Ron and Misty Have Brushes With The Law 12/30/09

If you are going to call 911 for help, answer all their question. To me if you don't want to give your name, you have got something to hide and you don't want to be involved. When you make that call, you ARE involved. All the more so to answer the questions if you have a child/children in your car/truck. I also heard Misty say"never Mind" and Ronald in the back ground. Reminded me of the night in Feb.2009.

Do we know if this CJ is or has been married and if his spouse is a nurse? Same question for the Chad that lives near the Mondex. TIA
A curious mind wants to know...

I was on the scanner when this call came in. LE did not refuse to help Misty and Ron. In fact after Misty disconnected when she and Ron both said never mind the units continued in. LEOS were in fact in close contact with two different back operators and the dispatcher and were getting clear directions as to location from CJ. The problem is they changed directions . The way PC is divided up into districts determines which officers respond. Depending on their location it could mean a few minutes response but they were all on Bolo moving from their locations to try to find the individuals. Misty and Ron were not denied help. Misty wanted them to get Charles, according to the tape and the dispatcher simply said we can't do anything unless we catch him driving reckless. Both she and Ron said never mind. If Ron and Misty had just stopped at a location that was safe Officers would have gone directly to them as they did with Charles. Instead they left and went to 4th Avenue. Even then, LE went to them on 4th for followup investigation. And they weren't summoned there by Ron and Misty because on the scanner LEO had to call in to determine the type of truck and asked does he still live at the same location. So LEO took it upon themselves to go there for a followup investigation even though Misty and Ron refused to identify themselves. IMO no one denied them anything.

And tying dispatchers and LEO up on this nonsense could have delayed response to a much more serious incident or medical emergency where minutes counted. Charles Jones gave his name. And then continued to give dispatch valuable information about their location. Misty refused to give her name in doing so the dispatcher was forced to explain the law to her and thus was not getting the same vital information and cooperation Charles was relaying.

During the course of this call 4 police officers including a Sgt. were tied up chasing a cat and mouse game. Two Dispatchers and maybe 3. And, also during this time frame there was a call for a domestic/knifing and a lost 15 year old missing autistic child. IMO LEO was forced to deploy an excess of manpower to stop this before someone got hurt, those in the 2 vehicles and possibly someone who could have innocently gotten in the way, a pedestrian or another motor vehicle.

I do not believe those 911 tapes are complete either. I believe there is more. And, Ron and Misty's names were never given out over the scanner yet Charles Jones was. So if anything dispatch gave them greater privacy and protection by not broadcasting their names.

The dispatcher working with CJ was also stern when he stated he was going to stop and fight with Ron. That is their job to try to stop the situation from escalating. It is not easy when you have parties who just want to fight or continue to escalate a situation.

Having been on this call on the scanner and now hearing the dispatch tapes I see no difference in the way either party received emergency response.

Also noted here is where are the two children Misty spoke about who were said to be in the vehicle. Not on the police report? A vehicle that only has 3 seat belts with 4 people within in?

The investigation continued into the night and in fact Ronald called the next night asking to speak to an officer. So no, Ron and Misty were not denied anything. MOO

BTW, earlier I had said we can't post CJ's name, but that was before more information was released from LE and the media. Just wanted to clear that it is okay now. I think most of you figured that out already.

Thanks for all you do in scannerland, Grandmaj!!! Great post!!

Under the circumstances I can understand Misty's response. HaLeigh's abduction has become a high profile case and Ron and Misty's actions are definitely sought by the media for the public consumption and another police report involving the two is bad publicity. The argument that Misty knowingly put children in danger because she refused to give her name to 911 dispatch is weak in my opinion. Misty did not know that CJ was in possession of a gun and intended to use it on Ron did she? Didn't CJ state that he had pulled over many times to allow Ron to catch up to him and LE to find him? It did not sound like Ron was in hot pursuit to me. I think the finger pointing needs to stop and wait for the facts to be revealed. If there is one thing I have learned over these 10 months; it is not to believe everything you read and hear.

