Ron C. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

The above link is of the JVM show that aired on 27 FEB 09. Comments snipped are from JVM and CAPTAIN DICK SCHAULAND, PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE the snippets only relate to RC. His entire interview that was given by phone can be seen at the link.

(sorry for the length of this post but I didn't want to edit in order to preserve context)

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I guess --

SHAULAND: As far as --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

What do you all make of that comment by the CPT?

what i make of it is that they are saying Ron's presence at work that night doesn't necessarily absolve him from involvement. Perhaps he went in late, left early or took a long lunch break?? we don't know this, but obviously if the alibi were iron tight, he'd be cleared. Perhaps working nights, he wouldn't have been seen for significant amounts of time... and wouldn't have been missed if he did leave for any amount of time?

also, they are saying they don't know the exact nature of the crime (abduction by stranger or relative, death, or injury inside the home), they obviously don't know when anything happened, and they aren't using Misty's timeline.

With Misty's time frames she gives, it's hard to tell what the Captain meant.. I guess that Ron was at work like he said, yet they're not sure at what time something happened to Haleigh. ..that would take us back to the 911 call

I understand totally why Ron wouldn't want to go back inside the house. Too painful. He was at work. He came home. Daughter gone. Yes, it does take us back to the 911 call.

With Misty's time frames she gives, it's hard to tell what the Captain meant.. I guess that Ron was at work like he said, yet they're not sure at what time something happened to Haleigh. ..that would take us back to the 911 call

i think the police are NOT depending on Misty's time line for whatever reason. Maybe they think she is lying, wasn't there, or is covering up for someone. Whatever the reason, they are flat out stating they do not know if this was an abduction, yet they are investigating as if it were - probably working as many angles as they can think of.

I think he is more or less stating without a body, they have nothing at this point.

i think the police are NOT depending on Misty's time line for whatever reason. Maybe they think she is lying, wasn't there, or is covering up for someone. Whatever the reason, they are flat out stating they do not know if this was an abduction, yet they are investigating as if it were - probably working as many angles as they can think of.

I think he is more or less stating without a body, they have nothing at this point.

ITA, without a body this case must be difficult to unravel or to prosecute:

"The real story is the recovery of Haleigh." ~

Dominick Pape, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement special agent in charge

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090221/ARTICLES/902211010/0/WEATHER

Haleigh is loved by all her family,that's why they're all camped out,even if they're not in the same camp.No matter what their personnal differences are,they all love her.I find it appropriate to mention how beautiful and sweet Haleigh is in any of thier threads,because this is about what happened to her.And it keeps the focus,whether it's Crystal's Christmas video or Ron's home pics,they loved her and she's thier daughter.

Agreed. She is clearly a very happy child in spite of the things we keep uncovering about her family. That is very important- it shows that she received alot of love from everyone in her life- Mom, Dad, Grandparents on both sides.

That is important to this case- I truly don't believe any of her immediate family did this.

Agreed. She is clearly a very happy child in spite of the things we keep uncovering about her family. That is very important- it shows that she received alot of love from everyone in her life- Mom, Dad, Grandparents on both sides.

That is important to this case- I truly don't believe any of her immediate family did this.
I don't think so either. Someone was stalking the family, Haleigh in particular. Ron went to work, Misty left the home, and the perp said Okay, here's my opportunity. The perp knew Ron had started working late at night. 3 weeks.

I'm still undecided about Misty.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

(Snipped by me for space)

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

What do you all make of that comment by the CPT?

Actually, I found it very odd, even the way he said it, made me go "hmm". But then again, I'm not sure how much weight to give it since they haven't cleared any of the important family players and I couldn't see his face. Definitely caught my attention.

Does anyone know if Ron sees his other child/ren and if he has been ordered to pay child support? PLEASE no names. Just wondering if there's any tension on that front. TIA.

Does anyone know if Ron sees his other child/ren and if he has been ordered to pay child support? PLEASE no names. Just wondering if there's any tension on that front. TIA.

I don't think it has been confirmed either way if he does or does not have children with anyone else..

I agree with you that the police aren't going by Misty's time lines. Being that they can't that would take us back to the 911 call which we know for a fact happened. Haleigh went missing sometime before that.
The grandmother said she drove past around 7pm and saw the kids eating dindin on the porch. If that is true then sometime between after 7pm and 3:27am (whenever the 911 call came in) would be the time frame something happened.
LE has made it clear they accept that Ron was at work the time he mentioned.
That leaves it up to Misty, or whatever other factors they have left to work with as to what happened between the time the grandmother last saw the kids until the 911 call was placed.

Broke my heart as well.
Ron seems to be very good with children. The ones of he and the children brushing their teeth gets me every time. I have 4 boys ranging from 10-15 and never thought of taking a picture with them brushing their teeth..
Off Topic: I wonder if it would help to get them to take their medicine?! I bet the faces would be worth it. LOL I think it is a great idea.

On Topic: Ronald needs to get full custody and a restraining order immediately after the stunt Crystal pulled last night.

Not sure where to post this and it may have already been posted. I think this is a video put together by KFN (barbibabies) Has some great pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPfuhDG-OM

Darn it Busyladies:D. Now I starting to like Ron. theses are great pictures and make my thinking change toward him.

One thing I see alot pictures of Ron and Haleigh, but not to many of Bio mom
with Haleigh and her brother.:silenced:

I've not seen a pic with her and Haleigh.He needs to go Monday and get that order for no visitation.I can see in the photos with him,she's his heart.I am wondering if he'll move in with his Mom or because of even further danger Jr was put in last night on the GR show,will it be safer at campsite.I don't know if LE is watching campsite with officers or not since they've released the trailer.

Here are the reasons Capt. Schauland has given for not clearing anyone in this case (bold mine):

First--Why the family in general has not been cleared:

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

Now, here's Capt. Schauland's answer as to why Ron specifically has not been cleared. Notice he gives an extra detail in his answer:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and "we don`t when it happened."

So according to Capt. Schauland, Nobody has been cleared because LE doesn't know WHAT happened. Ron hasn't been ruled out, because they don't know WHEN the crime took place. JMO. Hope this helps.

I've not seen a pic with her and Haleigh.He needs to go Monday and get that order for no visitation.I can see in the photos with him,she's his heart.I am wondering if he'll move in with his Mom or because of even further danger Jr was put in last night on the GR show,will it be safer at campsite.I don't know if LE is watching campsite with officers or not since they've released the trailer.

I don't understand how people see Jr. as having been put in danger by being on the GR show. How is seeing a little boy actually moving any different than seeing his still image in pictures provided by his father? The logic on that is escaping me.

On Topic: Ronald needs to get full custody and a restraining order immediately after the stunt Crystal pulled last night.

I disagree. If it is ever determined that Crystal was involved in Haleigh's disappearance, then yes.

However, if the girl that Ron chose to have a relationship with is ultimately responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, I believe Ron will lose custody. After all, they were in his custody when this happened and left the kids in the care of someone who appears to be a drug addict.

Darn it Busyladies:D. Now I starting to like Ron. theses are great pictures and make my thinking change toward him.

One thing I see alot pictures of Ron and Haleigh, but not to many of Bio mom
with Haleigh and her brother.:silenced:

Maybe that's because Ron's side of the family is putting out more pics than Crystal's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member