S.B.T.C ... The real meaning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read the whole thread, so I am going to guess perhaps this has been mentioned. After reading both Steve Thomas and James Kolar's book it really changed my mind about a lot of things in this case. In fact, I felt outrage at the DA's office among other things. However, the further insight I garnered into PR was new to me. I think that SBTC stands for "Saved By The Cross". I think that the Ramsay's covered up for their son after a terrible accident in a momentary fit of rage.

EDIT: To add Photo.
One of the supposedly last photos of JBR. First, what caught my attention of this photo was the type of grip Patsy had on JBR. But secondly, if you notice JBR is wearing a cross in this photo. It would correlate with the "Saved By The Cross" and why perhaps that would have been a thought in the forefront in PR mind while writing the Ransom Note. Here is also a writing I found when looking at Saved By the Cross.

574b6eada0cf9911c0c30520e9e8adfd.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-27 at 9.33.49 AM.png

I've never really put much stock in Patsy's armlock in that photo. They both look happy and I imagine she is just trying to pull JB a little closer for the photo. By trying to read too much in to that photo would be suggesting the possibility of premeditation and I really don't think that was the case.

Something went extremely wrong that day but whatever it was, it didn't star until much later in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never really put much stock in Patsy's armlock in that photo. They both look happy and I imagine she is just trying to pull JB a little closer for the photo. By trying to read too much in to that photo would be suggesting the possibility of premeditation and I really don't think that was the case.

Something went extremely wrong that day but whatever it was, it didn't star until much later in the day.

I understand your perspective there. Want to clarify. I didn't mean in the sense of premeditation. But an overall sense of temperament. Either way, that is something I notice as I have worked with kids who have been abused and one day while in the car with one of them, she noticed a mother in the way she was holding her child's arm and it make her cringe, take notice and pointed it out to me. It was the same type of grasp shown in the photo but while walking. I don't think any thing at all pre-mediated. But more or less Patsy's frame of mind whatever that may have been dealing with that we may not know.

I'm starting thing more and more that the C was put as an afterthought. That it originally was SBT and the writer realized that the phrase was too obvious and changed it. I assume there is nobody in the Ramseys circle that would have those 3 initials?

I also wonder if the change to SBTC may coincide with the inability to dispose of JonBenet's body. A change in plan? Maybe they had a patsy (pardon the pun) in mind but when the body had to remain, they had to change the postcript on the note.

I still think SBTC means absolutely nothing. Perhaps it was inspired by a phone book or a bible verse, but let's face it, the was no need to sign that note. What kind of kidnapper signs a note?

I believe that someone like Patsy who had much experience in writing and structuring a letter, simply could not let herself leave that note without it being properly signed. She likely just pulled the first thing that came in to her head.

I still think SBTC means absolutely nothing. Perhaps it was inspired by a phone book or a bible verse, but let's face it, the was no need to sign that note. What kind of kidnapper signs a note?

I believe that someone like Patsy who had much experience in writing and structuring a letter, simply could not let herself leave that note without it being properly signed. She likely just pulled the first thing that came in to her head.

My bet is that SBTC means Saved by the Cross. In previous generations, it was fairly common for people to sign letters with religous endings:

-In Christ who Saves, In Christ, In the name of Jesus, In Jesus' name, In the name of the Holy Trinity, In the name of Christ, the King, In the name of the Saviour etc.

Though Saved by the Cross may not be a common ending, the use or creation of such an ending does fit Patsy's religous and cultural background very well. My guess is that she signed it as a means to ask for forgiveness.

It might, it might not. All we know is that it is not the identity of any foreign faction. Back in those days it was very common that factions would use initials when committing crimes, PLA, PLO, FLQ, and SLA to name a few. Patsy must have been thinking along those lines.

Saved by the cross is as good a guess as any. could also be from the bible left open to a passage on Patsy's nightstand, the first letters of each line being S, B, T and C. Might also be the initials on the phonebook that was close by (Southern Bell Telephone Company). Who knows, the only person that knows for sure is long gone.

Saved By The Cross is a good one. I personally favor "She Bears The Crown".

Or She Beat That Child.

could it be similar to like the BTK killer thing. I don't recall if it was around the same time frame but possibly..so maybe the SBTC could be sexually abuse, beat, torture, choke? Just guessing.,

Only one person knows for sure and she is dead so I doubt this particular mystery will ever be solved.

could it be similar to like the BTK killer thing. I don't recall if it was around the same time frame but possibly..so maybe the SBTC could be sexually abuse, beat, torture, choke? Just guessing.,

Or Stun, Bind, Torture, Choke.

Southern Baptist Convention of Texas had ties with the Episcopal church. The Ramseys attended an Episcopal church.

Faction: Dioceses faction.

I'm assuming Annapurna meant why would they commit THIS particularly crime--targeting the Ramseys. writing the ransom note, etc. Church goers certainly commit crimes , but tying the church to this particular crime seems like a stretch.

SBTC-
How about so be the child??

The theory that makes the most sense to me is the "Nonsense" theory, where SBTC is simply invented in an attempt to back up the "small foreign faction" angle of the murder. I saw someone post a phone book from evidence pictures. I am not sure where that came from and would love to look through all of the evidence pictures. Southwestern Bell Telephone Company makes a lot of sense in that case.

Saved By The Cross is also incredibly viable. In a PDI situation, it would make the most sense. It is true that we have seen her capable of picking things up subconsciously and copying it according to her own explanation of the "And hence" Christmas letter.

In a IDI case, "Strangle Bind Torture Children" could work in the fashion of "BTK"

Stupid to Believe This Correspondence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member