Even CJ suggested he knew how PCSO works and his concern for his possible arrest if he shoots Ron. So it appears to me that Misty is also aware of PCSO ways.
Now in my opinion CJ is the only one who mentions a gun and the intent to use one and if the 911 dispatcher had not taken the call seriously it would of lead to an incident and liability. The fact that Misty called first and attempted to get LE to respond with no success does not indicate to me child endangerment in fact it suggest just the opposite. I would suggest we demand CJ's arrest for terroristic threats caught on tape and admitted to vehicular assault.
CJ stated he did not see anyone else in the truck aside from Ron and Misty claims she and 2 children are in the vehicle that Ron is driving and the police report mentions no children. So who are we really going to accuse of endangering a child?

Those children were at risk because Ronald was engaging in a pssing match with another person in vehicles going at high speeds, with a reported gun in HIS possession, and an admitted gun in the other guy's possession. The risk has nothing to do with Misty refusing to give her name. Misty refused because she didn't want "them" to pick them apart later.

I was on the scanner when this call came in. LE did not refuse to help Misty and Ron. In fact after Misty disconnected when she and Ron both said never mind the units continued in. LEOS were in fact in close contact with two different back operators and the dispatcher and were getting clear directions as to location from CJ. The problem is they changed directions . The way PC is divided up into districts determines which officers respond. Depending on their location it could mean a few minutes response but they were all on Bolo moving from their locations to try to find the individuals. Misty and Ron were not denied help. Misty wanted them to get Charles, according to the tape and the dispatcher simply said we can't do anything unless we catch him driving reckless. Both she and Ron said never mind. If Ron and Misty had just stopped at a location that was safe Officers would have gone directly to them as they did with Charles. Instead they left and went to 4th Avenue. Even then, LE went to them on 4th for followup investigation. And they weren't summoned there by Ron and Misty because on the scanner LEO had to call in to determine the type of truck and asked does he still live at the same location. So LEO took it upon themselves to go there for a followup investigation even though Misty and Ron refused to identify themselves. IMO no one denied them anything.

And tying dispatchers and LEO up on this nonsense could have delayed response to a much more serious incident or medical emergency where minutes counted. Charles Jones gave his name. And then continued to give dispatch valuable information about their location. Misty refused to give her name in doing so the dispatcher was forced to explain the law to her and thus was not getting the same vital information and cooperation Charles was relaying.

During the course of this call 4 police officers including a Sgt. were tied up chasing a cat and mouse game. Two Dispatchers and maybe 3. And, also during this time frame there was a call for a domestic/knifing and a lost 15 year old missing autistic child. IMO LEO was forced to deploy an excess of manpower to stop this before someone got hurt, those in the 2 vehicles and possibly someone who could have innocently gotten in the way, a pedestrian or another motor vehicle.

I do not believe those 911 tapes are complete either. I believe there is more. And, Ron and Misty's names were never given out over the scanner yet Charles Jones was. So if anything dispatch gave them greater privacy and protection by not broadcasting their names.

The dispatcher working with CJ was also stern when he stated he was going to stop and fight with Ron. That is their job to try to stop the situation from escalating. It is not easy when you have parties who just want to fight or continue to escalate a situation.

Having been on this call on the scanner and now hearing the dispatch tapes I see no difference in the way either party received emergency response.

Also noted here is where are the two children Misty spoke about who were said to be in the vehicle. Not on the police report? A vehicle that only has 3 seat belts with 4 people within in?

The investigation continued into the night and in fact Ronald called the next night asking to speak to an officer. So no, Ron and Misty were not denied anything. MOO

Thank you so much for the recap.
I know when I hear things over the scanner I get more info and it makes more sense...after the scanner whizzes break down the codes that is. LOL. I also agree that CJ didn't get any special treatment. He just happen to co-operate with the 911 operator, where Misty did not and hung up. For all we know they may of called Misty back on a private line for follow up after she hung up.

Do we know what Ron called about the next day?

Under the circumstances I can understand Misty's response. HaLeigh's abduction has become a high profile case and Ron and Misty's actions are definitely sought by the media for the public consumption and another police report involving the two is bad publicity. The argument that Misty knowingly put children in danger because she refused to give her name to 911 dispatch is weak in my opinion. Misty did not know that CJ was in possession of a gun and intended to use it on Ron did she? Didn't CJ state that he had pulled over many times to allow Ron to catch up to him and LE to find him? It did not sound like Ron was in hot pursuit to me. I think the finger pointing needs to stop and wait for the facts to be revealed. If there is one thing I have learned over these 10 months; it is not to believe everything you read and hear.

