Saw this story today

Awww, the poor kitties (the video accompanying it has as part of the story another kitten that was rescued from a storm drain). Thankfully both kitties are fine and are going to be put up for adoption to good homes.

The one found in the USPS mailbox: the cute little van kitten reminds me of our beloved JennyFur... she was a van and walked the rainbow bridge about 5 years ago.

The video talked about how that it is against the law to abandon pets in that area. I need to check and see if Maryland has a similar law... being as we are known as the "cat" people (we do rescues and take part in keeping the neighborhood feral community taken care of by keeping them fixed and up-to-date on shots) we have had numerous cats abandoned at our door/in our backyard. We don't mind taking care of and finding homes for abandoned cats, but we wish people could be held responsible for such reckless behavior because when they abandon their pets, even if it is in our backyard without us knowing, are taking a risk of putting the pet in danger. Pets deserve respect, too, and if one can't take care of a pet at the very least the owner should attempt to find it a good home, instead of abandoning it.

"Animal abandonment laws"-- great idea!! Every state should have (and enforce) laws dealing with this problem.

Awww, the poor kitties (the video accompanying it has as part of the story another kitten that was rescued from a storm drain). Thankfully both kitties are fine and are going to be put up for adoption to good homes.

The one found in the USPS mailbox: the cute little van kitten reminds me of our beloved JennyFur... she was a van and walked the rainbow bridge about 5 years ago.

The video talked about how that it is against the law to abandon pets in that area. I need to check and see if Maryland has a similar law... being as we are known as the "cat" people (we do rescues and take part in keeping the neighborhood feral community taken care of by keeping them fixed and up-to-date on shots) we have had numerous cats abandoned at our door/in our backyard. We don't mind taking care of and finding homes for abandoned cats, but we wish people could be held responsible for such reckless behavior because when they abandon their pets, even if it is in our backyard without us knowing, are taking a risk of putting the pet in danger. Pets deserve respect, too, and if one can't take care of a pet at the very least the owner should attempt to find it a good home, instead of abandoning it.

ITA! Everyone in the neighborhood knows that I volunteer in animal rescue and do what I can in the neighborhood. Lots of us feed the strays and have had them trapped and neutered. If I see a dog running loose I go out of my way to find the owner and return it. Some people take advantage of this though. Apparently, because I work with a rescue group, someone thought it was a good idea to drop off a cardboard box with holes punched in it on my front porch! It contained 3 newborn kittens with their cords still attached. By the time I got home from work 2 had died. I rushed them all to the vet but the third didn't make it. Based on their body temperatures the vet said they had basically been in a sauna all day. It was very traumatic for my daughter to witness this! Did people do this because they truly thought I could help? No, they were too lazy to even make sure someone was home. :mad:

petresq: they probably dropped them off when you weren't home, purposely, so they wouldn't get caught leaving them. I am sorry to hear that your daughter had to experience that. And I am sorry for you, as well... I know it broke your heart. :( We got lucky with the last time someone came to our home with a box... they actually knocked on the door and roughly shook the box at my J asking what to do with the loudly mewing black kitten with a very long tail, inside. I am happy to say, 3 years on, that little black kitten is now known as Elphaba, the queen of my side of the bed and MY pillow. LoL And while we thought she would grow into her tail: the tail kept growing! It's a long tail and she is very protective of it... you do NOT touch her tail at any cost. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back