Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

JMO it has nothing to do with upbringing. I had a wonderful upbringing, and also have never been in jail or prison. Although not sure what you mean about your opinion being based on your upbringing. JMO I would never bash anyone for ended up in prison for drug related matters, or be an advocate for what I believe is inhumane treatment, be it Fl convict or Ron, Misty, Hope, Tommy or Donna. Jail and prison are not for petty drug crimes imo.

Petty drug crimes? Luckily Florida legislatures & governor did not think so when they established minimum mandatory sentences.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I've got to ask this. Are the initials you are using for real? If *advertiser censored* is correct, I'm wondering how I missed that......LOL.

Yes, those are Annette's initials. Technically though, since her first name is really Dorothy and she's been married several times, we could say her initials are DASSWS. But that's a bit much. :wink: She does seem to like the letter "S", however. :crazy:

Yes, those are Annette's initials. Technically though, since her first name is really Dorothy and she's been married several times, we could say her initials are DASSWS. But that's a bit much. :wink: She does seem to like the letter "S", however. :crazy:

It's true! It's true, laughter is the best medicine. I feel better already. Thank you Doc.

JMO it has nothing to do with upbringing. I had a wonderful upbringing, and also have never been in jail or prison. Although not sure what you mean about your opinion being based on your upbringing. JMO I would never bash anyone for ended up in prison for drug related matters, or be an advocate for what I believe is inhumane treatment, be it Fl convict or Ron, Misty, Hope, Tommy or Donna. Jail and prison are not for petty drug crimes imo.
Thanks for your post. I don't know a lot about prisons, but what I do know, I don't like. I'd much rather see child molesters and murderers, overcrowding the cells...but this is not the case. I guess the drug cases are easier to convict, so they stick it to them. My brother's best high school friend, just got busted for trafficking. He wasn't dealing, but over an 18 month period, they got him buying cold medicine, until the amounts piled up, and then charged him. It just doesn't seem constitutional. If LE knows someone is committing a crime, they should have to arrest him. Them waiting 18 months, shows, IMO, he was no threat to society. Anyway, this man is 50 years old, and is looking at 10 years. Yes, I know he shouldn't have been committing crimes, but I've seen child molesters get probation. JMO.

Thanks for your post. I don't know a lot about prisons, but what I do know, I don't like. I'd much rather see child molesters and murderers, overcrowding the cells...but this is not the case. I guess the drug cases are easier to convict, so they stick it to them. My brother's best high school friend, just got busted for trafficking. He wasn't dealing, but over an 18 month period, they got him buying cold medicine, until the amounts piled up, and then charged him. It just doesn't seem constitutional. If LE knows someone is committing a crime, they should have to arrest him. Them waiting 18 months, shows, IMO, he was no threat to society. Anyway, this man is 50 years old, and is looking at 10 years. Yes, I know he shouldn't have been committing crimes, but I've seen child molesters get probation. JMO.

The war on drugs has become the war against drug addicts.. our prisons are overcrowded because of it. It's a sorry world we live in when people are proud of that fact and want to shackle and muzzle them in sound proof cells.

Petty drug crimes? Luckily Florida legislatures & governor did not think so when they established minimum mandatory sentences.

Perhaps there would be more room for the sex offenders and rapists they keep letting out because of over crowding if they tried rehabilitation a tad more often with those sentenced to 15 years for possessing some pills not prescribed to them or other petty drug crimes.

I went to prison for whooping my cousin's abusive boyfriend, surely I don't deserve torture LOL!

I called it justice.
However when ppl look me up it says "AGG BATTERY W/ DEADLY WEAPON"

:banghead:

Ahh, refreshing.. welcome! What society seems to forget is that jail and prison weren't meant to be all about punishing and demeaning those convicted of crimes but about their rehabilitation, growth and change.

I am a convicted felon and I'm here to tell you (not you specifically lol) we will not change our ways if you throw us in a cage, take away all of our rights and treat us like animals and then unlock those cage doors and let us free back into society. If anything.. it makes many of us worse! Life is different behind bars and if you take away our rights as humans we will forget what being human feels like.. society should be very thoughtful about what it wishes for it's convicts because most of us will get out one day. Wouldn't you all rather we be rehabilitated when we land back on your streets?
Yeah, rehab is important. Before ya get released, you get put into a re-entry program to help prepare u for society, but it's basically a workbook they give you. It is useless...such a shame.