Even CJ suggested he knew how PCSO works and his concern for his possible arrest if he shoots Ron. So it appears to me that Misty is also aware of PCSO ways.
Now in my opinion CJ is the only one who mentions a gun and the intent to use one and if the 911 dispatcher had not taken the call seriously it would of lead to an incident and liability. The fact that Misty called first and attempted to get LE to respond with no success does not indicate to me child endangerment in fact it suggest just the opposite. I would suggest we demand CJ's arrest for terroristic threats caught on tape and admitted to vehicular assault.
CJ stated he did not see anyone else in the truck aside from Ron and Misty claims she and 2 children are in the vehicle that Ron is driving and the police report mentions no children. So who are we really going to accuse of endangering a child?

Did you listen to the same tapes I did?

CJ mentions a gun to use in self defense. He said Ron was pointing a gun at him, saying he was going to kill him.

And now you want us to NOT believe Misty, who said she had 2 children in the car.

Did you listen to the same tapes I did?

CJ mentions a gun to use in self defense. He said Ron was pointing a gun at him, saying he was going to kill him.

And now you want us to NOT believe Misty, who said she had 2 children in the car.
Yes I did.
CJ mentions no gun when he first tells dispatch what had happened and only later reveals that he saw a gun in Rons hand.
I have a hard time believing him. Sorry. If Ron in fact had waved a gun and threatened CJ it would of been the first thing out of his mouth, but we do not get that info until much later in the call and is followed with a threat to shoot Ron in self defense before hand and concerned if he might be arrested. Thank goodness Ron did not pull over with that lunitic on the road and in possesion of a gun with the mind set he was going to shoot Ron. You can believe what you choose:angel:.

Thank you so much for the recap.
I know when I hear things over the scanner I get more info and it makes more sense...after the scanner whizzes break down the codes that is. LOL. I also agree that CJ didn't get any special treatment. He just happen to co-operate with the 911 operator, where Misty did not and hung up. For all we know they may of called Misty back on a private line for follow up after she hung up.

Do we know what Ron called about the next day?

No we don't. Sorry

Those children were at risk because Ronald was engaging in a pssing match with another person in vehicles going at high speeds, with a reported gun in HIS possession, and an admitted gun in the other guy's possession. The risk has nothing to do with Misty refusing to give her name. Misty refused because she didn't want "them" to pick them apart later.

bbm~

all the while putting 2 childrens life at risk...big surprise there huh?..

Yes I did.
CJ mentions no gun when he first tells dispatch what had happened and only later reveals that he saw a gun in Rons hand.
I have a hard time believing him. Sorry. If Ron in fact had waved a gun and threatened CJ it would of been the first thing out of his mouth, but we do not get that info until much later in the call and is followed with a threat to shoot Ron in self defense before hand and concerned if he might be arrested. Thank goodness Ron did not pull over with that lunitic on the road and in possesion of a gun with the mind set he was going to shoot Ron. You can believe what you choose:angel:.

texasmommy, IMHO only..I think it very likely that CJ was not supposed to be carrying a weapon, so I'm certainly not surprised that he didn't volunteer that info in the beginning and possibly why Ron pointing the gun wasn't mention at the very first either, imvho. At least he apparently told the truth, where as it appears that Ron made it home, locked the gun up and who knows what he did with the 2 children. Really, it's not like any of them are pillars of the community. I found CJ's 911 call to be quite candid under the circumstances myself...and he also sounded scared and mad, can't blame him for that. I can't anyway...but you are absolutely correct, we can agree to disagree. :)

"Ronald stated he had Misty Cummings in the truck with him and he had her call 911 about what was occurring."

--------------
Listen to the first second or two of the call. Before the operator came on and said 911 what is your emergency.

Misty is saying "No I'm calling on Him." Not what Ronald said as quoted above. It appears Ronald did not realize that statement was captured on tape. It appears that Misty is the one who decided to dial 911.

BBM --

My take on this comment is that she is reassuring RC that she is calling to tattle on CJ - as if RC thought for a moment she was calling on him. If so, WHY would RC think she was calling 911 on him . . . .

