Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
sbm

I'm studying at university right now and I haven't got a clue what that means either. o_O
Hope whatever your son decides to do goes well <3

Just imagine.......

a tired and sooty hard working cleaning woman lifting her broom up high as she begins an amazing Viennese Waltz, or rhythmically prancing to Ravel's Bolero across her yet to be cleaned floor!!! tee hee.

This was on the Dutch radio today...De Hoop Scheffer was the guest in this episode to explain things that are going on in the Russia-Ukraine conflict. He is Dutch...in the episode they were - of course- talking Dutch.

Rusland en Oekraïne | Jaap de Hoop Scheffer

BNR app Spotify Apple Podcasts

Tried to find some kind of translation or an transcript. I found that what I have posted upthread.

I could get the writing translated, but not the audio.... i do appreciate your additional clarifications. Very very helpful.

I've heard over and over again on the news over the last two weeks that U.S. oil producers are prepared to increase production at significant rates that would allow us to ban Russian oil, but that the government has turned down this offer which would enable us to boycott Russian oil.

not sure what news you are listening to, but i have actually heard the opposite...
Being highly structured and disciplined with this, will take some time, but

Biden Aide Says Oil Companies Can Up Production If They Want

Seriously, thank god for the internet and social media and mobile phones and all those things in modern society which enable the truth to be cascaded worldwide.

Imagine, during the first two world wars, people only really obtained news from the actual newspapers on sale in their country.

I hope enough Russians are hearing and understanding the truth of what’s happening and the implications for their country, and not just what their government wants them to hear.

I have no clue if Russians are restricted getting some information. Can some of our Europeans discuss how easily/ or not it is for Russians to get news and information from outside Russia. Are there some or any restrictions inside the country???? Asking for an ignorant friend.

Seriously, thank god for the internet and social media and mobile phones and all those things in modern society which enable the truth to be cascaded worldwide.

Imagine, during the first two world wars, people only really obtained news from the actual newspapers on sale in their country.

I hope enough Russians are hearing and understanding the truth of what’s happening and the implications for their country, and not just what their government wants them to hear.

Actually, we mainly got our news from the radio - I was alive during that time period. There was also Radio Free Europe, so I assume Europeans were also getting news from their radios.

I was only alive and cognizant during WWII, not the first one, LOL. I ain't that old.

I think there are a lot of Russians who have contacts with loved ones and friends outside Russia en know what is going on...they know the truth...but now they can't take money out a machine, let alone leave. Demonstrating is no option anymore...people will be severely punished. You can get 15 years if you spread so called "fake news" f.i. if you post about the real casualties on the Russian side.

Wow @Angleterre Just haven't the right words now. The most important men in my life never finished their basic education, where I'm highly educated on an university level. They are all very intelligent, productive, successful and most of all very beautiful, kind persons. Your son will find his way, there are far more ways to be successful in life. It's not the time and place but we should all ask the question what is being successful in life anyway. And you are right, it's his life. Love and light.
Thank you for such a beautifully worded reply .

omg.... this is just such a dreadfully poignant interview between Michael Isikoff and Daniel Hoffman, longtime CIA Russia expert.

Hoffman: All those things were Vladimir Putin playing chess with limited but achievable objectives. This one, Vladimir Putin has altered his risk calculus. He’s playing poker where he might not have the strongest hand.

Hoffman: "The No. 1 recurring question that President Biden is asking the intelligence community is, “Give me the leadership profile on Vladimir Putin. No, no, no, no, no. Not the one from February ’22. I need the one from today.” Because he’s not the same guy. There are all kinds of rumors about whatever might be wrong with him medically. Sen. Marco Rubio said that he had neuropsychological issues. Rubio sits on a Senate intel committee, wouldn’t go into detail about sources and methods, wouldn’t go into further detail about exactly what that means. But that’s a very important statement that he made. …...

And so what we might see are the Russian elites changing their assessment of Vladimir Putin."

Me: Will the Russian Elites really really have the guts to do this????

Putin is determined to 'burn down Ukraine's house,' former CIA operative says

sbm

I'm studying at university right now and I haven't got a clue what that means either. o_O
Hope whatever your son decides to do goes well <3
Exactly! My friend is a supply English teacher and qualified 30 years ago and she looked at me like I had two heads when I read it to her and she said that she too has no understanding of what is being taught here

I think there are a lot of Russians who have contacts with loved ones and friends outside Russia en know what is going on...they know the truth...but now they can't take money out a machine, let alone leave. Demonstrating is no option anymore...people will be severely punished. You can get 15 years if you spread so called "fake news" f.i. if you post about the real casualties on the Russian side.

Terrified Russian mother tries to calm her little girl after women and children are arrested | Daily Mail Online

omg.... this is just such a dreadfully poignant interview between Michael Isikoff and Daniel Hoffman, longtime CIA Russia expert.

Hoffman: All those things were Vladimir Putin playing chess with limited but achievable objectives. This one, Vladimir Putin has altered his risk calculus. He’s playing poker where he might not have the strongest hand.

Hoffman: "The No. 1 recurring question that President Biden is asking the intelligence community is, “Give me the leadership profile on Vladimir Putin. No, no, no, no, no. Not the one from February ’22. I need the one from today.” Because he’s not the same guy. There are all kinds of rumors about whatever might be wrong with him medically. Sen. Marco Rubio said that he had neuropsychological issues. Rubio sits on a Senate intel committee, wouldn’t go into detail about sources and methods, wouldn’t go into further detail about exactly what that means. But that’s a very important statement that he made. …...

And so what we might see are the Russian elites changing their assessment of Vladimir Putin."

Me: Will the Russian Elites really really have the guts to do this????

Putin is determined to 'burn down Ukraine's house,' former CIA operative says
This is sort of what I was thinking too. Who can/will step up. Sort of reminds me of the 2017 movie, "The Death of Stalin."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288