Ron C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hopefully now that the abuse is a non-issue some rumors can be put to rest, lawyers out of the picture and the focus back on Haleigh, which is where it should of been from day one.

I personally am so thankful to learn that these two precious children have not been abused. Hopefully Crystal and RC can sit down and talk about why all these allegations where put out there, some healing can be done and they can move forward and work together as a team.

Well hopefully now that the abuse is a non-issue some rumors can be put to rest, lawyers out of the picture and the focus back on Haleigh, which is where it should of been from day one.

I personally am so thankful to learn that these two precious children have not been abused. Hopefully Crystal and RC can sit down and talk about why all these allegations where put out there, some healing can be done and they can move forward and work together as a team.

Gee Wally, that would be swell!

Hey, I'd love to know for certain that those kids weren't abused... but I have little faith in county services, let alone lawyers that both remove themselves from the case, voluntarily or not.. Now Crystal and Ron have no representation at all. Tells ya a lot about the "good intentions" of those folks. Not one bit as far finding the girl, or how finding her has been and should be the primary objective.

Ronald still has his attorneys as far as I know. :waitasec:
4.Termination of Representation

This office has been successful in handling the DCF investigation and resolving family law issues between Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield.We undertook this representation pro bono as a public service to not only Ronald Cummings, but to the citizens of PutnamCounty in the interest of clearing up these controversies.

There are no pending legal matters involving Ronald Cummings.We are ending today our representation of Ronald Cummings on good terms.Our website, findhaleighnow.com will remain online but will not be updated.

We also note that Attorney Kim Picazio, who represents Crystal Sheffield, has indicated in writing that she is withdrawing from representing Crystal Sheffield.

4.Termination of Representation

This office has been successful in handling the DCF investigation and resolving family law issues between Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield.We undertook this representation pro bono as a public service to not only Ronald Cummings, but to the citizens of PutnamCounty in the interest of clearing up these controversies.

There are no pending legal matters involving Ronald Cummings.We are ending today our representation of Ronald Cummings on good terms.Our website, findhaleighnow.com will remain online but will not be updated.

We also note that Attorney Kim Picazio, who represents Crystal Sheffield, has indicated in writing that she is withdrawing from representing Crystal Sheffield.

Thanks for the link. I guess some people better call in to get updated.

Ronald's attorney's made it pretty clear at the onset that they were representing Ronald in the family law issues. The family law issues have been resolved to their satisfaction according to their above statement. No representation is required due to the fact that there are no pending legal issues.

Ronald no longer needs an attorney, Crystal no longer needs an attorney, I hope they can put their heads together for the sake of Haleigh and RJ and determine the best route to take to find their missing child.

Four months ago, this "minor" become the legal stepmother to both children. Her sleeping in the same room as the children to me is the same now as it was then...perfectly acceptable. My children have slept in the same room with me many times!

Neither Ronald or Misty have abused those children. Case is closed!

BBM once again I will say very scary.... we may never know what went on in that MH the day Haleigh went missing. Ronald and Misty are the only two that know. one of them will freak one day, cause they can't deal with the guilt and then we will finally know.. Case is not closed until Haleigh is found!!!

Gee Wally, that would be swell!

Hey, I'd love to know for certain that those kids weren't abused... but I have little faith in county services, let alone lawyers that both remove themselves from the case, voluntarily or not.. Now Crystal and Ron have no representation at all. Tells ya a lot about the "good intentions" of those folks. Not one bit as far finding the girl, or how finding her has been and should be the primary objective.

BBM

Well, me too, especially since one of the the attorneys is the source for the information that children had not been abused.

Ronald's attorney's made it pretty clear at the onset that they were representing Ronald in the family law issues. The family law issues have been resolved to their satisfaction according to their above statement. No representation is required due to the fact that there are no pending legal issues.

Ronald no longer needs an attorney, Crystal no longer needs an attorney, I hope they can put their heads together for the sake of Haleigh and RJ and determine the best route to take to find their missing child.

Well actually, the family law issues were #3 on their list, after assistance in cooperating with LE and in coordinating media access in order to use that asset in the search for Haleigh. Those two efforts are still needed to bring Haleigh home, are they not ?

March 19, 2009

The Law Office of Kimball & Snider, P.A. has agreed, after first meeting with Ronald Cummings on March 18, 2009, to represent Ronald Cummings, the father of Haleigh Cummings, on a pro bono basis. As a victim, Ronald Cummings needs and deserves legal advice and assistance in his quest for the safe return of his daughter, Haleigh Cummings.

1. The Law Office of Kimball & Snider P.A. will assist Ronald Cummings in his continuing cooperation with the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and all other police agencies in their investigation into Haleigh’s disappearance.

2. The Law Office of Kimball & Snider P.A. will coordinate media attention directed to Ronald Cummings regarding his daughter’s disappearance. While publicity is a definite asset in the search for Haleigh, Ronald Cummings can not handle all the various requests for his time that the media and the public are seeking, and access will be very limited.

