Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Hope 15 years from now or 85% of that, we aren't still asking "Where's Haleigh?"

Four down and one to go. Stung, snagged, and sentenced. Five people will spend a very long time behind bars.

Are we any closer to finding Haleigh?

Hopefully Misty gets a good long sentence in the lst County, that makes her "come too" and worry about the Put. Co. sentencing. If that fails hopefully not only is the totality of the time basically add up to a murder charge...maybe/hopefully we may see her come forward ward and pass a poly, hopefully produce something of evidence. If so, maybe it will be one of the few times a defense att. will agree to add into evidence (to dispute her others). Even if Misty all of a sudden spills, proof will be needed. I feel a blanket could play part of a physical factor somehow (too much talk about blankets & laundry from Misty lol).

We all want to see justice for little Haleigh but it seems we are getting to the end of the road for possibilities at least on people having an incentive for coming forward to save their butt IMO. If this doesn't work, can anything save this case from being a cold or unsolved case?

I can see Misty getting sentenced to fifteen years and the system in Putnam County, brushing off their hands, saying "Well, that's that." And we never hear anything more of Haleigh. There is need for outrage in Florida, demonstrations, newspaper opinions printed. Doesn't anyone down there care?

Sadly, I think you are correct in your first sentence regarding Putnam County thinking that they are "through" with the Haleigh case because they have managed putting the players they think are responsible, in prison. They obviously couldn't solve Haleigh's case, so they opted for the next best solution, ie., making sure they were put into prison for many years. I too feel that LE was told to make this drug bust happen, the public needed to see that "something" was happening to these players.

Sadly, I think you are correct in your first sentence regarding Putnam County thinking that they are "through" with the Haleigh case because they have managed putting the players they think are responsible, in prison. They obviously couldn't solve Haleigh's case, so they opted for the next best solution, ie., making sure they were put into prison for many years. I too feel that LE was told to make this drug bust happen, the public needed to see that "something" was happening to these players.

:hand: Oh, I so hope you guys are wrong! I am not willing to go there until after Misty receives both sentencing...I am holding out hope that they know what they are doing. I don't want to go down that other road until then.

IMO..the plea deal given to Ron..was not to BEG him to give up information they needed..and to get him to talk....

IMO...the LE...have confronted him with EVIDENCE...that proves that Haleigh was a homicide ...They have knowledge and proof....and there is no denying it..and Ron KNOWS they have the facts.......BUT..he is going to testify..that it was Misty..that DID IT...(whatever the IT is)..He is going to remain blameless...because he was at "werk".....and TN and perhaps GMS also, is going to verify Ron's story..

I do not see Ron...in this plea deal..offered to him...admitting anything that would find him guilty..and adding more years in prison...UNLESS..this plea deal offered immunity for himself and any involvement he had in Haleigh's death.........

I may be missing some facts I don't know about here...If I am, please enlighten me..

in my own opinion..

IMO..the plea deal given to Ron..was not to BEG him to give up information they needed..and to get him to talk....

IMO...the LE...have confronted him with EVIDENCE...that proves that Haleigh was a homicide ...They have knowledge and proof....and there is no denying it..and Ron KNOWS they have the facts.......BUT..he is going to testify..that it was Misty..that DID IT...(whatever the IT is)..He is going to remain blameless...because he was at "werk".....and TN and perhaps GMS also, is going to verify Ron's story..

I do not see Ron...in this plea deal..offered to him...admitting anything that would find him guilty..and adding more years in prison...UNLESS..this plea deal offered immunity for himself and any involvement he had in Haleigh's death.........

I may be missing some facts I don't know about here...If I am, please enlighten me..

in my own opinion..

He wouldn't have a need to ask for immunity. Imo there is absolutely no evidence that Ron was involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

The DA already knows what Ron will say when he testifies. DAs always know the scoop before they are willing to plea a case.

The DA knows he can bring forth Ron's word records including the scan machine showing him there and not leaving. Also there were other employees there who will testify he was on duty all the time.

By striking this plea deal with RC it convinces me the DA does think this is going to go to trial one day and that brings me hope that justice will be served for Haleigh.

