Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by MADJGNLAW, Feb 18, 2010.

1. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

2. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

Bless you! I am one of the very people are learning how to help. I had untreated bipolar disorder, was raised by personality disordered and drug addicted parents who saw crime as a "you gotta do what you gotta do" type deal. I started taking my mothers pills at 12 years old.. I never learned any coping skills except for what I learned from my mom and that was "I'm just gonna go f'ing kill myself" or take a pill the doctor gave her to "cope". I ending up coping just like her. You don't have to be personality disordered to behave like a person with a personality disorder, they can also be learned behaviors. So Cognitive behavioral therapy isn't just useful for those with personality disorders but the people they have infected. It can do amazing things for person, if they work it. Please don't ever in give in to the system, many of us can be functioning members of society.

3. OneLostGrl

Amen

That's the hardest part of getting clean, for many, drugs are all they have ever known.. it's their only normal.

4. OneLostGrl

Bold is mine..

Which is why I was sure to state that "I'm not talking about violent criminals here". Addicts don't belong with child rapists and murderers

5. JSV

JSV New Member

I don't agree with your last sentence .You have turned your life around and turned out to be a great person , and don't let anyone tell you otherwise . Congrats on going to college . :)

6. Gwen

Gwen New Member

I just wanna say that I think what you did with your life is exactly what the prison system is suppose to do. I am guessing you had support from family and friends and a genuine desire to not go back. Kuddos for you for changing your life and beating the odds.

Although Ron and company are not convicted of violent crimes. They are directly responsible for the demise of an innocent child and drugs kill. Dealers kill. They might not shoot or stab someone directly but they kill just the same. In my community we bury one or two people a week from overdose. Kids that didn't get the dope at home or from a doctor. They were gotten from the likes of Ron and company.

Again, I applaud your experience and what you made of it.

7. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

Your life sounds almost like my oldest, dearest friend's. She was raised by an alcoholic father, who left on drinking binges, and a mother who broke her back, to make things look normal. She refused any kind of a handout, so there was never any money, and a lot of times there was no food. Our brothers were best friends, so we all hung out, and they used to come over for a lot of meals. My dad was great. He did most of the cooking, and the more the merrier. Not too long ago, some old friends, who often wouldn't have eaten if not for Dad, started a facebook page about his cooking. Anyway, my friend has been through he@% and back...an alcoholic, drug addict, including crack, moved around everywhere, been to the pen several times, probably even prostituted, and was arrested so many times, she lost count...everything from dealing drugs, to harboring fugitives, fighting, you name it. She of course, lost her kids in the process. During those lost years, I was mad as he%# at her, but I never stopped caring and worrying. Well, here she is, in her 40s, and finally, thank Jesus, clean and sober. She's in constant therapy and meetings, has a decent job, and is enrolled in college. It's a wonder she's still alive, but she is, and for the past 4 years, she has been trying to build a relationship with her kids. They don't know her as Mom, and it has been hard, but she refuses to give up. At times, they have treated her like dirt, and ignored and excluded her, but she hangs in there and accepts what she can get.

8. OneLostGrl

You are right.. drugs kill, I agree completely. I hope I'm not coming across here as pro-criminal, because I'm not- I'm a huge believer in people being held accountable for their actions. I'm just trying to share the story from the other side and explain that not all criminals are evil monsters.

9. OneLostGrl

Life is harder for some people to cope with and if you never learned how to cope it's so easy to just escape rather than try and figure it out. I'm glad she figured it out.. sounds like she's doing great!! ♥

10. OneLostGrl

:blowkiss:

11. FL Convict

FL Convict New Member

what some of yall got to understand is alot of these drug offenders in prisons are TRAFFICKERs...that is beyond dealing. Dealing would be having a few pills...the crew had 1500 or so...

1500!!!!

this isn't about dealing weed, because that doesn't even score out to prison in FL...this is about having 1500 pills and dealing them.
    or having pounds and pounds and pounds of coke, meth, etc....that is beyond regular dealing.

and yeah Whisperer is spot on, there are some baaaaad people in prison.

as for Whisperer's question about how can mando mins be lowered

well the charges can be amended by the state or they can offer a plea where the sentence is less than the mandatory minimum.

So basically the state could have offered a plea deal of probation to the crew. ..or less prison time...county jail time, etc...

When I first got booked for the charge...state attorney's first offer was a 12 by 3..i swear. 12 yrs state prison followed by 3 yrs felony probation.

I said "HECK NO"

The offer by the state was then lowered to exactly what I scored out to which was 8 yrs. No bite for me.

