Same-sex couple challenging Michigan's adoption law

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by longtallcold, Jan 24, 2012.

1. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/01/same-sex_couple_challenging_mi.html

That picture of the kids, don't they look happy, loved, well-cared for? That is all I want! Before denying loving parents the chance to adopt foster children, how about we enact laws to take kids away from the ones who are abusing/raping/killing their kids??

PS - Do NOT read the comments section on MLive - they are not indicative of the mentality of most of us Michiganders :)

2. Loading...

3. melissasmom

melissasmom New Member

I agree, that comments section does NOT reflect the views of most of the people I know. But I noticed that a lot of comments on MLive continuously come from the same hate-filled posters. Apparently they have nothing better to do then troll and make inflammtory remarks.
    What I don't understand is how come a same-sex couple can be foster parents, that's fine, but not allowed to adopt? :(

4. Nova

Nova New Member

Well, of course, as soon as I read that, I had to go and read the comments. ;)

Michiganders need not worry: the negative comments are almost all by the same three or four, rather ill-informed posters.