Ronald proposes to Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing that came into my mind was that RC was trying to protect himself from future charges from being with a minor. Second was the rights they would have as husband and wife if they ever had to go to court they could not testify against each other. This is really odd and I feel this is inappropriate. Haleigh is still missing and the last thing on Ronald's mind should be getting married to someone who pretty much lost his child. She was the last one home and for what ever reason the child went missing.

Misty claims Haleigh wanted this marriage and wanted to call her mom? Did I also read that right?
I to have step children and I never asked them to call me Mom...Mommy...or Mother. They have a mother. I love them dearly and the oldest after 8 years now calls me step mom. I don't mind, it was her choice. I love them unconditionally and would never try to replace their mother. As for Haleigh calling Misty mom it's a bunch of B.S. "IMO". There is something more here and those two are trying to protect each other for what ever reason. This is not the time for a marriage or celebration and Misty showing off a ring that was paid by whom? Ron is not working! I am really bothered by this. This case is starting to remind me of another case where none of the money donated was used in the search.

more bolded and colored by me...........you have said this all so well IMO,
we were thinking the exact same thing!!!

I think its appalling.
It just goes to my theory more and more that one of them or both are involved in this

For the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and publicity

Ive said it from the day one that I heard Haleigh was missing which was amazingly hot on the heels of Caylee's memoral

Nope - something stinks in Florida

ITA! It was less then 12 hours before Caylee's Memorial. It has always been something that hit me as odd.

I also agree with the $ too.

IMO this was done to make sure no statutory rape charges were filed against him. With her parents signing for her to get married, who would file the charges anyway? Also, I'm not sure how statutory rape works. Does it have to be PROVEN that they had sex? I know that it is a given that they had sex while living together - but I don't think anyone could prove that they had sex before marraige. Honestly, I don't think the county would bother attempting to prosecute it at all.

Sometimes prosecution on a lesser charge will be done so they can hold a suspect while gathering evidence. This was done in the Anthony case. Just a thought.

I am usually verbose. I only have this to say:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

:doh::doh::

:silenced:

:no:

This makes me think of the tattoo video, where the reporter said according to the tattoo artists inside, Ron talked mostly about the money that was rolling in and very little of Haleigh.

maybe she's pregnant.

Ha! RC never married the other 2 women...........and CS had 2 babies to him.....
IMO RC would never marry Misty if it wasn't to protect himself .........
rumor says MC left him for 3 days before Haleigh went missing.........
who was MC with the night Haleigh went missing?
I thought RC was an innocent party, now I'm leaning to he's NOT!
RC/MC should think of engagement/marriage as the last this on the list.
Wonder if this is why CS was so sad yesterday ??
This whole case is as bad as kc............
I never thought any family could get worse than the anthony's.......I was wrong!

Maybe not physically, but verbal abuse is still abuse.

that is true, but how would you feel coming home from work tried after working 10 hours and your child was missing? Not saying its right but in the heat of the moment it was said!!! MOO

I think its appalling.
It just goes to my theory more and more that one of them or both are involved in this

For the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and publicity

Ive said it from the day one that I heard Haleigh was missing which was amazingly hot on the heels of Caylee's memoral

Nope - something stinks in Florida
And now they're pretty much guaranteed a book or movie deal, aren't they. Their antics seem just as bad as the Anthonys and apparently people think that will be a good story. :sick:

Okay O/T and this will probaby get deleted (sorry Toms_girl, I do luvs ya though)...

I didnt' see a picture full on, but if it's not a composite setting....1/2 carat? What say you?

17 yr old and got's a half carat. Dang, I did sumpin wrong huh?

ETA: I didn't get a full carat and half until after third kid and 5 yrs of marriage :)

As for this not being a "new" ring: my friend's son told her he was going to ask his gf to marry him. She took the diamond ring from her own finger and gave it to him for her future DIL. This is customary in many families.

As for not marrying the children's mother: maybe he didn't love her.

As for the timing of the engagement announcement: it is a demonstration of their love for one another and committment to each other and let the world be da***ned. They are trying to make a new life out of tragedy and give Jr. the family he so deserves.

As for looking for a new house: who wouldn't after what has happened? Wouldn't you take your remaining child to a safer neighborhood/house?

I just can seem to climb on the bash-wagon vis-a-vis Ron and Misty. I think they are telling the truth and fully cooperating with LE to find out what happened to Haleigh.

Everyone knows that the chances that Haleigh will be found alive are diminishing with each passing day. It is a brutal reality to face.

I feel so sorry for these families I could just cry.

I think back to when LE stated, they have to determine what kind of crime it is?

......wow.

What the four-letter word?! :banghead:

This is not something you do if your child is missing, IMO! :banghead: Maybe after you figure out what happened to her and where she is, but not at this stage!

Then again it could be their own way of trying to put the past behind them....

.....wait, what am I saying? :doh:

Okay I'll say this...

Good luck RC and MC because excluding the tragedy that has befallen your life's...you will need it...god speed.

Florida
§ 794. 05
Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors if someone age 24 or older engages in sexual activity with someone age 16 or 17.
Up to 15 years in prison

I just watched the video and I am speechless. That doesn't happen to me often.

that is true, but how would you feel coming home from work tried after working 10 hours and your child was missing? Not saying its right but in the heat of the moment it was said!!! MOO

I can see your POV, which is why I ♥ WS :)

:laugh:

I just watched the video and I am speechless. That doesn't happen to me often.

Haha, I know, right?

Now all the accusations are gonna point back at them whether they did this or not....this is really bad timing for this, IMO, provided they had nothing to do with little Haleigh's disappearance.

I was just pointing out that the was "proof" of the verbal abuse from his first interaction with the responding officer and terms of affection he choose to call Misty.

I agree with you too, reminded me of how my father used to look at me when I was little and spoke with out being spoken to.

My husband broke my cell phone while I was at work one night. It was an accident, he let the baby play with it and it hit the floor hard enough for the screen to stop working. I KNOW it could have easily happened on my watch too, but my natural reaction was to be upset that he broke my cell phone. I shot daggers through him with my eyes for the next week everytime I had to open the stupid backup phone I now have to use.

Yeah, maybe my natural reactions aren't to swear and scream, but I don't know what I would do if he lost our child. It might be an accident but I would ALWAYS feel deep down that it wouldn't have happened if I were there. I might have a very hard time getting over the resentment. I still feel like my phone might still work if I hadn't left it home that night.

I don't think we should be reading the unfortunately common situation of parental abuse into this completely abnormal abduction scenario. Misty did not just "speak when not spoken to": she LOST his CHILD. If he was speaking to her this way because she didn't fold his work uniform correctly I'd totally be with you here.

Anyway, I have no clue if there really is abuse here, I just don't think the obviouse resentment he displayed towards Misty in the first few days is evidence of it.

Florida
§ 794. 05
Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors if someone age 24 or older engages in sexual activity with someone age 16 or 17.
Up to 15 years in prison

bolded by me -

I think this has everything to do with their timing. Married sex wouldn't be considered unlawful correct?

Are you guys watching Jane right now? She's flipping out over this! Keeps saying that it's inappropriate at a time like this. I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