IMO

Thanks Dr. for bring forth this situation. This is the most outrageous part of today's proceedings. How can this woman get on the stand in a court of law, raise her hand to truth and make this statement?

Ron has three children. Is his mother implying that Ron is a good father to at least two of them? And adding that they don't know where one of them is, makes it sound as if being unware of where one child might be is something that happens to many good fathers.

If Ron and his family do not know where his one child is, how can he be called a "good" father to that particular child? He hasn't seen, held, hugged, fed or even searched for her for over 18 months!

And now! from the optimistic side of my brain:

Fifteen years and a large fine isn't too surprising. All week I've been seeing this number posted by members as a guess to what he would be sentenced.
Fifteen years is the punishment for the drug case Ron has pleaded to. Now we can look forward to LE and the DA to move onto the justice for Haleigh phase.

I still strongly believe that after Misty is sentenced, we will be hearing of charges and arrests in the case of Haleigh's fate. Part of that will require Ron to keep his part of the plea deal he made in exchange for having the two 25 year charges dropped. If he can't deliver, he's back to square one - facing the original drug charges.

Furthermore, dear WS members, I do plainly see Ron's name on the top of the list of charges and arrests in Haleigh's murder case. LE has spent too much time and energy not to be going forward with what happend to end the life of a five-year-old child.

She may be gone but she is not in the least forgotten. Let's all look ahead to those around Haleigh in life having to pay for her death! jmo

Thanks Az for helping us put this back in perspective, and pointing out a small glimmer of hope. I too thought the sentence would be 15 yrs. but hoped for more. When it was handed down, reality hit, and I was still disapointed. Like you, I do believe that le has worked too hard on this case just to let it go without justice for Haleigh. We have to keep the hope to see that that happens.

As you all find some topics you want to discuss that generate from this discussion, please open new topic threads. This thread will be closing. We'll probably leave it open until morning though.

Four down and one to go. Stung, snagged, and sentenced. Five people will spend a very long time behind bars.

Are we any closer to finding Haleigh?

BBM - And, therein, lies the biggest question of all. I find that very sad!

Sure it's possible, anything is possible. Unlikely imo, but possible. People post as if it's fact, which isn't true, it's only a rumor at this point.

Either way, fact or only a possibility, any good father would want to know so he could step up to the plate and be that good father if the 3rd child is. in fact, his. It seems to me that a good father would be standing at the door to the DNA Lab first thing when it opened.

Sadly I just don't know what to say. I too feel we are at the end of the road and I dont think anyone is even still looking for Haleigh :O(

He wouldn't have a need to ask for immunity. Imo there is absolutely no evidence that Ron was involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

The DA already knows what Ron will say when he testifies. DAs always know the scoop before they are willing to plea a case.

The DA knows he can bring forth Ron's word records including the scan machine showing him there and not leaving. Also there were other employees there who will testify he was on duty all the time.

By striking this plea deal with RC it convinces me the DA does think this is going to go to trial one day and that brings me hope that justice will be served for Haleigh.

IMO

BBM I have never seen LE or the DA state this. Do you have a link?

Hopefully Misty gets a good long sentence in the lst County, that makes her "come too" and worry about the Put. Co. sentencing. If that fails hopefully not only is the totality of the time basically add up to a murder charge...maybe/hopefully we may see her come forward ward and pass a poly, hopefully produce something of evidence. If so, maybe it will be one of the few times a defense att. will agree to add into evidence (to dispute her others). Even if Misty all of a sudden spills, proof will be needed. I feel a blanket could play part of a physical factor somehow (too much talk about blankets & laundry from Misty lol).

We all want to see justice for little Haleigh but it seems we are getting to the end of the road for possibilities at least on people having an incentive for coming forward to save their butt IMO. If this doesn't work, can anything save this case from being a cold or unsolved case?

BBM...Good question Dee... If this doesn't work, maybe after Misty has spent 40 or 50 of her 240 yrs in prison, she will decide to tell the truth...

FWIW, Shoemaker even admitted that Ron could not be accounted for by anyone at work for every minute of his entire shift.