There are a few prisons designed for re-entry. The best one I heard about was Demilly CI in Polk County, FL.
I heard this from a guy who was there.

He said at Demilly there is like 350 inmates max and it's all about re-entry for those who will live in central FL and have 3 yrs or less left on their sentence. He said the warden, almost everyday, would ask random inmates to repeat the "mission statement" or whatever...basically saying "I will re-enter society and contribute to the best of my abilities, sir!" or somethin like that.
He said the staff does not tolerate any dumb stuff and will send you out ASAP if need be. He said the only "bad" thing is it's extremely boring because there's no drama LOL.

I asked him how the heck did he get kicked out of there and he said it was because of disrespect, smh.

Anyways that place sounds like how a prison should be run...all about rehabilitation.

He didn't tell me much more about it other than that bit of info...

Thanks for asking, I was wondering the same things, saved me some typing!

I wondered if FL Convict knows or can speculate why RC would go to the RMC after he left Wakulla Annex (it was for around 24 hrs.) but before he went back to Liberty CI? TIA

the reception centers are stopping points as well. Prisons don't transfer directly. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are when you can be transferred either to reception or to your permanent prison from reception.
For most counties, Tues and Thur are the days you leave county jail to go to the reception center.

When reception is a stopping point(as in RC's case), the stay usually lasts no more than a week. Alot of times it's only a 2 day process...so if you get sent back on Monday, then Wed you should be off to another prison.

I have no idea why RC did not last long at Wakulla Annex. I can only assume he did not cooperate. I doubt he completed the program in 1 day. LOL no way.

Florida is obviously very different than CA but I'll take a stab at it and say they have to go back to RMC because the prisons typically don't hold your bed. They are waiting to be reassigned or assigned a new bed....just guessing

Nah, reception centers are stopping points as well, see above for more info.

Oh and at all 4 reception centers(and their respective units or annexes) there are about 100-200 permanent inmates there to keep the prison running. The rest all get shipped to their perm. prisons.

Thanks to all our "prison informants" or "insiders" who can give us the scoop. My knowledge of our corrections systems is only by association - lots of relatives who were police officers, deputies, sheriffs, and police chiefs. No behind bars experience here. My only brushes with the law were two parking tickets, and even then, I didn't come face to face with the officer, just had a surprise waiting on my windshield. But that was decades ago.

I have been to police stations to meet a relative or drop something off, and once I was sent on a job interview at the federal prison in Atlanta which made me extremely uncomfortable even though I was told I'd only work in the front offices with the warden. I chose instead to accept a librarian's position at the public library - one of my favorite jobs ever!

This much I do know from my various LE relatives and acquaitances: If one must go to prison, the best ones are the federal penitentiaries. Everything is better there - cleaner, better food, more activities, many have better visiting hours and visiting conditions (not all), etc. It's also better to be with tax evaders, embezzlers, white collar criminals, than it is to be with druggies, murderers, and gang members. Now this was a few decades ago, but I was told they were able to separate the types of crimes better at the federal level. So I guess the moral is to steal from Uncle Sam and not from your uncle named Sam, to rob an FDIC bank rather than a local convenience store, kill a govenment politico instead of the average guy next door.

State and county prisons are horrible and usually more strapped for funds, so more suffering for the inmates. Of course, hard labor, maximum security is no fun either no matter what level.

Local jails can be tough but most are better than being sent to a state prison. Local jails are NOT like the one in Mayberry.

Underhanded things go on in most all jails/prisons.

I'm told there are no more "county club" prisons like the ones Nixon's Watergate cronies spent time. Sorry, Ron. Although, some may still exist. I dunno.

Almost forgot, guards sneak things into prisons and take a cut! :eek: Where's the rehabilitation? Where's the job training? I know prisons are supposed to be punishment, but wouldn't it be wise to re-train the inmates to become productive, law-abiding citizens? Shouldn't Ronald, Misty, Hope, Donna, and Tommy be making good use of their time by furthering their educations? Shouldn't Misty be learning to read and write at her age level???? Can you imagine what they'll be like after their release with no formal training and no moral compass?

I always heard the federal pens are "better", but keep in mind that may change as I hear more gangs are gettin thrown in there through federal RICO charges.....there are RICO inmates in state prison too tho... it just depends on who does the investigation.

