Ronald proposes to Misty

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by elle1919, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aprilshowers

aprilshowers New Member

Awwwwwwwww Robin, I was hoping you'd know I was jokin with ya. [​IMG]

=============

2. Absolutely Addicted

Absolutely Addicted New Member

I guess I haven't heard enough about their specific plans to form an opinion. For all we know, they could be getting married in front of the Justice of the Peace in the next 60 days, and waiting to do the ceremony/celebration or whatever they plan to do once Haleigh has been found.

I won't pass judgment, having never walked in their shoes...and I pray I never have to!

3. TopGunner

TopGunner Retired WS Staff

OK, thanks, I really didn't know..lol.

4. Indiana at Heart

Indiana at Heart Former Member

No worries

5. metalcrystal

metalcrystal Inactive

I get that you are very very supportive of this family. The point of my post is that when people are thrust into the national spotlight, they are going to be scrutinized by the public. And if they are unhappy with the way the media has presented them, all the more reason to keep a very low profile until the case is resolved, and use a lot of discretion about anything they say or do. None of us know them intimately, not even their neighbors, and their public behavior can possibly hold clues as to what happened to their child. Meaning maybe it would have been better to hold off on some of the things they want to do until they find Haileigh, keep the attention on her and not their personal life. It is human nature for all of us to form opinions, that's what message boards are all about.

6. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

Ron has a new truck???

7. Theonly1

Theonly1 New Member

Sorry--the subject of this thread that they are getting married! :) I was slow to post so over half-way through the thread I suppose it looks like I'm mentioning something else.

8. pittsburghgirl

pittsburghgirl Well-Known Member

I don't follow this case with close attention. But let's say this for Ron. He didn't take out a mortgage he can't afford and go into foreclosure. I grew up in a small town where it was hard to get a mortgage. He holds down a job that pays better than minimum wage and provides a home for his kids. My dad's sister lent him the little bit of money he needed to buy a house, and he worked every day from the time he left the army after WWII until he finally retired at 68. We never had a lot, but it wasn't because my father didn't work hard to rpovide or didn't care about his kids.

Time will tell who took Haleigh. Then we can get out the pitchforks and torches and call for someone's head on a plate. But the fact that people work hard and are living within their means, however modest, should be a plus on the character side. It's not the childrnen's mother who was raising two kids, one with medical issues. It's Ron.

And it is not only the children of the poor or working poor who are put in harm's way by the choices of their parents. Britney Spears comes to mind, as do all the children whose parents allowed them to go to Mexico on spring break this year. Or all the kids whose parents regardless of social class) drink themselves into a stupor after work, have affairs, or abuse their spouses/

JMO

9. Pedrosmom

Pedrosmom Well-Known Member

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, There are red flags going up all over the place here. He has a missing daughter and proposes marriage to a minor. This smells of spousal privilege. That is just bizarre. Neither one can be forced to testify against the other. The only two present in the home, aside from a minor. LE has got to be all over this like flies on stink.

bold is mine - should be double/triple bolded.

She's got something on him and he's got something on her, let's get married and none of it comes out.

10. KR2tonenow

KR2tonenow New Member

Even considering nuptials at this point in time, is totally preliminary. Ronald has alot on his plate and wedding planning shouldn't be one of them.

I love how these people just cry and snivel to the media, then when they are off camera they are getting tattoo's and eating at nice restaraunts and making wedding plans.!!! :(

VERY inappropriate to say the least.

Does Ronald even have somewhere to live????? I would think that to be his first priority. Oh yeah, how about finding his stolen daughter.

11. kiki the parrot

kiki the parrot Former Member

If you missed earlier posts, some of us (including LE evidently) feel examining the lifestyle and environment from which a child is known to have disappeared, including risk factors to which a child was exposed as well as inconsistencies in statements eg IS "getting on w finding Haleigh." Oh and just for the record Haleigh had 12 unexcused absences, 9 excused absences and 6 tardies from school during her abbreviated 1st half-year of school. It's surprising since you live w/in earshot that you've never heard any of the frequent yelling and cursing by dad which his former neighbor AmandaK reports overhearing and characterized as "verbal abuse." JMO

:parrot:

12. alwaysonmymind

Spousal privilege goes out the window if the crime was committed against a child. Someone posted a link of the Florida statute.

I don't think this would stop them from covering for each other. moo

13. Law_girl41

Law_girl41 Former Member

Anna- did you say here earlier that both sides of the camps have separate "people" helping them? Do they each have PR type of people?

I have this feeling ....{Cause I wasnt born yesterday!!!}....wasnt it reported by Anna Fl that "both" families have PR people etc.....just so interesting to me, all this "damage control".
    I just have to say this about the players in this case......."you can put lipstick on a Pig, it is still a Pig" .IMO. I won't be swayed here.

14. roseofsharon

roseofsharon Active Member

Did I miss something? Was this ring Ronald's grandmother's or another relatives? Where was this ring bought and for how much?? Wouldn't this money be far better spent at this time if it were given to organizations who help untirelessly trying to locate missing children.

OMG if my child disappeared in the night, I would not be unable to sleep, eat, barely breath, let alone get engaged and start planning a wedding. Misty apparently said this is what Hayleigh would want -- give me a break -- Hayleigh is still a baby -- not a teenager with the blended family experience.

I just don't get it!!!!, but the above is just my own thoughts and opinion.

15. Pedrosmom

Pedrosmom Well-Known Member

It can be waived, not taken away.

16. alwaysonmymind

Ring is a family heirloom. ITA

17. kiki the parrot

kiki the parrot Former Member

We're also instructed, "To everthing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to dance, and a time to mourn... a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing... a time to speak, and a time to keep silence..." (ah, the wisdom of Solomon.) JMO

:parrot:

18. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

So is what I heard true yesterday on HLN...that LE told "the family" that if they don't move back into the trailer, they'll be asked to leave the area?

19. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

ITA...it's inappropriate in my opinion. And no, I am not without sin in my life, but know there is a time and place for everything. This is neither the time nor the place. Again, JMO.

20. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

If the victim is the child of either spouse you cannot claim spousal privilege in Florida. The statute was very specific. It also does not apply to knowledge gained prior to the date of marriage so it is not an issue in this situation either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.