GUILTY SC - Alexis Lukaitis, 27, found murdered, Ravenel, 12 August 2010

I hope there are some forensics on her body, as this surely does not sound like a case where this is the murderer's first time committing such a crime.

I wonder how she even encountered whoever killed her. Sounds like she was just going about her day as planned until she was suddenly out of contact with her loved ones. How sad and terrifying.

Agreed. Thanks for joining me here. It would be interesting to know if other women have gone missing in the area under similar circumstances.

It is my understanding she started out from Bluffton, which is Beaufort County, and oddly enough her car was returned back to Bluffton.

It is my understanding she started out from Bluffton, which is Beaufort County, and oddly enough her car was returned back to Bluffton.

Thank you for that. I need to create a google map, but I'm still reviewing stories and I'm not super map-savvy.

Wow, this is a strange one for sure. I feel just horrible for her babies!!

Any locals that understand the discrepancy between her trip to Charleston and her car being found in Beaufort?

Beufort is about 30 mi (40 min) up the coast from Bluffton, towards Charleston. The trip from Bluffton all the way to Charleston is about 200 mi (2-1/4 hr). I wonder if she pulled over on her way back from Chas (Charleston) to get out and stretch, use the restroom, or whatever...?

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/9-UCYWLSGLfdnv56dDGhpQ

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/aug/12/body-identified-as-bluffton-woman/

Bartley and Lukaitis have twins who will turn 2 years old next month on Bartley's birthday. Bartley and Lukaitis were both originally from the New Jersey area and had known each other for years when they decided to follow his parents to Beaufort County a few years ago, friends said.

Oh, this is so sad and senseless. Hopefully, the car will have some forensic info that will nail this murderer. Does SC have the death penalty? Going to catch up now and see if there is anything i missed.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?sour...7689,3.532104&z=8&iwloc=00048da54c0498091ca47

Ok, here is my first try at a map. I have noted the location where she was found, the location of her car, her destination of Charleston, and the town she lived in. Looking at this makes the story more clear for me. Apparently she was found less than half way between Charleston and her hometown, but her car is found in her hometown. This suggests to me that someone from Bluffton is responsible, hence dumping the car nearby.

Perhaps a local can weigh in again here: She spoke to her fiance at 7:45 and said she would be home in about 1 hour. However, based on our map, she is less than halfway home. Could she have made it home in an hour from the location in which she was found? This must have happened right after the fiance talked to her. Any other theories?

Her poor fiance and family... I hope those babies will know all about their Mom. This is one family I can more empathize with. I am glad she was found quickly, so they didn't have to wonder forever.

This case is virtually identical to my cousin's murder. The only difference I see at this point is she was stabbed and my cousin was strangled.

Victim - blonde, blue eyes, petite.

Circumstances surrounding the disappearance (with a friend, supposed to be home shortly and then just didn't show up, car found in parking lot)

Time missing before body was found despite the area the body was dumped (24-48 hours)

Condition the body was found in (clothes still at the scene)

Circumstances under which the body was found (workers found both)

The location is almost identical...dirt road...this is exactly what the crime scene in my cousin's case looks like. The difference being that you had to park and walk, to get to hers. This is the dirt road Alexis was found on, just a short distance down it. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....754275,-80.345979&spn=0.007778,0.013797&z=16

This is what it looks like as you begin the short distance drive then hike for my cousin's crime scene:

entrance.jpg

Oddly enough...it just occurred to me, the passage of many years could easily cause one to just dump a body on he side of the road rather than hike to better conceal it. :waitasec:

I am well aware the odds of a connection are like zero, or less. If it turns out this was not someone who knew Alexis then a connection would be more possible.

It was just too creepy. I felt like I was reading my cousin's case file. :waitasec:

Her poor fiance and family... I hope those babies will know all about their Mom. This is one family I can more empathize with. I am glad she was found quickly, so they didn't have to wonder forever.

This case is virtually identical to my cousin's murder. The only difference I see at this point is she was stabbed and my cousin was strangled.

Victim - blonde, blue eyes, petite.

Circumstances surrounding the disappearance (with a friend, supposed to be home shortly and then just didn't show up, car found in parking lot)

Time missing before body was found despite the area the body was dumped (24-48 hours)

Condition the body was found in (clothes still at the scene)

Circumstances under which the body was found (workers found both)

The location is almost identical...dirt road...this is exactly what the crime scene in my cousin's case looks like. The difference being that you had to park and walk, to get to hers. This is the dirt road Alexis was found on, just a short distance down it. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....754275,-80.345979&spn=0.007778,0.013797&z=16

This is what it looks like as you begin the short distance drive then hike for my cousin's crime scene:

entrance.jpg

Oddly enough...it just occurred to me, the passage of many years could easily cause one to just dump a body on he side of the road rather than hike to better conceal it. :waitasec:

I am well aware the odds of a connection are like zero, or less. If it turns out this was not someone who knew Alexis then a connection would be more possible.

It was just too creepy. I felt like I was reading my cousin's case file. :waitasec:

Wow! The similarities are striking. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you didn't have to wonder forever either.

A suspect is in custody....great news for her family. http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12947633.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back