But the reality is, Ron's work hours don't mean much because LE has stated they do not know when whatever happened to Haleigh happened.

IMO

BBM...This will help Ron's alibi only if whatever happened to Haleigh actually happened after his work hours began. Some of us have theorized that whatever happened to Haleigh did so before he went to work. If that is the case, then his work hrs. are a mute point.
Sorry, kr, i didn't see your post before I posted this.

Then also put a seatbelt on, teh, so you do not 'thud' to the floor!

Sorry completely OT but LaLaw2000 I absolutely love your beautiful calla lilies...

Sorry OT.. Now back to reading this mornings thread and what happened to RC... Haven't been able to even peek in all day so am in total suspense as to what happened..
Back to page 1 of this thread...

I think once Misty is sentenced, that is all the "justice" we will see, as far as Haleigh's disappearance and likely murder. I don't think there will ever be a case that can be brought to trial. I just hope that all those involved end up in prison for a decade or more...it is better than nothing, if not close to what they deserve.

Originally Posted By oceanblueyes

IMO

And in response to the ^above^ post...

The portion highlighted in red in OBE's post is what the above post has BBT and is inquiring about...
{snipped below is portion inquired about in the directly above post}

The DA knows he can bring forth Ron's word records including the scan machine showing him there and not leaving. Also there were other employees there who will testify he was on duty all the time.[/

Just as OBE also stated in her post the following
{snipped from OBE post}

{end snippet from OBE's post}

This is what she believes[IOW it's "in her opinion"].
So just as there was no inquiry asking for a link to "back up" this above snipped portion of her post, the same goes for the portion highlighted in Red.

Its clearly stated in this snippet that "The DA already knows...." [and it is her opinion that the DA "already knows"] With that being obvious and not being asked to provide a link to "back up".. The same goes for the snipped portion highlighted Red saying once again: "The DA already knows...."

It too is in her opinion "that the DA knows..." just as it was in the statement NOT REQUESTING A LINK FOR.. Opinions are not backed up with links and OBE's post was consistent throughout and none of what was said required links.

Eta~in reference of Requesting Links...
Everyone Read! Think and Use Common Sense! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Altho Ron puts up an arrogent, tough guy front, while being sentenced to 15 years in prison...IMO..it is going to be very difficult for him to endure prison life..

IMO...Since TN and his GMS have..seen to his needs,his children's needs, "held his hand" thru his brushes with the law, supported him in the media, shielded him from adversary, down played his bursts of anger, rallied around him with teen age girls...and on and on with their enabling...

In prison, Ron is going to have to stand on his own 2 feet ...something that may be completely new to him...He will not have his mother, GMS, girlfriends, family, drugs, and guns in there with him to "rescue" him from rules, gangs, guards, ...and confinement..

He is going to have to do it.....all alone...

Am hoping... prison..... gives him .........lots of sleepness nights...

all in my own opinion

Altho Ron puts up an arrogent, tough guy front, while being sentenced to 15 years in prison...IMO..it is going to be very difficult for him to endure prison life..

IMO...Since TN and his GMS have..seen to his needs,his children's needs, "held his hand" thru his brushes with the law, supported him in the media, shielded him from adversary, down played his bursts of anger, rallied around him with teen age girls...and on and on with their enabling...

In prison, Ron is going to have to stand on his own 2 feet ...something that may be completely new to him...He will not have his mother, GMS, girlfriends, family, drugs, and guns in there with him to "rescue" him from rules, gangs, guards, ...and confinement..

He is going to have to do it.....all alone...

Am hoping... prison..... gives him .........lots of sleepness nights...

all in my own opinion
I've wondered how Ron will cope without his gfs. Going 15 years without some love, would be hard on anybody. almost seems inhumane, doesn't it? When I read that Ron was taunting Hank, it reminded me of Tommy telling Lindsey that there's always a bunch of bs hollerin' going on. So, I think Ron is adjusting, fitting in, making friends, but I still think it's gonna be hard without a Misty, his mom, & his GM. For the 1st time in his life, he won't be surrounded by adoring females. I wonder if it'll make a man out of him. Time will tell, I guess.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back