Oh and yeah there are corrupt guards in FL. Our DOC is SO corrupt. We have guards dealing drugs, watching child *advertiser censored*, beating people, etc etc

Those are just some of the charges brought upon them.

From what I've read and seen on tv, women's prisons are better. When they were all 1st locked up, I was surprised at how sparse the programs were at Ron's prison, compared to Misty's. As outsiders, we kind of assume that the programs are there, and available to everyone, but that isn't the case. I can't imagine doing 15 years in a place like that. It's ironic that Misty, who got the longest sentence, seems to be suffering the least. JMO.

I've heard the women's prisons are more "peaceful" but women are family oriented so it is no surprise. This does not mean those prisons don't suck though. It just means that there may be less fights.

As for the programs, don't be fooled. The prisons have to offer the programs, but if there is no teacher for them then that prison will not have said program.

My Response is in red.

I've never been to jail or prison as I don't commit crimes that would get me there.
I know I'm harsh, must be my up-bringing. I want to thank you for your honesty and coming to educate us on jail/prison soceity.

Florida's recidivism rate is 33% which is fairly low. that means 330 out of every 1000 go back within 3 yrs. Pretty low.

FL is strict as ffffff which is why our population goes up every year. In 2009 we had 99,000 people in prison. Now we have nearly 104,000. We are projected to be between 150,000 and 200,000 by 2020. New prisons are being built and one just opened 11 months ago. We lead the planet in amount of facilities and we don't have an overcrowding problem because of it yet more are being built!!! :banghead:

Oh and I had to do what I did...or else my cousin would be dead. dude was threatening to kill her, etc....he was a psycho.

Casey with a radio? Well she was in county jail and I do NOT remember my county jail having that. They probably did....

oh and to help inmates deal with the no tobacco rule, they are now allowing MP3s to be bought, but I don't know the process in which to get songs.

This was decided this year and I am sure it's to make sure ppl(tobacco addicts) don't go crazy.

Yeah there were some spoiled rich kids in prison too.

There are alot of people in for drug dealing, trafficking, possession, but there are also a ton in for violent crimes.
FL has zero tolerance. I just wish Floridians would understand this. They keep commenting on criminal articles acting like FL isn't 3rd in the country in prison population and doesn't rise every year or something!!!

FL has mandatory minimums for dang near everything too! When you research deep enough, you will find there is no room for error. I am not picking sides as to whether it's bad or not, but it's annoying when Floridians act like we're soft. We're NOT...far from it! There are people in the judicial system in this state against it. Heck, we don't even have parole! :( lol

Like I said, not complaining or taking sides, just stating.

Perhaps there would be more room for the sex offenders and rapists they keep letting out because of over crowding if they tried rehabilitation a tad more often with those sentenced to 15 years for possessing some pills not prescribed to them or other petty drug crimes.

Sex crimes are prosecuted to the fullest extent here in FL. If you molest a child under 12(life felony), you have to be sentenced to a mandatory minimum of 25 years in state prison. The maximum is life. If you get a term of years then you have to be given lifetime sex offender probation. The dangerous sexual felony offender act can also be tagged to sex crimes where an injury occured, threats, multiple victims, etc. That tag places the same mando min and other terms that I just mentioned.

If someone were to get less than the mandatory minimum then that is because the state attorney waived the mandatory minimum. The reason is most likely because he or she feels they may lose at trial due to no evidence, or very little, and so they waive that mando min and offer a plea of lets say 10 yrs in prison or something. The defendant is gonna look at like "if I go to trial and lose, I could get life....10 years sounds good!"

Florida runs on a point system. A dang number tells you if you go to prison LOL.
There's much more to it than that, but that sentence summed it up LOL.

Seems to me Florida County jails are pretty darn cush... And there State Prisons are harsh compared to California. Every inmate would say they never want to go to 'County "EVER". County out here is a hezz hole. Inmates count the days till they can get to State.

Casey was like a pampered pet in jail...never saw anything like it. She should have been shipped to State early in the game when she did the check fraud. She got a single cell and that earned her 1/3 time...GMAB~ Inmates would give anything to have a single cell. She played those guards, too, at least the ones I saw testify.

Florida is very different.

