Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by MADJGNLAW, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Nonni Brenda

Nonni Brenda Georgia girl

Putnam count if full of XXXX ! You couldn't pay me enough money to live there. What is so great about RC that he keeps getting all the breaks?!? He has no money to pay people off....what is he doing for these people that the gets such allowances? Hope some day we will know, but we may never find out what the real truth is. So sad that Haleigh may never get the justice she deserves. Wish we know... Sorry , just venting.
    MOO...

2. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

I'm thinking in FL the inmate must serve 85% of the sentence but the actual time sentenced is the 15 years minus the time he has already served...also he can enroll in a drug treatment program while in the big house and also get time off for that and of course he will earn good time so I'm guessing he will serve no more than 10 years.

3. TobyWong*

TobyWong* Well-Known Member

I think this scenario is the last we have to hang our hope on.

This is so unjust especially in light of Hope and Donna's sentence. How can the same THE SAME judge not say anything to fact that ron peddled his daughters name to lighten his sentence??

4. badme102

badme102 Former Member

bbm.

Wrong!

5. Nonni Brenda

Nonni Brenda Georgia girl

BBM...
    Another question about Ron's answers.. in this agreement are they talking about Ron's answers in court, or Ron's answers on the Proffer agreement, or
    Ron's answers when questioned by LE, or what answers? If he didn't give answers in court, how can any of these "non-answers" be untrueful? So is the proffer not worth the paper it is written on, especially if there are no answers to be untrueful? :waitasec:

6. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

Well, 15 sure beats the heck out of nothing, & this at least proves he wasn't working undercover, lol. I wonder if TN addressed that in her speech. Also, did the judge get on his tail for selling drugs during a missing child, (his child), investigation?

7. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

I hope this is a strategy that Misty gets 30-60 years, she & Tommy will be pi$$ed off enough to finally open her mouth.

8. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

If Misty knew, her lips would have have flapping long ago, in my opinion

9. tragco

tragco Member

I still hope for justice for Haleigh. Putting that aside for today, assuming only drug related charges, this sentence was completely biased when you look at what the others got and what their priors were.

The judge knows he can't pay $150,000 in jail. So far, I haven't heard he even gave an admonishment to the defendant.

10. lil momma

lil momma New Member

BBM :)

Do you have a link from LE stating Ron isn't a suspect in HaLeigh's death? The last i heard from Shoemaker (Ron's Attorney) that Ron was moved down on the list of suspects. (i really don't recall LE ever stating Ron isn't a suspect, but have been wrong) I may have missed something.

TIA

11. Flossie JMO

Flossie JMO New Member

Very sad news.

12. Zoe Bogart

Zoe Bogart Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

I haven't been around much because this case upsets me beyond belief, and the Anthony case is a joke with all the "unusual" attorneys jumping on her band wagon right and left, not to mention poor Kyron, Gabriel, and others who are God knows where..........

Just a little while ago I remembered RC's court date today so came here to check. Thankfully I didn't have to wait all day to find out. Thanks for being on top of it, everyone.

I've always felt LE and the State's Attorneys on the case were truly wanting justice for Haleigh. Now I don't think so. Where was the lecture RC should have gotten for endangering his children, and then ultimately endangering Butterbean after Haleigh was "took"? Why cut a deal with an "unusual" person who couldn't be bothered to spill information for 20 months but now that HIS life is on the line, he's going to tell what he knows? Why give RC the same sentence as the ones who had less drugs than him? Why give him such a light sentence compared to his charges and that of the others? Why allow him a deal when he's the one who put his child's life in danger by doing drugs in the first place?

Sure, Tommy has kids but TC's kids aren't missing. RC had a responsibility to Haleigh and to Butterbean, and he failed them miserably. He didn't even make an honest effort to search for his missing daughter and Butterbean was just an interruption in his drug-dealing lifestyle. Where is his lecture? Where is his rightful punishment?

:furious: Something is rotten in Putnam County! :furious:

13. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

Sorry I had missed your post, that is the only thing I can think of too and it may just work. I hope if it doesn't...:banghead:

14. badme102

badme102 Former Member

Yes it is. Its "sad" that Ron made a deal on his daughters dead body to save his own azz. That is VERY sad.

15. Dr.Fessel

Dr.Fessel New Member

Yes it is when the grandmother forgets about the other grandson.

"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."

16. littebudot

littebudot New Member

I feel sick to my stomach!! LE or somebody in Putnam County is crooked!!

17. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

PALATKA, Fla. -- The father of the little girl who vanished in 2009, sparking an Amber alert that thrust the town of Satsuma into the national spotlight has learned his sentence on drug charges.

Ronald Cummings agreed to plead guilty to three of the five drug cases against him in August, in exchange for two of the cases being dropped.

This morning, he was sentenced to three years and a $50,000 fine, 15 years and a $100,000 fine, and 15 years in the three cases, to be served concurrently.

more
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541

18. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

Now that's just plain wrong.

19. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

I wish Haleigh had gotten 15 years..........

20. Zoe Bogart

Zoe Bogart Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

That's what has most of us upset. Why ding the 15-years bell for everyone when some have just one charge, others three, and RC with his higher amounts plus additional charges and a rap sheet a mile long, plus he was dealing while HIS child was missing and he was responsible for another in his care?

Something is NOT RIGHT.