I was ready to go to trial because my cousin's psycho ex bf(victim) didn't wanna go to trial and the state wanted his help bad. State ended up offering several yrs of probation. I took it because if I went to trial and lost then I'd have opened up an opportunity to get the max(15 yrs) from the judge.

Took it then subsequently violated a yr later for missing a meeting with the officer. It was not intentional, but it doesn't matter. So i went to county, no bond was set, found to have "willfully" violated and wah lah judge sent me to prison.

12. FL Convict

FL Convict New Member

also keep in mind that the state is not always so kind to waive a mandatory minimum. there are many factors involved.

just because they have the power does not mean they will use it. if ur facing a mando min then u should expect to do no less than that, but HOPE for a miracle.

there was a guy in a facility i was at that lost trial and got a life sentence at age 23 because he was a prison releasee reoffender. he had committed the crime within 3 yrs of his release from prison and it was a crime on the PRR list and it was a PBL(punishable by life) so he got the life sentence. He told me that the judge told him that he did not feel a life sentence was appropriate, but because the state attorney refused to waive the PRR tag, he had to sentence him to life...and he wished him well.

That's the thing some people in society and also those in the system have a problem with. You give all the power to the people whose job is to put people in prison. Some state attorneys view everyone as the same which is incorrect.

13. orbison11

orbison11 New Member

this just breaks my heart,,,,you know,,,sometimes children cant get beyond themselves,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to truly understand/know how their mother was raised,,,,how she broke out of the pattern,,,,oh to be so proud of her,,,,,,,
    sorry this just somehow touched me deeply
    jmo

14. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

My experience is in a prison for the criminally insane....need I say more? When I worked they threw the drug offenders in with the rest because the drug offenders wanted to get 1/2 time and convinced intake they had mental problems. All the drug offenders I saw were dealers and had committed many, many other crimes. From reading many heinous crimes, most if not all involved alcohol and some were drugs and alcohol but at that time it seemed alcohol was the catalyst.

We all come from a different perspective but this started out w/RC's problem and some insinuating he got the shaft because of mandatory minimums. RC got lucky not railroaded. If misty wanted he would be doing a lot more time..considering he was over 24 when he slept with her. He has a long history...and he was way overdue for prison. He knew it too..as he rattles off he knows he is going to go to prison and he doesn't care.

My point is rc and company deserved everything they got. The only one out of the bunch that got more than the minimum is Tommy and we don't know what the State has on him. It is a shame about Donna but she was a mature woman and she committed a crime. At least she took responsibility and she was the only one to do so.

15. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

I agree that they deserve everything they've gotten. After the Haleigh case is solved, I may feel differently, but maybe not. For instance..if Ron wasn't involved in Haleigh's disappearance, and isn't charged with anything, I don't want to see his drug charges reduced. He was given so many chances before this, I feel like he wore out his get out of jail free cards. Also, even if he's not culpable in Haleigh's death, it's MOO, that all of this could have been avoided if he had been more concerned with his kid's welfare, instead of his own lifestyle. IMO, it all comes back to him and his parenting. If Misty's not the perp, but was somehow involved, I don't want her freed. Honestly, the idea of her walking around free, freaks me out. If she was coerced or forced to participate, I'd like to see her get less time, but not walk away. Tommy, IMO, needs to spend every possible day in prison, that LE can stick to him. Even if he's not the perp, he has done nothing but bring this investigation to a standstill. And if JO, isn't guilty, Tommy needs to pay for setting him up. Anyway, my feelings in Haleigh's case affect the way I feel about the drug charges. When it's all said and done, I don't want them walking free. I'd like to see DB get out before she's an old lady, and if HS didn't have any involvement in Haleigh's disappearance, I hate that her bad attitude affected her sentencing. JMO

16. Chablis

Chablis Inactive

17. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

18. Dr.Fessel

Dr.Fessel New Member

19. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

Unless a person has lost a child...and especially through a violent murder..it is impossible to say how you would cope with it. When my daughter was murdered if I could stand the taste of alcohol I just might be an alcoholic today. If I liked the high from pain pills, etc, I might be a dope addict. When your child is murdered it feels like someone ripped out half of your heart and you wonder how it is possible that the other part is still beating. It is hard to understand and the only ones who could possibly understand it is those who have walked in the same shoes. What really makes me angry is those people who think that they know how they would react and judge others who aren't reacting the same way they would, In reality no one knows how they would cope until it happens. There are a lot of self rightous people in this world though, Thanks kampy for understanding.

melodyl likes this.
  20. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

He isn't guilty of murder so that is out! snip...Ron was at work according to law enforcement. If it is good enough for them it is good enough for me.

melodyl likes this.