Roy Kronk Suing Casey Anthony

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Intermezzo, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

Roy Kronk Suing Casey Anthony For Defamation

Kronk is suing for damages in excess of $15,000.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/30048764/detail.html

"If Casey Anthony's story is true that Caylee Anthony drowned in the family swimming pool on June 16, 2008, then she knew that the statements she authorized and permitted her agents to publish were false. In an attempt to find someone other than herself to blame for the tragic death of her child, Casey Anthony authorized and permitted her attorneys, as her agents, to make false and malicious statements against Kronk, and to portray him as the murderer of her child. Casey Anthony, through her attorneys, refused to retract the statements about Kronk, and when confronted with whether she was going to withdraw the defamatory statements, Casey Anthony, through her attorneys, responded the statements were not false, and that the statements would stand," the lawsuit reads.

Hazelnutty likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Intermezzo

4. Intermezzo

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2011/12/casey-anthony-sued-for-defamation-by-roy-kronk.html

"..the privilege typically doesn't extend to statements made outside the courtroom. Attorneys and defendants that discuss the case with the media may accidentally run afoul of defamation law. They may find themselves on the other end of a civil lawsuit.

So if Kronk argues that statements made during the trial were defamatory, he will likely lose. If he argues that statements made outside of the trial harmed his reputation, it's possible that he could prevail."

5. Well Done 99

Well Done 99 New Member

Thanks for this thread Intermezzo. It's certainly going to be interesting going back over the old threads to determine exactly who said what to who.
    Seems from what you have dug up already that Mr Kronk may well have a good case here.
    The $15,000 is some sort of mark or limit, I remember it being discussed elsewhere but can't remember precisely what it was. IIRC 'in excess of $15,000' can mean a million.

Hazelnutty likes this.
  6. jane the dood

jane the dood Dance like no one's looking

Go for it, Roy! Sadly, I don't believe anyone suing her will ever see a dime, but I like the idea that she's being pursued by a virtual tsunami of lawsuits.

Hazelnutty likes this.
  7. Well Done 99

Well Done 99 New Member

The interesting thing and common factor with all these suits, regardless of the outcome, is that either way she is proven a liar. She's fast coming to the end of her final hallway.

Hazelnutty likes this.
  8. Intermezzo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiE-8ewEOq0&feature=related"]Allegations Against Roy Kronk and MORE - YouTube[/ame]

9. Mamabear1963

Mamabear1963 New Member

I don't like a lot of law suits...but you know..this one is making me smile. :fence:

If nothing else, she won't have peace...

Hazelnutty likes this.
  10. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

I'll bring this over from the sidebar:

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/20...en-believe-roy-kronk-murdered-caylee-anthony/

Maggie Rodriguez: “Do you believe that there is just as much evidence incriminating Roy Kronk as there is against Casey?”

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE_sLhcLQ9g"]Attorney on Caylee Case Suspect - YouTube[/ame]

11. Mamabear1963

Mamabear1963 New Member

I am thinking that all those media appearances are going to come back and :croc::croc: :crazy:

12. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

she'll just backtrack & say that she didn't authorize any of those statements

but I hope he wins TONS OF MONEY and that everyone's paychecks are a little bit lighter for years to come

can people claim bankruptcy to get out of lawsuits? I hope not

13. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

That is what I would go for. Every one of them. That is what I would do! Definately.

14. krkrjx

krkrjx Hello Darkness, my old friend...

She can backtrack all she wants. Attorneys spoke on her behalf many times over about this subject, and if they made these statements without her authorization they could be held liable. This lawsuit is going to rain on someone's parade, IMO.

ETA: She will plead the 5th again but so what--that's almost the equivalent to admission. But my hope is KC caves under the stress of legal action that just keeps coming. Who knows, maybe this suit is going to cause the inevitable rift between her and her DT.

15. NavySubMom

NavySubMom Active Member

16. OneLove

OneLove New Member

Well, at least if she is paid for skanky stuff and interviews, the money will go to those who deserve it. That is worth the trouble of the lawsuit. :)

17. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

Casey and her agents could have told their final "story" without naming anyone as a culprit IE: RK. The perp who "stole the remains" (yea right) could have easily remained nameless. They as a group chose to destroy RK and thus should all face their actions in court, and rightfully pay restitution to RK.

18. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

Oh please let him get a jury trial, but hopefully NOT another Pinellas jury. I know civil trials are different, but I will just lose it if another jury in a different case sides with Casey. I can't imagine WHY they would do that, but well, we all thought the criminal case would turn out differently...

19. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

I don't think bankruptcy would help her. I think any future wages would still be garnished. I know it won't help her with the IRS, and I'm pretty sure one of our lawyers on here said it wouldn't help for these cases either. About the only way she gets out of it is death, I would imagine.

20. theBritster

theBritster New Member

Good for him. Honestly, I think he deserves a lot more than $15,000!

21. krimekat

krimekat Amazed and Baffled

:floorlaugh:

Is there a class action lawsuit floating out there for US to sign to sue her, too? Is there an attorney willing to file one?

:floorlaugh: