Russian passenger plane crashes in Sinai, Egypt Prime Minister says, 31 OCT 2015

Msnbc If this pans out Russia is going to have huge response.............................gonna go around bombing the heck out of Syria

gonna beat up ISIS bad (hey thats ok ) time someone else footed the bill!

Some seem to think that Putin will unleash a relentless bombing campaign that will leave northern Syria and Iraq virtually depopulated.
I wonder how the EU would handle that considering the potential for more refugees. This is going to get bad, and I'm waiting for the theories that Russia planted the bomb so they could attack on a large scale.

I texted him the picture before I answered, and his response was, "I'm getting older, not blind". He has flown everything from transport, Airbus, but now is a captain on a 190. He likes his seniority and the routes, so he won't go back to the airbus until our youngest graduates. He thinks bomb, and reiterated that's why we don't fly out of certain places. His dad was an Air Force one pilot, retired from Boeing, and flew the Shah of Iran for a while before everything went down there. So, I'm trying to get him on the phone, but he's old and goes to bed early, lol.

I'm getting older, not blind"great line!!

As I get more educated on political junk fine let Russia try to kill the hell out of ISIS obvioulsy we have failed , like are any of us here thinking oh no dont hurt Isis - so then the question is why is this bad? Sounds awful but valid question IMO, or no?

I have seen this line before that all this ruckus is not from anything at the crash scene but intel. Ok,from the beginning they wanted credit. They know they are being monitered.

So why not get on a cell and talk like they did it - it appears all of this is from phone interactions , if I wanted someone to beleive I stole hotdogs, why not get on the phone with someone else and brag about taking hotdosgs,

Its like a bell rang that is why they all are saying intel, not recorders etc am i stupid for just getting this now!? And they are waiting to see if anything as far as wreckage, medical examiner, etc to confirm the intel..................

So they have been taking credit but their quote is we will when we feel like it tell you how we did , if I want you to think I took hotdogs, and I supposedly can prove it why not tell you now how I did it and can prove it??

BUT govt officials cant take the risk that another plane load of humans die ............

if I want everyone to think I am a hotdog theif,,,,kinda like a play ......Msnbc explained it to me where I got it -- noone is saying anything from the wreckage or any recorder data indicates a bomb..............they got all hysterical because they heard people on cell phones talking about doing it ... big difference huh?

They have "claimed" but have given no "proof'............. while we are at it, why not make the call sound like it was an inside job..............airport folks.................that certainly makes it more scary for civilians does it not ?

THAt makes sense , casue the scene looks nothing like a bomb and it just is so not that hard, by looking at the wreckage --is their damage outwards, thats it........and if you see outward you get out some chemicals and it says boom......its just not that hard

its almost like a play on wsord ,, we never have said their is on the ground evidence, but if god forbid another jetliner ends up the same way they can say we took actions.......................

all this airport security not ok at airport, well of course after over 200 people are blown out of the sky to their deaths , pretty safe in the moment to conclude security did not work , but at another level hindsight in any sitution is always easier ,,,IMO

We knew on Pan AM quick , TWA stalled because that plane had been used for traiining dogs to smell explosives so it threw the whole thing off

during exercises to train bomb-detection dogs the month before the crash
http://articles.latimes.com/1996-09-21/news/mn-46022_1_training-exercises

I wonder how the EU would handle that considering the potential for more refugees. This is going to get bad, and I'm waiting for the theories that Russia planted the bomb so they could attack on a large scale.

hummm interesting but wreckage does not look bomby

Russian plane crash: UK suspects bomb was placed in hold
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34742273

UK investigators looking at what caused a Russian airliner to crash in Egypt believe a bomb was put in the hold prior to take-off, the BBC has learned.
The UK government suspended all flights to and from the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh two days ago.
It had received intelligence based on intercepted communications between militants in the Sinai Peninsula.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This IS huge [emoji853]

I'm getting older, not blind"great line!!

As I get more educated on political junk fine let Russia try to kill the hell out of ISIS obvioulsy we have failed , like are any of us here thinking oh no dont hurt Isis - so then the question is why is this bad? Sounds awful but valid question IMO, or no?

I have seen this line before that all this ruckus is not from anything at the crash scene but intel. Ok,from the beginning they wanted credit. They know they are being monitered.

