S.A. Concerned Defense will Sell Pics of Caylee's Remains

bunnyphoenix1

Former Member
Reaction score
State Tries To Limit Images Of Caylee's Remains
Prosecutors File Motion Over Concerns Of Sale

POSTED: 1:21 pm EST January 6, 2009
UPDATED: 5:17 pm EST January 6, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors are withholding three discs showing Caylee Anthony’s remains from the defense team, WESH 2 News confirmed on Tuesday.

The discs include X-rays and photos of her body, which were supposed to be delivered to the defense under a court’s order. But in a new motion, the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office said it has concerns that the images will be reproduced and sold, according to WESH 2 reporter Bob Kealing.

Full article at http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18422273/detail.html

I am glad the SA has decided to do this. It seems to me the As want to make a living out of this, and it seems LE wants to stop them, which I'm glad about.

It's also interesting that the SA say that they have already made lots of money from selling photos...I thought the As denied this when they accused LG??

I would hate to think they would sell photos of that. Just because I hate the thought does not mean it could not happen though.

I am glad the SA is getting it out there that they have been profitting from selling the pics. I think they are getting ready to charge them and want the public to know what they have been up to.

I understand the SA and I think they did the right thing. The defense however, will be entitled to take their own photos of the remains so I don't really believe that an order limiting reproduction of the photos is going to prevent them from being shopped around. The defense and their "experts" are going to profit off of this case in some way. IMO the dream team has an ulterior motive to this "pro bono" case.

I understand the SA and I think they did the right thing. The defense however, will be entitled to take their own photos of the remains so I don't really believe that an order limiting reproduction of the photos is going to prevent them from being shopped around. The defense and their "experts" are going to profit off of this case in some way. IMO the dream team has an ulterior motive to this "pro bono" case.

ITA (particularly with bolded part). Which is why I am wondering if they filed the motion to make sure the public knew that they had been profitting through sale of photos etc...if they are warming us up for charges to be laid??

If they want to sell any photos at all, I would have no problem with it, if and only if, all monies made were donated to a LEGITIMATE missing persons group.

Where in the article does it say the A's have made money selling photos or that the A's intend to sell these photos? Defense = Casey and her lawyers.

EDIT to add: Looks like little Caylee's funeral will be held up even longer.

Somebody help me out here, I thought it was illegal for "remains" photo's to be published, (I don't follow Nascar), but didn't this come about when a driver was killed in the Daytona 500? It's like the one exception to the Florida Sunshine laws (I think).

Anybody else?

It says this....

In this motion, the state argues that substantial licensing fees have been paid for pictures and video of Caylee taken while she was alive.

Doesn't tell us who got the money...we do know G & C were involved in at least one transaction with LG. I assume we will get more details about who has profitted when we get to Court. But, keep in mind, Casey is not allowed to profit, so I'm still banking on it having been G & C as I don't think JB would risk having Casey sell them herself.

Somebody help me out here, I thought it was illegal for "remains" photo's to be published, (I don't follow Nascar), but didn't this come about when a driver was killed in the Daytona 500? It's like the one exception to the Florida Sunshine laws (I think).

Anybody else?

Teresa Earnhardt had to get a special order barring Dale's autopsy photos from being released.

Where in the article does it say the A's have made money selling photos or that the A's intend to sell these photos? Defense = Casey and her lawyers.

Maybe because they have profited in the past on the pictures and video"s..

It says this....

In this motion, the state argues that substantial licensing fees have been paid for pictures and video of Caylee taken while she was alive.

Doesn't tell us who got the money...we do know G & C were involved in at least one transaction with LG. I assume we will get more details about who has profitted when we get to Court. But, keep in mind, Casey is not allowed to profit, so I'm still banking on it having been G & C as I don't think JB would risk having Casey sell them herself.

There is nothing keeping Casey from profiting by selling pictures of her daughter.

Yep...I hope the LE don't delay any charges any further...it could be weeks away, and this family could make and spend a small fortune from Caylee pics in the meantime.

ITA (particularly with bolded part). Which is why I am wondering if they filed the motion to make sure the public knew that they had been profitting through sale of photos etc...if they are warming us up for charges to be laid??

If they want to sell any photos at all, I would have no problem with it, if and only if, all monies made were donated to a LEGITIMATE missing persons group.

Sorry, I didn't want to see Earnhart's autopsies in public and I don't want to see Caylee's autopsies either or any autopsies for the public to view. This is one of those areas that need to be private.

Would anyone here want their family members autopsies shown in public? What does this say about us and our society. What message are we sending to our kids. The nation is desensitized enough as it is. No wonder there are parents out there killing children.

There is nothing keeping Casey from profiting by selling pictures of her daughter.

Are you allowed to profit from your crimes in Florida??? Are you sure of this??? That would really surprise me. Perhaps a Florida lawyer can clear this up???

I really think you are wrong...otherwise it would be serious incentive for a number of sociopathic parents to kill their cute children.

Are you allowed to profit from your crimes in Florida??? Are you sure of this??? That would really surprise me. Perhaps a Florida lawyer can clear this up???

I really think you are wrong...otherwise it would be serious incentive for a number of sociopathic parents to kill their cute children.

Casey giving birth to Caylee was not a crime.

Really? Do you have a link?

I don't think the SA is referring to JG or any of her friends, do you? Who do you think the SA is concerned about selling pics, if it's not one of the As??? I can't see the basis of their motion, unless they assume it's one of the As profitting from the sales. Who do you think they are referring to??

She is not convicted of a crime at this point. They can take action after the conviction.

Once the defense has the photos and the x-rays do they then become public thru the Sunshine Law? I remember years ago when Dale Earnhardt's widow fought to not let his autopsy photos be released when the media requested them. I believe she won. However that was not a criminal investigation. If they are released thru the Sunshine Law then I don't see how the A's could sell them.:waitasec:

Maybe because they have profited in the past on the pictures and video"s..

I think the A's are waiting for the big bucks from a book/movie deal. I wonder if they secretly want KC convicted so she can't get her hands on their money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back