PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Saudi Arabia - Woman's beheading in parking lot filmed, man arrested

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by zwiebel, Jan 18, 2015.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A leaked video of a woman's execution in a parking lot in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, has caused shockwaves throughout the world.

'A Myanmar woman beheaded in a Saudi street this week for killing her husband's young daughter is seen screaming her innocence in a video posted on the Internet Saturday.

Saudi authorities have arrested someone for filming the incident, said local newspaper websites, including Okaz and Al-Riyadh, in reports accompanied by still shots from the recording.

They did not say what the arrest was for.

The official Saudi Press Agency said Monday that Layla bint Abdul Mutaleb Bassim was executed in the Muslim holy city of Mecca for killing her husband's six-year-old daughter.'...

http://www.france24.com/en/20150117...ditorial&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter

The leaked video is at this link. WARNING, GRAPHIC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c83_1421339442

ETA: This was a state-sanctioned execution and there doesn't seem to be a law against filming it, despite the man's apparent arrest. So officially, no crime has been committed. That's why I've posted the story here and not in crimes in the news.

2. KEVINinTO

KEVINinTO Former Member

Obviously this has NOTHING to do with Islam! Islam is a religion of peace [sarcasm]

3. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

I'm offended.

4. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Executions generally aren't pretty. All things considered it was a much quicker kill than the electric chair.

Sure didn't look very professional, I have to wonder if the executioner was her ex-husband or another relative of the little girl. The victim's family has the right to kill the condemned themselves if they want to, OR spare their life. The woman can be glad that the swordsman tried to be quick; he did a fairly decent albeit awkward job.

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I wonder if it is even true that she killed the girl.

6. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I have no faith in any justice system that treats women as non human.

7. Lulu14

Lulu14 New Member

Her husband saying she did is enough for a guilty verdict. Wonderful system, no?

And a parking lot?

I can't believe I live in the same times as these people.