Sometimes on "Lock up" on TV, it shows where I worked. At times I recognize some of the inmates. At least in CA, it is nothing like you think. From 8:00 to 5:00, all inmates can go anywhere they like. Cell doors are open and they can go to any floor, visit, work, talk, play games, go to therapy (offered all day) and school. There is always a MH staff available as the doors are open and they are on every tier. Inmates can talk with them whenever they like. Despite the fact that they are treated fairly well, there are many staff assaults. Some inmates are just plain crazy and unpredictable. The place I worked had the highest staff assaults in the system despite giving many privileges. This was due to the type of inmates housed there. Most of the population had a MH tag. Of course drug addiction and alcohol addiction is considered that so we had a huge population. As it stands now there are 4,000 inmates....

Seriously, I have lost family members to drug abuse, and let me tell you, they may have had an addiction, but the ones making these drugs available are just as much as the problem and the laize faire attitude like drugs isnt that big of a deal boggles my mind. I agree with you about rapists and killers, but have you seen how meth can hurt families? It may seem unfair and minor, but its not. Haleigh is DEAD over drugs, one way or another, the people taking care of her were using drugs, its the root of all of this.

jmo

You know Dodie your post made me think of the all the RSOs in Florida in general, and specifically around the home HaLeigh lived in, that walk free :( Handful of pills, lock ya up, but abuse/rape/ molest babies, hey walk around free. Florida's "justice" system needs a major overhaul. JMO No comparison imo/ime.

You know Dodie your post made me think of the all the RSOs in Florida in general, and specifically around the home HaLeigh lived in, that walk free :( Handful of pills, lock ya up, but abuse/rape/ molest babies, hey walk around free. Florida's "justice" system needs a major overhaul. JMO No comparison imo/ime.

Hi Flossie! :seeya:

I couldn't agree with you more :)

Lord have mercy...if they are prosecuting folks for cold medicine...they gonna lock me up...compromised immune system due to CEBV...need the Theraflu Max D about once every other month...buy four at a time and they take my license number. I hate Meth and what it does to families....but I do need the cold medicine and take benadryl every night too. I better look out for the law. Crap.

A few pills? There were multiple charges for multiple events which met the Florida standards for the sentences they received. And it doesn't take rocket science to understand that these were only part of the sales and drugs that these criminals participated in.

And there is a definitely link between drugs and other crimes, so it doesn't matter how/why they are off the street.

My only complaint is that taxpayers have to pay for them -- but then we're paying for a lot of deadbeats on the streets too.

Lord have mercy...if they are prosecuting folks for cold medicine...they gonna lock me up...compromised immune system due to CEBV...need the Theraflu Max D about once every other month...buy four at a time and they take my license number. I hate Meth and what it does to families....but I do need the cold medicine and take benadryl every night too. I better look out for the law. Crap.

Unfortunately it's the criminals that make it tough on the rest of us.

Hi Flossie! :seeya:

I couldn't agree with you more :)

Hi Lil Momma! :seeya:

thanks! it's such bs imo. I am embarrassed for them. The man mins are bs imo and the "war on drugs" and "just say no" crap. Reynolds, snod, sapp, loukakis, johns, God knows how many others.

Ya so much better Hope and Donna (as examples) are locked up. Shame on them imo.

My responses in red:

just about every person I know who has been to prison, has been in for drug related crimes. They were all, except for 1, non violent addicts.
If I'm not mistaken drugs will eventually make you violent, because you will do anything and I do mean anything to get that ultimate high.

I don't think they deserve to be treated like you suggest.
I do apologize for just jumping in and not explaining myself clearly. I base my opinions on watching shows like Lock Up on MSNBC. I would have levels for people who behave and accept and follow laws and whatever rehabilation I could provide for them. They have prisons in prison for petes sake. Ask yourself why? IMO it's because some people refuse to conform to our laws. They like being thugs because they can make a living at it on the streets and prison too, IE forcing inmates to pay rent to another inmate who dosen't even own where the inmates are housed.

The 1 person I know who was violent, used his fists, and the violence, if not legally justified, was asked for, IMO.
So it's okay for a person to use violence if it's asked for? But to shackle and muzzle a inmate when out of their cell is not okay? Hummm?

