Saliva on JBR

WhiteWolf said:
So, good ol' Wood was blabbing case info in chat. Maybe Karr was in the chatroom?

--->>>Interesting thought WhiteWolf!!

Gsquared, what chat ?, and the date of the chat you refer to?
TIA

Toltec, interesting about Trujillo doing a super glue fingerprint lift. I surely have missed knowing that. Wonder IF they still have IT OR IF IF it produced a GOOD result? THAT would be THE bomb if a good print was found, unless it was a persons print who was too young to prosecute.

redbetty said:
I watched a National Geographic show not all that long ago where a scientist was trying to determine how far Ganghis Kahn (sp?) had marauded into Europe. These scientists were able to prove the racial origin of the DNA present in areas that must have originated with the raping army of Ganghis. Therefore can we take DNA and determine what race the donor is? If we can determine the donor was a white male, and the underpants came from a factory in Korea...then we can almost certainly eliminate the idea that the DNA on the underpants was from a coughing/sneezing factory worker.

It would seem to me to be a reasonable exercise, if only to eliminate the possibility of the origin of the DNA being present from the factory.
Sounds like a good idea to me. This is a great example of how looking at things from a slightly different angle can potentially answer a very important question. Any one have any thoughts on why this wouldn't work?

Eagle1 said:
Southcitymom, I skimmed all 5 pages of the link that said "Viewer Discretion" and didn't find anything about where he said the saliva came from. Do you remember which one of the numbered paragraphs? I'd really like to read it, but not all of that which we already know. I've been having some eye surgery due to advanced diabetes, legally blind in one eye, never will be able again to easily read that much with the other which is almost as bad. Hate to say handicapped but I for one do have to take shortcuts and PDF's are never easy reading. Some probably converted to Word which I don't have. Thanks.

Eagle,

It is paragraph #19, Page 4 of the PDF file.

Karr claims to have performed oral sex on JonBenet. That just made me sick to type those words. :(

Edit to add: So sorry about your eye problems Eagle. I bolded that and tried to make it easier for you to read. Hope this helps.

"If we can determine the donor was a white male, and the underpants came from a factory in Korea...then we can almost certainly eliminate the idea that the DNA on the underpants was from a coughing/sneezing factory worker."

Henry Lee said that he never heard it was a white male.

Eagle1 said:
Southcitymom, I skimmed all 5 pages of the link that said "Viewer Discretion" and didn't find anything about where he said the saliva came from. Do you remember which one of the numbered paragraphs? I'd really like to read it, but not all of that which we already know. I've been having some eye surgery due to advanced diabetes, legally blind in one eye, never will be able again to easily read that much with the other which is almost as bad. Hate to say handicapped but I for one do have to take shortcuts and PDF's are never easy reading. Some probably converted to Word which I don't have. Thanks.
It's in paragraph 19 of the PDF document:

"Because Mr. Karr's descrtiption of his sexual involvement with the victim during the events leading to her death included oral sex anmd tasting her blood after he caused her vagina to bleed, it was apparent that the DNA found in blood spots in her underwear would be crucial to confirming his account of his involvement."

southcitymom said:
It's in paragraph 19 of the PDF document:

"Because Mr. Karr's descrtiption of his sexual involvement with the victim during the events leading to her death included oral sex anmd tasting her blood after he caused her vagina to bleed, it was apparent that the DNA found in blood spots in her underwear would be crucial to confirming his account of his involvement."
I was finally convinced he could not have done it after hearing his account on the taped phone calls. His account was extremely detailed, step by step.
- If he described accurately what he was doing to her, there would have been lots of dna all over her. And in fact, in other places in the house. If everything he said he did was true, there would have been dna. Not just one degraded speck, either. He said plainly he left the body without cleaning it.
- Twice he predicted there would not be a dna match. How did he know that unless he knew he was not there? His reasoning was that the tests are not accurate. Yet the DA was convinced enough and the case was thrown out.
- He could have been lying or omitting certain precautions he took so he wouldn't leave dna, but according to his full story of that night, he was so emotional and panicky that he did not have time to clean the body. That is an integral part of the story.
- I think he imagined it all, based on everything he read on the internet and what he's done to other people using the techniques he wrote about. His skill with the knot, etc., indicates he used garottes on other people. These are the crimes I assume someone is still trying to track down, so he can serve his time for them? Or are they not going to bother trying to track down others he mentioned by name and place?

Does everyone not think if Karr actually did all he says he did he would not have left more DNA then what is actually there??
This is an inside job just as JR stated himself from the beginning.

I heard from different people over the last week or so repeated "DNA from a white male". And no, it was not Lin Woods.

Every time I heard that, I wondered if they actually DO know that. I wish I could remember WHO it was, but they were people familiar with the case and on separate programs, which really piqued my curiousity.

I really wish I could remember. :doh:

"I heard from different people over the last week or so repeated "DNA from a white male". And no, it was not Lin Woods."

But that's who they got it from.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle