Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

But whats the point of cracking down on those drugs when the hardest and most harmful to you and OTHER PEOPLE is in your local store.

Who claims 50 times more lives than all the illegal drugs combined? Who costs the American people 130 billion dollars every year to mop up it's blood-bath of human slaughter? Who destroys 1 in every 4 families in America? Who kills over 200,000 Americans each year? Is it crack? Is it cocaine? Could it be heroin?

No, the undisputed heavy-weight champion of the drug world and number one killer of Americans is ALCOHOL!

And nobody dares utter a peep!

THANKS TO ALCOHOL . . .
There are over 18 million alcoholics in America.
Cirrhosis of the liver kills over 30,000 each year and rising.
50 percent of the people on welfare are due to alcohol.
80 percent of all fire deaths are due to alcohol.
65 percent of the drownings
22 percent of home accidents
77 percent of falls
36 percent of pedestrian accidents
65 percent of all murders
40 percent of all assaults
35 percent of all rapes
30 percent of other sex crimes
30 percent of all suicides
Over 80 percent of all arrests are linked to alcohol!

And one of the most disturbing statistics of all - 60 PERCENT OF ALL CHILD ABUSE IS DUE TO ALCOHOL!

Every major organ in your body is poisoned by alcohol. According to The Birmingham News (Nov. 19, 1990), "Scientific data show alcohol is THE MOST PHYSICALLY DETERIORATING drug there is. It causes more organic damage than any other drug. . ."Why is it when people get drunk, they have a tendency to vomit? Because your stomach knows POISON when it comes down! No wonder the bartender says, "NAME YOUR POISON"! When a man is drunk, he is INTOXICATED. Do you know what a TOXIC is? IT IS A POISON! A drunk man is a man who has LITERALLY POISONED HIMSELF!

Scientists have only recently discovered the physical process that creates the slurred speech and drunken stupor. Once in the blood stream, alcohol causes a coagulation of the red corpuscles referred to as "sludging". The blood thickens so that it cannot flow freely and clogs the metabolic exchange of life-giving oxygen. And when cells are deprived of oxygen - THEY DIE! And because brain cells require a high oxygen supply continuously, they are particularly vulnerable! And brain cells are the only cells that do not reproduce! Brain cells destroyed are never replaced! Autopsies performed on drinkers, often reveal hollow cavities in the skull, where ENTIRE CONVOLUTIONS OF THE BRAIN HAVE DISAPPEARED! And according to studies by Dr. Melvin H. Kinsley, brain damage occurs progressively from THE VERY FIRST DRINK! The next time you see that man staggering drunk - YOU ARE WATCHING A MAN LITERALLY DESTROYING HIS BRAIN!
You're right about alcohol. When my dd was 18, she got a job at a restaurant. They made this teenager, their main bartender. She couldn't legally walk into a liquor store, but it was a ok for her to mix, prepare and sell the liquor. This restaurant had a 5 drink limit. I don't know about anybody else, but if I drank 5 margeritas, I'd be plastered to the sidewalk. And one of the margerita's ingredients, was everclear! But these restaurants sell liqour, watch you get drunk, and then send you on your way. The same thing with bars. You get wasted, and they cut you off and kick you out...out on the streets you go, for anything to happen. At the restaurant, the least my dd ever made in a shift, was $80 in tips. She worked with several college graduates...teachers, coaches, business degrees, but they preferred waiting tables. The money is just too good. At the bar where she now works, she has never had less than a $100 shift, and most nights are between 2 and 3 hundred. They get off too late to go to the bank, so the money piles up. She leaves loose money everywhere. One day, I gathered up all I could find, and she had over a $1,000! I'm scared to death somebody is going to get wind of what she earns, and follow her home, rob her, or break into our house, or worse. Anyway, my point is that there's a LOT of money in alcohol sales. If the bartenders and waitresses are doing this well, I can't imagine what the bar owners and alcohol companies are earning. It's scary really. There's so much money in alcohol, that our economy might collapse without it! Seriously, it can be a wicked thing, but I don't see it going anywhere.