It didn't hurt that the victim's mother worked for the DA.
[COLOR="red"Yup, I've seen garbage like that happen too and it makes me livid.[/COLOR]

In every one of these cases ecept the 1, the only people they hurt, were themselves.
[COLOR="red"]Really? They didn't have relitives or friends that love them and they didn't steal, lie and minipulate them to get what they wanted? Nope, not buying that.[/COLOR]

If it wasn't for the Haleigh case, I wouldn't want to see these people serve these long sentences. Some day, I hope to see their sentences fit their crimes. I do agree that drug addicts do get more time then murderers at times and that does sicken me.

Just a few days ago, here in my town, a police officer and his wife, (who works for the county clerk), were arrested for molesting the woman's 11 year old daughter. Besides wondering what in the world the mother did, I'm interested to see what kind of punishment they receive. If found guilty, (and according to reports, the evidence is there), I doubt very strongly that the mother will get 25 years. They'll probably drop her charges, so she can testify against her husband... and she'll get her kids back.
Yup. I've seen those kinds of things too. If I ruled the justice system neither one of them would see the light of day again in their lives. It makes me so sick when a mother can get away with a lighter sentence then the husband just because she flips on him. She knew what was going on, maybe particapated. Either way she should have protected the child at all costs.

And I bet her daughters have a dad who would love the chance to raise them, but was never given the chance. JMO
Whoever has them I hope they can provide a safe loving home to finish growing up in. It will affect the child/children all through their life/lives.

Thanks for giving me a voice to express my opinions.

Thank you for your opinion as we learn something new every day.
My up-bringing has everything to do with who I am today including my point of view.
As young children we found 4 weird capsule things on the school bus. We gave them to our parents who in turn called the cops. They came out to our house and I can't remember what all was said but I do remember the cop saying he didn't think it was drugs. That experience alone taught me to never abuse drugs.

My Mom had left 4 stacks of 10 pennies on her end table before she went to bed one night because she was going to buy a pack of cigarettes from a neighbor who came to visit every day. Because there were 4 of us kids and milk was 10 cents at school in my young mind I thought she left it there for us (I actually should have known it wasn't for us as she seldom if ever gave us milk money) so I took my share. Well, let me tell you it was a lesson I never forgot. I have never taken anything since then that didn't belong to me.

When I was 8 years old my 17 year old cousin was murdered by her new husbands step father. He only served 5 years. Andddd he was a known pedifile at least to his family as he molested both of his daughters. That's justice for ya isn't it? Yeah, her murder has had a profound affect on my life. Had I been in charge of the justice system he would have been one of those that would be shackled and muzzled when out of his sound proof cell and would have never seen the light of day again.

I'm in no way perfect that's for sure, But I know right from wrong. A drug abuser had the choice to take the drug in the first place and I bet they knew right from wrong too.

I'd also like to add that I do believe some people can be rehabed such as OneLostGirl and she takes full responsability for what she has done and I can tell you she will go far in her life and I'd be the first one to stand and cheer for her. I am very proud of her.

My responses in red:

Whoever has them I hope they can provide a safe loving home to finish growing up in. It will affect the child/children all through their life/lives.

Thanks for giving me a voice to express my opinions.
This lady posted bond the same day she was arrested, and I'm real worried that she's using her freedom as a way to influence her daughter's stories. My dd's 9, and I can see how easy it would be to manipulate a young girl, who just wants things to be ok with her mom. My older dd got arrested for fighting with her bf, and they both, by law, had to stay locked up for 2 days, to 'cool off'. Her charges were later dropped, but it didn't stop the law from taking precautions. I can't believe that someone charged with such a horrific crime, isn't made to 'cool off'. This lady's bond was $100,000 and her husband, the cop/preacher's is $200,000.

This lady posted bond the same day she was arrested, and I'm real worried that she's using her freedom as a way to influence her daughter's stories. My dd's 9, and I can see how easy it would be to manipulate a young girl, who just wants things to be ok with her mom. My older dd got arrested for fighting with her bf, and they both, by law, had to stay locked up for 2 days, to 'cool off'. Her charges were later dropped, but it didn't stop the law from taking precautions. I can't believe that someone charged with such a horrific crime, isn't made to 'cool off'. This lady's bond was $100,000 and her husband, the cop/preacher's is $200,000.

Do you know if she is in contact with her children? I sooo hope not. I hate people who harm children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back