I believe Ron's telling the truth also, further Charlie was the aggressor and the 911 operator was more than willing to help him and Misty's operator should be reprimanded and sent back to training to learn how to handle emergency calls for help. We should all feel "assisted" when dialing 911 regardless of whether we're willing to give our names or not. Being on a cell phone, the operator had no clue as to the address of the potential emergency danger and the locations being given over the cell by Misty should have been more paramount than her name, since it couldn't assist with location like when calling from a home land line. My belief is possibly this operator knew it was Misty and sounded somewhat un-interested in getting Misty help, or offering support til LE got there to assist.

No wonder Misty and Ron react the way they do at times concerning LE, I would too and I know I'm not guilty of anything. I learn by how I'm treated and it dictates my future reactions to that person or situation.

BBM --

Please, RC has gone his whole life getting away with stuff and MC seems to be given that path as well. They have never been held accountable for anything they've done. It boggles my mind to look at RC's criminal history and see all the charges that have been mysteriously thrown out, dropped or just not pursued. Heck, even CJ, who's described as an acquaintance, knows how it works in Pitkin County and that RC won't get in trouble for this.

You are correct, though. They have learned by how they've been treated. They know they can get away with anything.

bbm changing green to red, yes it would be totally merciless had someone gotten hurt while the 911 operator did a poor job during the call with Misty, thus ending with the caller hanging up due to their obvious acknowledgement that help wasn't going to be sent, and the requirements the operator placed on Misty in order to qualify for help from LE. Not only merciless, but avoidable had their been bodily injury. To me, that's no laughing matter, especially when someone feels/senses danger and they follow proper legal steps to get help and go to LE, only to be discouraged in attempting that contact with them. Another good opportunity missed on behalf of LE to get close to the players in this case and possibly obtain any shred of helpful information that may lead to Haleigh's whereabouts.

I'm sorry, I just can't agree. If someone is calling in to 911 asking for help but refusing to tell their name, it seems a little hinky. LE can't go arrest someone on an anonymous tip. They would need to talk to the person calling 911 to get the details. Someone's threatening your life but you don't want to say who you are so LE can help you? Here fishy fishy . . .

You can believe what you choose:angel:.

Under the circumstances I can understand Misty's response. HaLeigh's abduction has become a high profile case and Ron and Misty's actions are definitely sought by the media for the public consumption and another police report involving the two is bad publicity

~ Respectfully snipped ~

I'm going to believe Grandmaj's excellent account of how the night transpired, as she was listening to the scanner when the call came in. Her post was very insightful about how everything went down. And, frankly, if two parties are calling in to report something, I tend to believe the person who gave accurate info on the 911 call and stayed to wait for LE. NOT the person who says "nevermind" to the 911 operator and disappears into the night.

The second part - "under the circumstances" I CANNOT understand MC's response. Her and RC are claiming innocence in Haleighs disappearance. They should have nothing to hide then, right? Who cares about "public scrutiny" if you have done nothing wrong ESPECIALLY when the lives of two children are in danger!?!

Yes I did.

You know Charlie would have alerted about the gun first words to the op. Putting together all the most likely theories and facts to the relationships of each person involved, it makes sense that Charlie was instigating a confrontation. Doesn't even make sense Ron and Misty were out New Years with 2 children, going to get her clothes, or even just spending time together, and their out bothering Charlie. Ron was enroute on normal traveled areas to and from his home. Misty is a pretty young girl, and they had no reason to be out hunting trouble. The situation doesn't call for that. Charlie on the other hand, appears to have bad blood, motive to confront.

The threatening harrassing cell phone calls to Misty's phone confirmed and heard by LE is the "Key" here as to the bigger picture and what was going on and what Charlie's intent was towards them. Charlies allegations did not stack up, no new damage to his vehicle. Another lie LE noted on the police report. Charlie is the aggressor, and LE warned him not to call Misty's cell again. The report is clear, Charlie looked for trouble and almost got it. I'm glad to see Ron and Misty being amicable towards each other. If in fact he was allowing her to get her belongings, seems they are being peaceful with each other. They could possibly be together, time will tell.

If their innocent, they need to work together til Haleigh's disappearance is solved. If and when the perp. is arrested, and the trial begins, they will be "KEY" witnesses to testify at trial. For Haleigh's sake, all the innocent family members and players surrounding this case need to be united and work together with LE. Wonder where Charlie and his Father were the night Haleigh went missing? I recall reading some information about the Father, but since forgotten. Don't know alot about this family, but would like to know their whereabouts and activities leading up to Haleigh's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back