So why not get on a cell and talk like they did it - it appears all of this is from phone interactions , if I wanted someone to beleive I stole hotdogs, why not get on the phone with someone else and brag about taking hotdosgs,

Its like a bell rang that is why they all are saying intel, not recorders etc am i stupid for just getting this now!? And they are waiting to see if anything as far as wreckage, medical examiner, etc to confirm the intel..................

So they have been taking credit but their quote is we will when we feel like it tell you how we did , if I want you to think I took hotdogs, and I supposedly can prove it why not tell you now how I did it and can prove it??

BUT govt officials cant take the risk that another plane load of humans die ............

if I want everyone to think I am a hotdog theif,,,,kinda like a play ......Msnbc explained it to me where I got it -- noone is saying anything from the wreckage or any recorder data indicates a bomb..............they got all hysterical because they heard people on cell phones talking about doing it ... big difference huh?

They have "claimed" but have given no "proof'............. while we are at it, why not make the call sound like it was an inside job..............airport folks.................that certainly makes it more scary for civilians does it not ?

THAt makes sense , casue the scene looks nothing like a bomb and it just is so not that hard, by looking at the wreckage --is their damage outwards, thats it........and if you see outward you get out some chemicals and it says boom......its just not that hard

its almost like a play on wsord ,, we never have said their is on the ground evidence, but if god forbid another jetliner ends up the same way they can say we took actions.......................

all this airport security not ok at airport, well of course after over 200 people are blown out of the sky to their deaths , pretty safe in the moment to conclude security did not work , but at another level hindsight in any sitution is always easier ,,,IMO

We knew on Pan AM quick , TWA stalled because that plane had been used for traiining dogs to smell explosives so it threw the whole thing off

during exercises to train bomb-detection dogs the month before the crash
http://articles.latimes.com/1996-09-21/news/mn-46022_1_training-exercises
Dockins-

Solely by the pic would he refuse to fly that particular plane?

I understand money in resurces etc, . But in their job (like compared to used car salesman! They are going down with the ship..

It so befuddles - area also looked dirty --it is that darn crack ! I would not eat an egg that looked that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just cant wrap my little brain around it nor that the media has done little with the video of it -I discovered it on Sky news in video format ealier link, so at least they are reporting it to public.

If I was in airport, even knowing I am not boarding, I could not help but mention to the gate agent, humm, excuse me, after getting their name()! are you aware that the top half of your jetliner is cracking apart,and your stablizer appears to be rusting away (!)- - do you think that might be a concern for someone around here?!?!!?
!
And hey, if hubby ever wants to hang here I am confident he would be busy even if he only wanted to do a short time!

WHo can help us more, I ask!

http://www.rferl.mobi/a/russia-putins-dilemma-bomb-caused-syria-crash/27347371.html

Putin's Dilemma: How To Respond If A Bomb

Caused Sinai Air Crash

That was a great read ! While doing it suddenly struck me, its working for Putin, stalling, but for leaders to really beleve that Putin does not alread (like in 15 minute) know what went on is silly

Rusasia has hege spying capabilites, satellites etc- certainly I would assume more than egyt - its kinda like saying a fifth grader is waiting for a third grader answer!

We know it Germany knows Britain knows it ets etc. SO there is no real want to get to a truth - its chess board - and everyone is waiting for each others next move. Since they all know, everyone needs time to figure out what they will do if they cant get the touchdown they want , or some refree calls it different from the score each nation needs.

I bet behind the scenes they are all dancing with each other trying ot figure out what the best version can possibilty work out for the best al the way around

There are going to have to be different answers to the same question , casue the implications are huge for all players - and they really cant figure out an answer that somehow does not mess everything up

I guess we could also that Osama group did not care about consequences but we went after Housain! aLL these Isis variants , if the did something, have to know, if the are all 5 feet 2 that all the "bullies" are 6 8"

So in the name of "wanting no more of our people killed" Isis have just dramtically increased the number of funerals or burials they shal l be attending in the long fututre-- kinda stupid huh,
Why piss off bigger bullies.

But then I forget , in their modeal of the world, this was actually awesome for them, it messed things up financially for those hate, instilled fear in many, has created a nonstop newc cycle that is big proaganda win for them .

It also seems to (even it not true) has news casters all over the planet, pondering if ISIS has bigger muscles than the bullies thought.

Creating the question , are the bullied stronger than we thought - he if one of us were being bullied would it not be great for us that the ones doing the bulling might think we are stronger than than they thougt

the article really helped me -----------none of it is good news --but understanding the chess board is super thelpful thanx mom!