I'm a social worker in Arkansas, presently getting my masters in voc rehab with an emphasis on psychiatric rehabilitation. I did an undergrad internship at the Department of Correction (women), and I wholeheartedly agree that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Many of the women in the DCC had mental health issues that had gone untreated or under-treated. Many were there due to self-medication issues. The program at this particular prison was wonderful...based on cognitive behavioral therapy. I saw a number of women learn tools and skills to change their lives and cope with the pressures of daily living in the outside world. They were required to obtain their GED (if they'd quit high school), and they were given resources for finding jobs once they got out. BUT we also need more employers willing to take a chance on soft-offenders and give them jobs. Otherwise many offenders will feel the need to return to crime to supply their basic needs.

I've also worked with the homeless population, many of whom have mental health issues that have long gone untreated. Trying to find them affordable, consistent therapy is like finding a needle in a haystack. How much more economical it would be to invest in their recovery than to house them in prisons!!!

Bless you! I am one of the very people are learning how to help. I had untreated bipolar disorder, was raised by personality disordered and drug addicted parents who saw crime as a "you gotta do what you gotta do" type deal. I started taking my mothers pills at 12 years old.. I never learned any coping skills except for what I learned from my mom and that was "I'm just gonna go f'ing kill myself" or take a pill the doctor gave her to "cope". I ending up coping just like her. You don't have to be personality disordered to behave like a person with a personality disorder, they can also be learned behaviors. So Cognitive behavioral therapy isn't just useful for those with personality disorders but the people they have infected. It can do amazing things for person, if they work it. Please don't ever in give in to the system, many of us can be functioning members of society.

Yes for you its is because your not an alcoholic or an addict. Any medical doctor will tell you the same that these people have lost the power to choose whether they will or not on self will. Only power comes from a powerful creator or other higher power. See the thing the normal people don't understand is that normal people drink or use to get drunk or high, but REAL alcoholics and addicts drink or drug to get right or normal. Unless you are one you would never understand it.

Amen

That's the hardest part of getting clean, for many, drugs are all they have ever known.. it's their only normal.

I think that some people are seeing only the good which is nice but reality is very different. Tthe inmates I have had contact with are the worst of the worst. The public has no idea of how truly bad many of them are. These inmates are social misfits who prey on society. I am getting the impression the female prisons are an entirely different ballgame.

For the most part, no education would help them. They are beyond that. They have been so abused throughout childhood, they are damaged beyond repair. I am talking serial killers, baby rapists, murderers, etc.. My experience has not shown the benefit of the things spoken here and how it would help. Reading their files about childhood history is like reading a war story.

They are offered an awful lot of education, voc training, etc., at least where I am located but none of it has improved their situation. It is a revolving door. Once they reach the age of 40 and have nine incarcerations, many seem to straighten up.

Bold is mine..

Which is why I was sure to state that "I'm not talking about violent criminals here". Addicts don't belong with child rapists and murderers

I've committed and been convicted of 3 felonies. I've also turned my life around, no longer do drugs (I didn't do street drugs, mine were straight from the legal drug pushers ) or commit any crimes. I have raised a law abiding, drug free child almost into adulthood (my son is 17), taught him to have respect for the laws, even if they are dumb and make no sense to him.. have taught him to respect his fellow man. I have held him accountable for his actions and have taught him coping skills so if he should ever run into issues in his life he will know how to cope properly and not use self defeating coping mechanisms as a way of life.

I have been with the same man, my husband and son's father, since I was 19 years old, I take care of my mother and my father in law who can no longer care for themselves and I am enrolling in college in about 2 weeks.

Shoulda kept me locked up in a sound proof cell, muzzled for the rest of my life.. that would have really been better for society and tax payers. :crazy:

I don't agree with your last sentence .You have turned your life around and turned out to be a great person , and don't let anyone tell you otherwise . Congrats on going to college . :)

Bold is mine..

