Saddam Likely to Be Hanged Before New Year, U.S. Military Officials Say

scandi said:
It is now 4:30am Bagdad time. They just said in one hour, or 5:30 - 6am their time, he will be executed. The last call for prayer is in that time frame as the sun starts to rise, so he will have time for one last prayer before it is
Sayonora for him.

Now they are worried about subtrafuge and a thwarting of the execution.
There are a lot of people who still support him. :crazy:
That's why turning him over at the precise time was imperative.

Has he been turned over to the Iraqis yet?
Scandi

Dec 30, 2006 7:06 AM 5:04 PM 9h 58m 55s + 0m 23s 12:05 PM 33.6° 147.100

Sunrise is 7:06AM--sorry Saddam--you will have to do without that prayer.

OMG
Buzz,
We better call
Fox News! :eek: :D

They got it wrong, but I think the deal is he has to be dead before the sun starts rising and that religious holiday starts.

Jeana (DP) said:
The Americans, I've heard, will be close by when the execution takes place, but will have nothing to do with it.
I'm sure the rest of the world will feel otherwise....which is a shame....we have totally liberated these people and are constantly being riticuled.

BTW, there was a doctor on Paula Zhan who described the process the body actually goes through during a hanging. He said the person is pronounced dead when the brain dies BUT the heart can continue to beat up until 10 minutes later sometimes.....:eek:

They're talking of how to dispose of the body. Saddams daughter wants to take the body to yemen. I think it should be cremated.:D

czechmate7 said:
I'm sure the rest of the world will feel otherwise....which is a shame....we have totally liberated these people and are constantly being riticuled.

BTW, there was a doctor on Paula Zhan who described the process the body actually goes through during a hanging. He said the person is pronounced dead when the brain dies BUT the heart can continue to beat up until 10 minutes later sometimes.....:eek:
Just heard witnesses are there NOW :D

Hi Czechmate, That is quite common actually. It is when the brain is dead, not the heart that determines the TOD. I knew someone whose heart beat for many min after he was declared dead and the nurse said it happens more than you would realize. Strong heart doesn't want to stop. LOL

scandi said:
Hi Czechmate, That is quite common actually. It is when the brain is dead, not the heart that determines the TOD. I knew someone whose heart beat for many min after he was declared dead and the nurse said it happens more than you would realize. Strong heart doesn't want to stop. LOL

I think Saddam's heart died a long time ago.

Jeana (DP) said:
They are saying that the witnesses have just arrived to see the execution.
You beat me to it :razz:

czechmate7 said:

cm7, that's just like a beheaded chicken running for 1/4 mile after the fact. I can still remember my older brothers chasing that chicken; they eventually caught it, but it certainly wasn't easy, especially for that chicken; it would run right into trees, bushes, and whatever, get knocked down, and just get back up, and run, in whatever driection it was pointed in, at the time. As I recall, that chase lasted a good while, and entertained a fairly large number of people in the neighborhood, at the time.

Beyond Belief said:
They're talking of how to dispose of the body. Saddams daughter wants to take the body to yemen. I think it should be cremated.:D
No shrine is allowed, but if the spot was known, it would be treated as a shrine, and that isn't good.

Fox is reporting that they believe the body will be quietly buried somewhere in Iraq and the spot not reported for many years.

Fox is showing iraqi americans in Michigan celebrating the execution right now. Does that mean he is dead???

Have we heard like Jeana said, that the US military will hand him over right before he is executed and remain outside. You would think the minute the media has that info they'd tell uys. So I don't think he is actually standing amongst Iraqis right now. I think MSNBC is talking way too much jibber jabber and not reporting enough!

While we wait, I have a question. I have read much about sunnis and shiites in Iraq. I don't mean to be ignorant but which is which? Do they have different manners of dress for religious reasons? There are some men in my neighborhood who dress in long gray cloaks and wear white turbans. Always those colors. And beards. Is that any indication of religion? Or are the groups not religions but instead different areas of Iraq????:waitasec:

ETA: The same man in my neighborhood, once a year, shaves his beard off and then wears a bandage in the beard area until the beard grows back in.

I'm watching Larry King and the a caption came up saying "US judge denying Saddam stay of execution" What does the US judge have to do with this? I thought the Iraq courts tried him? I feel like a :loser: ....I should have watched more Court TV!!

Is it over? The BarnGod has wrestling on. Ran into the bedroom and saw the Muslims in Detroit celebrating in the streets.

They are saying Saddam is a POW of the US. "We" handed him over to the Iraq authorities today so the lawyer is asking the US to step in as it is against the laws of war to hand a prisoner over to the enemy. Which is BS because WE are his enemy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back