The potential for a bomb was only one reason he gave. He said the equipment is older, and the condition of repairs can be questionable by our standards. Also, you don't need the training our pilots do. But he basically just thinks too many accidents happens with planes in Russia and Africa. There are many pilot forums, and the opinions run the gamut. He thinks bomb because of the news reports, not the plane itself.

Thanks for sharing.

It does seem 50/50 in lots of places I looked. Some think bomb and some think plane structural mechanical issues near tail.

The one thing that made me lean towards bomb last night was a report that supposedly the US has some communcication from ISIS right after it happened. Supposedly talking about the bomb and saying things that they would have not known so early in the situation.

If the US did intercept some ISIS communication right after the plane went down then what makes it difficult for the US to share with other countries is they have to hide how they got the information.

Its quite the quandary. How does US share its intelligence and yet not give away hints how the US obtains it.

This is a similar problem to the other plane disasters. Similar situation that US does not want to give away its secrets in how it obtains information.

I think that is why these investigations tend to drag out. We have all these countries with their own secret way to obtain intelligence and nobody wants to share how they get the information. What a quandrey.

Egypt plane crash: Chaos in Sharm el-Sheikh airport as Britons struggle to get home and Putin suspends flights from Russia - latest news

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...stranded-British-tourists-latest-updates.html

British spies uncovered Isil bomb plot
The Egyptian security shutdown was sparked after British spies intercepted messages which showed Isil extremists had plotted a major terror attack in the region, the Telegraph can disclose.

The communications and “chatter” - uncovered by British intelligence only after the Russian passenger jet tragedy - are what led David Cameron to say it was “more likely than not” that a bomb brought the plane down on Saturday killing 224 people.

The intelligence resulted in Britain suspending all flights to and from Sharm el-Sheikh, leaving 20,000 British tourists stranded at the holiday resort.

Dockins-

Solely by the pic would he refuse to fly that particular plane?

I understand money in resurces etc, . But in their job (like compared to used car salesman! They are going down with the ship..

It so befuddles - area also looked dirty --it is that darn crack ! I would not eat an egg that looked that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just cant wrap my little brain around it nor that the media has done little with the video of it -I discovered it on Sky news in video format ealier link, so at least they are reporting it to public.

If I was in airport, even knowing I am not boarding, I could not help but mention to the gate agent, humm, excuse me, after getting their name()! are you aware that the top half of your jetliner is cracking apart,and your stablizer appears to be rusting away (!)- - do you think that might be a concern for someone around here?!?!!?
!
And hey, if hubby ever wants to hang here I am confident he would be busy even if he only wanted to do a short time!

WHo can help us more, I ask!
Hubby is actually flying now, so I will ask when he gets home. I just texted an enlarged pic of the area in question. We actually have a 4-seater Cherokee that my 16 year old flies that has been flying solo for about a year, and he even said no way. But, I have heard my husband tell stories about customers who call for him at the gate to explain dents, or Stuff they think they are seeing on the aircraft. He says a lot of times what you see from a window (or picture) perhaps isn't how it looks when you are right there at it. Reflections, etc.
Father in law says after some of the stuff he flew in Vietnam, nothing scares him anymore.

I feel terrible for the brits that are still stranded. What a frustrating and scary experience to go through.

Hubby just got home and viewed the pics on a larger screen...he said it wasn't anything major, and wouldn't down the plane, in his opinion.

European investigators have reached the conclusion that there was a bomb on the plane. Flight data recorder shows no signs of mechanical failure. The explosion can actually be heard on the audio recovered. Per Brooke Baldwin/CNN

US and UK have turned over their intel to the Russians to assist with the investigation. Putin's decision to suspend flights came after he reviewed the intel.

European investigators have reached the conclusion that there was a bomb on the plane. Flight data recorder shows no signs of mechanical failure. The explosion can actually be heard on the audio recovered. Per Brooke Baldwin/CNN

US and UK have turned over their intel to the Russians to assist with the investigation. Putin's decision to suspend flights came after he reviewed the intel.

It does seem the Europe investigators have uncovered the most about this investigation.

Wow. Im having a hard time adusting to it being a bomb. We have gone a long time since a plane was actually bombed out of the sky. This sounds like it has happened that way.

I feel terrible for the brits that are still stranded. What a frustrating and scary experience to go through.

Yes. Wondering why they cannot just fly to another nearby country on another airline and then just take a flight from there to their home.

Seems simple enough.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288