Which is why I was sure to state that "I'm not talking about violent criminals here". Addicts don't belong with child rapists and murderers

I just wanna say that I think what you did with your life is exactly what the prison system is suppose to do. I am guessing you had support from family and friends and a genuine desire to not go back. Kuddos for you for changing your life and beating the odds.

Although Ron and company are not convicted of violent crimes. They are directly responsible for the demise of an innocent child and drugs kill. Dealers kill. They might not shoot or stab someone directly but they kill just the same. In my community we bury one or two people a week from overdose. Kids that didn't get the dope at home or from a doctor. They were gotten from the likes of Ron and company.

Again, I applaud your experience and what you made of it.

Bless you! I am one of the very people are learning how to help. I had untreated bipolar disorder, was raised by personality disordered and drug addicted parents who saw crime as a "you gotta do what you gotta do" type deal. I started taking my mothers pills at 12 years old.. I never learned any coping skills except for what I learned from my mom and that was "I'm just gonna go f'ing kill myself" or take a pill the doctor gave her to "cope". I ending up coping just like her. You don't have to be personality disordered to behave like a person with a personality disorder, they can also be learned behaviors. So Cognitive behavioral therapy isn't just useful for those with personality disorders but the people they have infected. It can do amazing things for person, if they work it. Please don't ever in give in to the system, many of us can be functioning members of society.
Your life sounds almost like my oldest, dearest friend's. She was raised by an alcoholic father, who left on drinking binges, and a mother who broke her back, to make things look normal. She refused any kind of a handout, so there was never any money, and a lot of times there was no food. Our brothers were best friends, so we all hung out, and they used to come over for a lot of meals. My dad was great. He did most of the cooking, and the more the merrier. Not too long ago, some old friends, who often wouldn't have eaten if not for Dad, started a facebook page about his cooking. Anyway, my friend has been through he@% and back...an alcoholic, drug addict, including crack, moved around everywhere, been to the pen several times, probably even prostituted, and was arrested so many times, she lost count...everything from dealing drugs, to harboring fugitives, fighting, you name it. She of course, lost her kids in the process. During those lost years, I was mad as he%# at her, but I never stopped caring and worrying. Well, here she is, in her 40s, and finally, thank Jesus, clean and sober. She's in constant therapy and meetings, has a decent job, and is enrolled in college. It's a wonder she's still alive, but she is, and for the past 4 years, she has been trying to build a relationship with her kids. They don't know her as Mom, and it has been hard, but she refuses to give up. At times, they have treated her like dirt, and ignored and excluded her, but she hangs in there and accepts what she can get.

I just wanna say that I think what you did with your life is exactly what the prison system is suppose to do. I am guessing you had support from family and friends and a genuine desire to not go back. Kuddos for you for changing your life and beating the odds.

Although Ron and company are not convicted of violent crimes. They are directly responsible for the demise of an innocent child and drugs kill. Dealers kill. They might not shoot or stab someone directly but they kill just the same. In my community we bury one or two people a week from overdose. Kids that didn't get the dope at home or from a doctor. They were gotten from the likes of Ron and company.

Again, I applaud your experience and what you made of it.

You are right.. drugs kill, I agree completely. I hope I'm not coming across here as pro-criminal, because I'm not- I'm a huge believer in people being held accountable for their actions. I'm just trying to share the story from the other side and explain that not all criminals are evil monsters.

