San Antonio PD news conference - 09-Feb-2010

Discussion in 'Gabriel Johnson' started by Texas Mist, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - San Antonio Police Chief William McManus scheduled a news conference about a baby missing since Christmastime.

McManus announced Saturday that the case of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson was being treated as a homicide and that authorities would search a landfill as soon as weather allowed. Police said he would have an update on the case Tuesday morning, but offered no details.

http://www.newschannel10.com/global/story.asp?s=11956739

maybe they'll have uplifting info!!

ETA: this was an AP news release -- everything I find is the same thing...maybe someone w/ local S.A. news will hear more, such as what time the presser will be held.

2. Loading...

3. kissdegirl

kissdegirl New Member

It's a sun shiny day in North Texas...I wonder if it is in SA too? If so, they may be starting the landfill search. :(

4. Gin

Gin Share a smile

Here's a link to a ten day forecast for SA
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX1200

Looks, right now, like there will be a span of nice weather from the 12th to the 16th. (And, of course, the further out forecasts go, the less accurate they may be.)

5. jnTexas

jnTexas Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

6. debloree

debloree New Member

No time on press conf. mentioned here either.

Updated: Tuesday, 09 Feb 2010, 9:14 AM MST
    Published : Tuesday, 09 Feb 2010, 8:45 AM MST

SAN ANTONIO, TX -- San Antonio Police Chief William McManus scheduled a news conference about a baby missing since Christmas time.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/apx_missing_baby_020910

7. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

I have a feeling that's what it is, because people all over are questioning why it hasn't been done yet, and when it's going to begin.

8. Texas Mist

Angel Who Cares posted links that says the landfill search has begun...maybe this is what the presser is about.....I was hoping for something better. :(

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4790320&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.02.09 - Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***[/ame]

9. kissdegirl

kissdegirl New Member

10. Texas Mist

was this all that came out of today's presser??

Search teams excavated an East Side landfill in search of Arizona baby Gabriel Johnson, San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said Tuesday morning.

The search will be conducted from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays.

“While they are searching for a possible body or evidence, the missing person case remains open,” McManus said in a news conference at the landfill.

“We do remain hopeful that Baby Gabriel is alive,” he said.

Erik Vasys, a spokesman for the San Antonio office of the FBI, said they continued to assist in the investigation.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Landfill_search_for_Arizona_baby_begins.html

11. fhc

fhc New Member

it says that this article was updated at 11:35 but i didn't see anything new, unless this is what happened

"Comments have been turned off for this article."

Could there have been anything in comments that was revealing?

12. Ives

Ives New Member

One thing about Texas weather for those that do not live here. If you don'tlike the weather, just wait a minute, it will change(except summer, LOL) Sun shine today, and forcasts have a tendency to be way off at times. it's supposed to be 50 degrees today, but feels warmer.

13. ~PrinceSSa~

~PrinceSSa~ Justice For The Silenced !

14. fhc

fhc New Member

http://www.ksat.com/news/22510061/detail.html

UPDATED: 11:04 am CST February 9, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said officers have begun excavating a landfill for evidence in the disappearance of an 8-month-old boy.

15. kappy50

kappy50 Former Member

45-46 days later....i just don't even want to go to that thought process in my mind!

16. Jamie1984

Jamie1984 New Member

I agree!! I just hope this is for leverage, just for show. Not because it is the last option. I just have to believe there was a reason for not searching sooner, and Baby Gabe will be home soon!!

17. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

I put on HLN and my heart sank........showing phase #1 of clearing garbage away ,
    if baby Gabriel is at the bottom of this.............I can't even type what I am thinking.......
    I'm just sick thinking about this.
    Even though LE is still looking for an alive baby.
    Something tells me he is buried in that rubble.
    IF they can ever find him alive or deceased, it will be a miracle. JMOO

18. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

WHY didn't they search back at the first of this just to rule it out?????
    THEY had talked about the cost, NOW what do they think it will cost!!!!
    Oh I am so upset.
    If they do find baby Gabriel, I hope they slap murder on TSP, hubby and EJ !!!

19. Amster

Amster Active Member

Elizabeth should be forced to be out there everyday. Make her watch.

20. RainyGirl

RainyGirl Inactive

ITA. I just watched that segment on HLN and it is heartwrenching and seems like such an impossible task. When you think of the sheer volume of post-holiday garbage and the weeks that have gone by......what a daunting task. I don't know what to think. I will continue to hope and pray that Gabriel is found safe and sound and returned to the Daddy/family that loves him. I just wish someone....somehow....could crack into the mind of EJ. Has she been secretly been talking to LE? No matter the outcome, I hope she never sees the light of a free day again.....and I hope any co-conspirators join her!

21. RainyGirl

RainyGirl Inactive

I agree! She needs to tell the truth NOW and while the landfill search is happening, EJ needs to be "on the front lines" with the rest of the crew. It is a dirty, smelly, disgusting and thankless job the searchers are performing (bless them) and she needs to be shoulder-to-shoulder with them!!

ETA: I wonder if TS is free to do any searching in that landfill??? Can you say "community service hours"? JMO.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.