Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious about the detective saying there was a lot of movement at the house on Sunday, sure I can understand there would be a lot after she was reported missing, but I cant imagine there would have been too much early on,was MM coming and going, running children around, did they have visitors coming and going.
I wondered why he mentioned this.
I think he was asked the question as to whether anyone else left the property

At roughly around the 5min mark of the presser, the male journo asks about someone leaving the home shortly after Sam left for her run…. And then Supt Hatt went on to say they knew of multiple movements from the home on that Sunday ….

That particular journalist seems to ask very specific questions related to the case … IMO

Presser here:

Post in thread 'Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4'
Australia - Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4
Yes I just wondered if he was Inferring lots of comings and goings before Samantha was reported missing,and where they were all going.

Yes, I added an edit to my post ... channel 9 are getting some spectacular footage of the fires from above. Obviously they can't get right over the fires due to the dangerous updraft.

There is a video here where the Ch9 chopper is above (but well away from) a water-dropping chopper, filming it dropping water on the fires.

Thanks, our posts got caught in the slipstream. I see what you mean now. Terrible.

I agree. Detective acting superintendent Mark Hatt, said there was a lot of movement happening at her house during the day Samantha disappeared

I am sure this will be an important factor for police

But someone has knowledge of her running paths, when she was leaving and persons have been waiting for her at Mount Clear

A vehicle would have been waiting to transport her away

Police would also be looking at any CCTV of vehicles entering those dirt roads from the main road during that morning

The police would have homed in on all the conversations taking place the previous night and morning as part of their electronic surveillance operation and data being used

I feel it's been a planned hit, professionally done, as though she never existed
JMO. Of course there would be heaps of traffic coming and going from the Murphy house on Sunday 4th of FEB. Sam was reported missing. Family, relatives and friends would have been notified, and gone to the house and see what they can do to help. And most probably driven to look for her themselves. I really believe, plus hope this is irrelevent, as if it is important. It is someone that knows her. JMO

I’m tending to think that lack of any evidence, leans less towards a random attack ….. it shouldn’t be as “tidy” as it appears to be, to date …
There should be evidence accidentally left behind ..

Someone she knew … yes close to home … a link somewhere

Family member … Maybe not immediate family, but possibly extended family member who had a grudge or similar?

Possibly planned … Sam had a routine ..

IMO

I was just thinking, when Jill Meagher disappeared there was only CCTV and phone pings for evidence, wasn't there?

And the police were led to Jill by the random killer, after his arrest.

In this case, we know the forest has no CCTV, we don't know what the pings are showing .... yet.

I guess what I am saying is that perhaps in a random attack there isn't necessarily other evidence - as in blood, visible disturbance.

And the police have mentioned perhaps a damaged vehicle or suspicious vehicles, so perhaps they have something there. I was interested in previous comments that maybe they were gathering tree sap due to visible damage to a tree.

imo

I was just thinking, when Jill Meagher disappeared there was only CCTV and phone pings for evidence, wasn't there?

In this case, we know the forest has no CCTV, we don't know what the pings are showing .... yet.

I guess what I am saying is that perhaps in a random attack there isn't necessarily other evidence - as in blood, visible disturbance.

And the police have mentioned perhaps a damaged vehicle or suspicious vehicles, so perhaps they have something there. I was interested in previous comments that maybe they were gathering tree sap due to visible damage to a tree.

imo
bbm, I'm not convinced the police don't have Sam on CCTV, or good reason to believe she might be (not in the forest of course) after Dt. Superintendent Hatt specifically mentioned that they have 12k hours of CCTV to look through. That seems like a huge number that must cover quite a bit of area and potentially time too (ie days after she went missing a damaged car being moved or something). It might mean nothing but it sounded to me like they still think there is a possibility they will find her or someone/thing suspicious on camera somewhere.

imo

On tree sap on a vehicle.

I agree. Detective acting superintendent Mark Hatt, said there was a lot of movement happening at her house during the day Samantha disappeared

I am sure this will be an important factor for police

But someone has knowledge of her running paths, when she was leaving and persons have been waiting for her at Mount Clear

A vehicle would have been waiting to transport her away

Police would also be looking at any CCTV of vehicles entering those dirt roads from the main road during that morning

The police would have homed in on all the conversations taking place the previous night and morning as part of their electronic surveillance operation and data being used

I feel it's been a planned hit, professionally done, as though she never existed
I agree

.... Superintendent Hatt specifically mentioned that they have 12k hours of CCTV to look through....

I wonder that whenever CCTV is mentioned, that this includes dash cam footage? Or maybe using CCTV as an umbrella term.

IMO dash cam footage could be very important, particularly on the forest roads.

Slightly confused by the timeline. I had seen mentioned that Sam’s phone/watch data put her at Mount Clear around 1 hour after she left home. Where does the Golf Club fit into this? Assuming her phone was there after this, has there been mention of what time exactly?

IMO... Samantha's disappearance has been a carefully orchestrated crime....lots of planning, surveillance and preparation...It's not random IMO...I have no doubt that LE are all over it and have a great deal of evidence that we know nothing about....so...motive is paramount to this investigation

Interesting Victoria Police on their official site

Are saying they are in the process of reviewing about 12,000 hours of CCTV footage and following up over 500 separate

pieces of information into Samantha's disappearance.

They are certainly sifting through a lot. A lot of hours to get through.

With new information coming through with police in interviews

I'd say it's the pressure build, for 'people of interest' to come forward or someone who knows something

A deviation from my recent posts. Just watched Sam's daughter's comments in her press conference. I am now considering if she targeted due to the business. Just Jess's comment " Mum is a very strong woman and far to determined to give up this fight".
What fight is this??????

Yes I just wondered if he was Inferring lots of comings and goings before Samantha was reported missing,and where they were all going.
Yes agree that the question was aimed at the time before Samantha was reported missing …
I believe Mark Hatt did say that they had followed up on those movements.
Though, of course, he didn't say what the result was of the follow-up.
Yes agree …. He didn’t give anything away in regards to the answer of the question …. Except by acknowledging he knew about it …. (And more!)

A deviation from my recent posts. Just watched Sam's daughter's comments in her press conference. I am now considering if she targeted due to the business. Just Jess's comment " Mum is a very strong woman and far to determined to give up this fight".
What fight is this??????
A lot of people have discussed this previously, and I think that the general conclusion was she could have been referring to any number of things, such as her having been injured, OR having met w foul play OR it could just have been a turn of phrase. A lot of people absorb phrases like this from things they read or watch and then use them when they need to make a speech or a statement jmo.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong tho!

Slightly confused by the timeline. I had seen mentioned that Sam’s phone/watch data put her at Mount Clear around 1 hour after she left home. Where does the Golf Club fit into this? Assuming her phone was there after this, has there been mention of what time exactly?
No there has been no Police information given about the time…. They are not revealing any of that information at present ….

A lot of people have discussed this previously, and I think that the general conclusion was she could have been referring to any number of things, such as her having been injured, OR having met w foul play OR it could just have been a turn of phrase. A lot of people absorb phrases like this from things they read or watch and then use them when they need to make a speech or a statement jmo.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong tho!
Totally agree with you KP. However it is both their body language. To me it looks they both know about something. I am not into speculation or wild theories, I honestly feel their body language shows knowledge of something that we /do not know yet. JMO.

I really hope they find SM soon for her families sake - it must be awful . I am praying for justice for her and her family . It’s a terrible time for them and must be agonising not to know . My thoughts are with them tonight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patty May