Your life sounds almost like my oldest, dearest friend's. She was raised by an alcoholic father, who left on drinking binges, and a mother who broke her back, to make things look normal. She refused any kind of a handout, so there was never any money, and a lot of times there was no food. Our brothers were best friends, so we all hung out, and they used to come over for a lot of meals. My dad was great. He did most of the cooking, and the more the merrier. Not too long ago, some old friends, who often wouldn't have eaten if not for Dad, started a facebook page about his cooking. Anyway, my friend has been through he@% and back...an alcoholic, drug addict, including crack, moved around everywhere, been to the pen several times, probably even prostituted, and was arrested so many times, she lost count...everything from dealing drugs, to harboring fugitives, fighting, you name it. She of course, lost her kids in the process. During those lost years, I was mad as he%# at her, but I never stopped caring and worrying. Well, here she is, in her 40s, and finally, thank Jesus, clean and sober. She's in constant therapy and meetings, has a decent job, and is enrolled in college. It's a wonder she's still alive, but she is, and for the past 4 years, she has been trying to build a relationship with her kids. They don't know her as Mom, and it has been hard, but she refuses to give up. At times, they have treated her like dirt, and ignored and excluded her, but she hangs in there and accepts what she can get.

Life is harder for some people to cope with and if you never learned how to cope it's so easy to just escape rather than try and figure it out. I'm glad she figured it out.. sounds like she's doing great!! ♥

I don't agree with your last sentence .You have turned your life around and turned out to be a great person , and don't let anyone tell you otherwise . Congrats on going to college . :)

:blowkiss:

what some of yall got to understand is alot of these drug offenders in prisons are TRAFFICKERs...that is beyond dealing. Dealing would be having a few pills...the crew had 1500 or so...

1500!!!!

this isn't about dealing weed, because that doesn't even score out to prison in FL...this is about having 1500 pills and dealing them.
or having pounds and pounds and pounds of coke, meth, etc....that is beyond regular dealing.

and yeah Whisperer is spot on, there are some baaaaad people in prison.

as for Whisperer's question about how can mando mins be lowered

well the charges can be amended by the state or they can offer a plea where the sentence is less than the mandatory minimum.

So basically the state could have offered a plea deal of probation to the crew. ..or less prison time...county jail time, etc...

When I first got booked for the charge...state attorney's first offer was a 12 by 3..i swear. 12 yrs state prison followed by 3 yrs felony probation.

I said "HECK NO"

The offer by the state was then lowered to exactly what I scored out to which was 8 yrs. No bite for me.

I was ready to go to trial because my cousin's psycho ex bf(victim) didn't wanna go to trial and the state wanted his help bad. State ended up offering several yrs of probation. I took it because if I went to trial and lost then I'd have opened up an opportunity to get the max(15 yrs) from the judge.

Took it then subsequently violated a yr later for missing a meeting with the officer. It was not intentional, but it doesn't matter. So i went to county, no bond was set, found to have "willfully" violated and wah lah judge sent me to prison.

also keep in mind that the state is not always so kind to waive a mandatory minimum. there are many factors involved.

just because they have the power does not mean they will use it. if ur facing a mando min then u should expect to do no less than that, but HOPE for a miracle.

there was a guy in a facility i was at that lost trial and got a life sentence at age 23 because he was a prison releasee reoffender. he had committed the crime within 3 yrs of his release from prison and it was a crime on the PRR list and it was a PBL(punishable by life) so he got the life sentence. He told me that the judge told him that he did not feel a life sentence was appropriate, but because the state attorney refused to waive the PRR tag, he had to sentence him to life...and he wished him well.

That's the thing some people in society and also those in the system have a problem with. You give all the power to the people whose job is to put people in prison. Some state attorneys view everyone as the same which is incorrect.

this just breaks my heart,,,,you know,,,sometimes children cant get beyond themselves,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to truly understand/know how their mother was raised,,,,how she broke out of the pattern,,,,oh to be so proud of her,,,,,,,
sorry this just somehow touched me deeply
jmo

My experience is in a prison for the criminally insane....need I say more? When I worked they threw the drug offenders in with the rest because the drug offenders wanted to get 1/2 time and convinced intake they had mental problems. All the drug offenders I saw were dealers and had committed many, many other crimes. From reading many heinous crimes, most if not all involved alcohol and some were drugs and alcohol but at that time it seemed alcohol was the catalyst.