3. That the Law Office of Kimball & Snider P.A. will handle any other appropriate matters relating to Ronald Cummings’ best interests, including maters related to Haleigh’s biological mother Crystal Sheffield, who has recently retained legal counsel regarding a possible custody challenge involving Ronald Cummings Jr. The attorney and mother have appeared on national television to make unsubstantiated claims that Ronald Cummings sees as a “cheap shot” and publicity stunt that detracts from the search for Haleigh. The mother was previously denied custody in court and allegations of abuse against Ronald were judicially dismissed.

http://www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm#March262009

atherella - it may not be abuse in your mind for you to leave your children with a minor It is to me.

Snipped to the part I would like to address.

I babysat as a teenager - when I was younger than 17. For more than one family also. Do you feel that every family I babysat for was neglectful leaving their children in MY care? I was a minor at the time I was babysitting. Many times I babysat well past midnight.

I also had many friends my age that babysat. It was quite common for teenagers to babysat when I was growing up. It's how we earned spending money.

These days, I bump into the kids once in awhile - they are going to college and all healthy and doing quite well.

I do not consider it "neglect" to let a teenager babysit your children, sorry Stilettos. If that were the case, heavens only knows how many parents in the world are neglectful.

DCF did a four plus month investigation in this case. It appears they were very thorough. They knew the national spotlight was on them. They didn't want to make any mistakes. If there was any question of abuse, IMO they would not have closed the case - they'd have set up a case plan for Ron to follow and kept the case open and done status conferences with him. They didn't - they closed the case because there was no abuse - period. Some people just don't seem to want to let it drop.

HALEIGH COMING UP ON JVM IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED!

I babysat as a teenager - when I was younger than 17. For more than one family also. Do you feel that every family I babysat for was neglectful leaving their children in MY care? I was a minor at the time I was babysitting. Many times I babysat well past midnight.

I also had many friends my age that babysat. It was quite common for teenagers to babysat when I was growing up. It's how we earned spending money.

These days, I bump into the kids once in awhile - they are going to college and all healthy and doing quite well.

I do not consider it "neglect" to let a teenager babysit your children, sorry Stilettos. If that were the case, heavens only knows how many parents in the world are neglectful.

DCF did a four plus month investigation in this case. It appears they were very thorough. They knew the national spotlight was on them. They didn't want to make any mistakes. If there was any question of abuse, IMO they would not have closed the case - they'd have set up a case plan for Ron to follow and kept the case open and done status conferences with him. They didn't - they closed the case because there was no abuse - period. Some people just don't seem to want to let it drop.

If there is abuse by either of them it will come up again if there is a problem.I just pray no one gets hurt.I just pray God steps in and takes care of JR and takes care of everything and I think he will.

I am SO glad the DCF case is closed and that the allegations were unfounded. I just find it ironic that the same people who kept posting that we would see big changes and bombshells after the investigation are the same people who are now saying they have no confidence in the social workers competence.

Sorry friends, you can't have it both ways.

Oh and atherella - I bump into my kids too...there were never babysat by a minor under the influence, never sat by a minor period. They never observed a parent sleeping with minors illegally, never had a revolving door on a parents bedroom either. Never had a sister go missing under Dad's watch. They are social workers, ministers in church and in the US military. They made it out quite well also.

Rj's welfare is fine. The state said so.

Misty is now the legal stepmother of Haleigh and Rj so leaving the children with her before, IMO, is no worse of a choice than leaving them with her now...which the state says is in their best interest.

The environment was declared to be fit as per DCF.

Their lifestyles evidently have proven to be such that the state feels comfortable leaving a 4 year old child involved in and feels is in his best interest.
---------------------
Well FGS, if the STATE says so, that makes it right! Right? Everyone knows that DCF never, ever drops a children through the proverbial crack, right? And I have to agree with you on something, you are right, "leaving the children with her before, is no worse of a choice than leaving them with her now...." Absolutely correct! I will now proceed to tip toe through the tulips..........:crazy:

BBM

did any of the children that were left in your care ever go missing? i too babysat often as a teenager, never lost a child though..

Originally Posted by stilettos View Post
atherella - it may not be abuse in your mind for you to leave your children with a minor It is to me.

I had 2 toddlers at the age and I can assure you that my children were never abused.

I see there is elation and some people who truly believe RC is a great father and has done a fantastic job raising the children with love...and now the DCF report will be used to reaffirm their convictions.

If given the opportunity, would anyone of the advocates leave their children with Ron and Misty to babysit?

BBM once again I will say very scary.... we may never know what went on in that MH the day Haleigh went missing. Ronald and Misty are the only two that know. one of them will freak one day, cause they can't deal with the guilt and then we will finally know.. Case is not closed until Haleigh is found!!!

Bbm

No, the person who kidnapped HaLeigh knows. I don't think Ron or Misty know what happened, as far as we know, Ronald was at work, and Misty was asleep.

Abuse case is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member