Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

The part I remember of that jailhouse visit was TN's apparent condition - she sounded as if she were inebriated, slurring her words, very deep husky voice. I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall her first words were, "Do you have something to tell me?" I believed Ron's response was (paraphrasing here) - "What - that I love you?" and then he started talking a mile a minute about (John Merchant?) telling him Misty was crying real tears when she was questioned and Ron was mentioned, etc., etc.

That question - "Do you have something to tell me?" - coupled with TN's apparent condition, chilled me to the bone. Was she informed about all the circumstances of Ron's arrest, what the charges were? Or was she terrified that he was going to tell her that he wasn't only facing the drug charges, but he was also being held for his responsibility in Haleigh's disappearance/demise? That might account for what appeared to be her heavy "sedation", her question, and then Ron's rapid-fire change of subject, not giving TN the opportunity to get a word in edgewise until he'd "set her straight."

It was definitely a weird conversation all the way around!

Oh yes, you're right. He had that panic sound to his voice that she was going to say something very incriminating to him. He deliberately made it clear to her that the visit was being recorded. It was as if he was shocked that she would say that on audio.

Oh yes, you're right. He had that panic sound to his voice that she was going to say something very incriminating to him. He deliberately made it clear to her that the visit was being recorded. It was as if he was shocked that she would say that on audio.

When I heard that, because of the screwy way I am bent, I thought she thought he had given HER up!!! I can't help it. I have always been convinced she is the "person in charge" of this show. From the first night when she showed up in a LE jacket.

bessie, I agree with you about Ron feeling sorry for himself, soul searching, maybe even being ashamed, and I supposed anyone in that position may have those feelings.
But this isn't about Ron. This about TN. She, as his mother, should have known he had issues about her love for him and she should have loved and loved, reassured and reassured him throughout his life. Even when they lived apart that could have happened. I blame TN for so much that has happened in RC life.
She gave birth to him and should have raised him herself, instead of putting her own selfish interests first. She had to know he had emotional issues, but she went her own merry way. I draw a very hard line when it comes to mothers and mothering. JMO

4Jacy, for the very same reasons you have posted are the reasons that I can understand how Teresa would come to Ron's aid and protect him, no matter what, in this very serious case. Her guilt at not being there for him would have been a factor, IMO for her stopping at nothing to protect him in his darkest hour.

Parents live in a lot of denial when it comes to their kids & kids live in a lot of denial when it comes to their parents. But, there are moments when their defenses are down, & things are exactly what they are. So, even though TN acted like Ron had done a service by getting Misty locked up, (denial at its height), she may have been thinking about the reality of Ron going to prison for a long time. Any mom, in that situation, would take some blame. So, maybe this was a mom, accepting her part in his drug problem and trying to make her son feel better. IDK, but I never got out of this conversation, what so many others did. I thought TN was trying to right some wrongs. That's it. MOO.

So, what do you think Teresa meant when she said "Don't you have something to tell me?" I'm just curious here.

Just wanted to add: Teresa was also very emotional and crying and it sounded like she had been crying for quite a while.

4Jacy, for the very same reasons you have posted are the reasons that I can understand how Teresa would come to Ron's aid and protect him, no matter what, in this very serious case. Her guilt at not being there for him would have been a factor, IMO for her stopping at nothing to protect him in his darkest hour.

That was a kind thing you said about TN, and I get what you're saying lone, however, it was too little, too late. She should have been nuturing him throughout his life, not just showing up in his darkest hour.

I don't find the timing unusual, 4Jacy. Sitting in jail with time to think, Ron was probably feeling sorry for himself, doing a little soul searching, and looking at his life trying to figure out how the he!! it all came down to where he was at that moment. I think he's had issues with TN for years, and probably has never forgiven her for abandoning him as a little boy. So, when she visited him in jail, it was a moment of reckoning for the two of them, which led to the statements we heard from TN. All seems perfectly normal to me for a parent and child in that situation. I'm probably in the minority on this opinion. (So what else is new? :) ) But this is one instance where I felt as though both TN and Ron were not speaking for the cameras.

I tend to agree with you bessie. I am trying to search my feelings as a mother, if I were in this situation. I would probably be wondering if I had done everything I could do as a mother, and going over all the mistakes I had made. I think both TN and RC were being introspective here, maybe. I don't know... But I also suspect Ron was trying to redirect the conversation a bit, so as not to allow Tn to say something they didn't want LE to hear. JMO

bessie, I agree with you about Ron feeling sorry for himself, soul searching, maybe even being ashamed, and I supposed anyone in that position may have those feelings.
But this isn't about Ron. This about TN. She, as his mother, should have known he had issues about her love for him and she should have loved and loved, reassured and reassured him throughout his life. Even when they lived apart that could have happened. I blame TN for so much that has happened in RC life.
She gave birth to him and should have raised him herself, instead of putting her own selfish interests first. She had to know he had emotional issues, but she went her own merry way. I draw a very hard line when it comes to mothers and mothering. JMO

I couldn't agree more. Whatever TN says or does to help Ron now is much too little and far too late.