We all come from a different perspective but this started out w/RC's problem and some insinuating he got the shaft because of mandatory minimums. RC got lucky not railroaded. If misty wanted he would be doing a lot more time..considering he was over 24 when he slept with her. He has a long history...and he was way overdue for prison. He knew it too..as he rattles off he knows he is going to go to prison and he doesn't care.

My point is rc and company deserved everything they got. The only one out of the bunch that got more than the minimum is Tommy and we don't know what the State has on him. It is a shame about Donna but she was a mature woman and she committed a crime. At least she took responsibility and she was the only one to do so.

My experience is in a prison for the criminally insane....need I say more? When I worked they threw the drug offenders in with the rest because the drug offenders wanted to get 1/2 time and convinced intake they had mental problems. All the drug offenders I saw were dealers and had committed many, many other crimes. From reading many heinous crimes, most if not all involved alcohol and some were drugs and alcohol but at that time it seemed alcohol was the catalyst.

We all come from a different perspective but this started out w/RC's problem and some insinuating he got the shaft because of mandatory minimums. RC got lucky not railroaded. If misty wanted he would be doing a lot more time..considering he was over 24 when he slept with her. He has a long history...and he was way overdue for prison. He knew it too..as he rattles off he knows he is going to go to prison and he doesn't care.

My point is rc and company deserved everything they got. The only one out of the bunch that got more than the minimum is Tommy and we don't know what the State has on him. It is a shame about Donna but she was a mature woman and she committed a crime. At least she took responsibility and she was the only one to do so.
I agree that they deserve everything they've gotten. After the Haleigh case is solved, I may feel differently, but maybe not. For instance..if Ron wasn't involved in Haleigh's disappearance, and isn't charged with anything, I don't want to see his drug charges reduced. He was given so many chances before this, I feel like he wore out his get out of jail free cards. Also, even if he's not culpable in Haleigh's death, it's MOO, that all of this could have been avoided if he had been more concerned with his kid's welfare, instead of his own lifestyle. IMO, it all comes back to him and his parenting. If Misty's not the perp, but was somehow involved, I don't want her freed. Honestly, the idea of her walking around free, freaks me out. If she was coerced or forced to participate, I'd like to see her get less time, but not walk away. Tommy, IMO, needs to spend every possible day in prison, that LE can stick to him. Even if he's not the perp, he has done nothing but bring this investigation to a standstill. And if JO, isn't guilty, Tommy needs to pay for setting him up. Anyway, my feelings in Haleigh's case affect the way I feel about the drug charges. When it's all said and done, I don't want them walking free. I'd like to see DB get out before she's an old lady, and if HS didn't have any involvement in Haleigh's disappearance, I hate that her bad attitude affected her sentencing. JMO

Or, he's a lot like Tim Miller, who went into the depths of despair after his child disappeared and developed a serious drinking problem. Anyone who loses a child like this really needs professional counseling to get through their grief and anger. If someone has the means, they can afford help. If they can't afford help, then there is a real danger they will end up drinking or abusing drugs. I feel very sorry for someone who winds up like this after losing a child.

Unless a person has lost a child...and especially through a violent murder..it is impossible to say how you would cope with it. When my daughter was murdered if I could stand the taste of alcohol I just might be an alcoholic today. If I liked the high from pain pills, etc, I might be a dope addict. When your child is murdered it feels like someone ripped out half of your heart and you wonder how it is possible that the other part is still beating. It is hard to understand and the only ones who could possibly understand it is those who have walked in the same shoes. What really makes me angry is those people who think that they know how they would react and judge others who aren't reacting the same way they would, In reality no one knows how they would cope until it happens. There are a lot of self rightous people in this world though, Thanks kampy for understanding.

I've a "better" one. Yep, we'll drop all the drug charges, but oh yea, there's the matter of murder.

He isn't guilty of murder so that is out! snip...Ron was at work according to law enforcement. If it is good enough for them it is good enough for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back