a note of some sort.

18. SophieRose

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...-resented-having-to-do-new-Mrs-Doubtfire.html

But according to his neighbour and friend of over a decade, he no longer wanted to work on films as he felt they were not conducive to his mental well-being.

"Robin had promised himself he would not do any more as he invested so much in his roles that it left him drained and particularly vulnerable to depressive episodes,” the friend told the paper.

"He signed up to do them purely out of necessity. He wasn’t poor, but the money wasn’t rolling in any more and life is expensive when you have to pay off two ex-wives and have a family to support..”

19. FruitTingles

FruitTingles Well-Known Member

Bless him.

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattle/Williams-quietly-helped-local-food-bank-270988651.html

20. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

A photo friend of mine took of Robin Williams on the set of "What Dreams May Come", in Montana.
    Great movie, beautiful picture, beautiful person. RIP Robin Williams [​IMG]

Robin and Koko, this made me bawl.
    Koko the Gorilla with Robin Williams.mp4: http://youtu.be/GorgFtCqPEs

All posts are MOO