I tend to agree with you bessie. I am trying to search my feelings as a mother, if I were in this situation. I would probably be wondering if I had done everything I could do as a mother, and going over all the mistakes I had made. I think both TN and RC were being introspective here, maybe. I don't know... But I also suspect Ron was trying to redirect the conversation a bit, so as not to allow Tn to say something they didn't want LE to hear. JMO

BBM: To me it was obvious he was doing that.

Ultimately, no matter what, Ronald is responsible for his decisions/actions as an adult. If I applied this same logic in my adult life, in regards to the abuse I endured as a child at the hands of my parents, I could justifiably be a drug dealer/mob boss/ax murderer/gang leader/bank robber... today. Somehow (Thank God!), from a very young age, I always had a deep inner-sense of right & wrong and fairness, and that drove me to be different - to be better. Somehow I just knew (and questioned), even though my abusers were my parents, that what they were doing was wrong & they were wrong. All too often, when we make mistakes and voice them, people/well-meaning friends anxiously rush in to alleviate our pain by stroking our egos in order to help make us feel better. Sometimes we just need to FEEL IT and TN, like many other parents, just needs to feel it right now - IMO~

So, what do you think Teresa meant when she said "Don't you have something to tell me?" I'm just curious here.

Just wanted to add: Teresa was also very emotional and crying and it sounded like she had been crying for quite a while.

I still really think her son has made a huge fool of her.

Ultimately, no matter what, Ronald is responsible for his decisions/actions as an adult. If I applied this same logic in my adult life, in regards to the abuse I endured as a child at the hands of my parents, I could justifiably be a drug dealer/mob boss/ax murderer/gang leader/bank robber... today. Somehow (Thank God!), from a very young age, I always had a deep inner-sense of right & wrong and fairness, and that drove me to be different - to be better. Somehow I just knew (and questioned), even though my abusers were my parents, that what they were doing was wrong & they were wrong. All too often, when we make mistakes and voice them, people/well-meaning friends anxiously rush in to alleviate our pain by stroking our egos in order to help make us feel better. Sometimes we just need to FEEL IT and TN, like many other parents, just needs to feel it right now - IMO~

Nomore, Thank you for this post. No matter whatever wrongs we do, if intentional, we can't really grow and be happy and well adjusted until we do some soul searching. If TN wasn't there for her son, and I don't doubt this to be true, she needs to feel some guilt, if this neglect was intentional especially. I have made some mistakes myself as a young parent, and I know that if I had not looked inside, things counld not have gotten better until I resolved my issues. Hopefully, Tn is doing some soul searching now.

Maybe she will come forward and tell the truth about what happened to Haleigh.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I know, I know, I have been called a polyanna before....go ahead. We can still hope.:seeya:

I am sorry nms, for how you were treated as a child. God bless you for overcoming it. I agree with you that when you become an adult you should be mature and responsible. Somehow, you had an intrinsic value system and you made it through. But I think RC was emotionally scarred since he was a small child, and then to have his beloved Grandfather die, that could have pushed him over the top.

I believe RC should pay (and pray) for actions, but I don't think there is any hope for TN.

That was a kind thing you said about TN, and I get what you're saying lone, however, it was too little, too late. She should have been nuturing him throughout his life, not just showing up in his darkest hour.

I agree that Teresa should have been a mother during Ron's early years but the facts are that she didn't. I'm looking at her actions at the time of Haleigh's demise and after. I was trying to point out that she would most likely feel that she had failed him for most of his life and that now it was time for her to step up to the plate and protect him like a mother grizzly. I think this is exactly what Teresa has done.

(BBM)
I agree that Teresa should have been a mother during Ron's early years but the facts are that she didn't. I'm looking at her actions at the time of Haleigh's demise and after. I was trying to point out that she would most likely feel that she had failed him for most of his life and that now it was time for her to step up to the plate and protect him like a mother grizzly. I think this is exactly what Teresa has done.

I agree lone, this is exactly what TN is/has done. Unfortunately though, this is not how a truly loving & healthy Mum helps her now adult son. JMO~

(BBM)

I agree lone, this is exactly what TN is/has done. Unfortunately though, this is not how a truly loving & healthy Mum helps her now adult son. JMO~

I don't trust TN at all. I believe, and from things I have heard and read, she has been on the fringe of society most of her life. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back