SC SC - Amir Jennings, 18 mo., Columbia, Nov 2011

Another story where the Grandma called 911 to report Amir missing. Earily similar to OCA's case. They are all copy cats now. What a travesty of justice and now it seems there are so many children missing and the Mom's all have these stupid outrageous stories. It's flat out disgusting. There are so many I can think of from just the last couple of months. Little Lisa, Sky, Ayala, Amir, Bianca, on and on.... These Mothers need to be held accountable. Sky's Mother is still home searching the web for a sugar daddy. :banghead:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2012/01/04/sc_police_mother_wont_tell_them_where_son_is/
The chief says Jennings told inconsistent stories, saying her son was with friends in North Carolina and Georgia....snip...Scott says Jennings' mother has told police her daughter's behavior changed after Amir was born.

How long can Post-partum depression last?

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...so-carolina-boy-still-missing-mother-arrested
Their family reported them missing to police in early December after receiving a series of disturbing phone calls in which Zinah had discussed her ongoing battle with depression.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/166330/2/Police-on-Missing-Toddler-We-Have-Not-Ruled-Out-Foul-Play
"We are not stopping now," Scott says. "We don't know and until we know we will not stop looking, questioning family members, friends." If you have have information on Amir's whereabouts, please call Crimestoppers at 1-888 CRIME SC.

Includes Video:
http://news.midlandscrimestoppers.com/2012/01/police-mother-of-missing-child-not.html

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    334.1 KB · Views: 12
How long can Post-partum depression last?

If left untreated it can last for months or years. I know personally I have been coping with it since my son was born 19 months ago. It is very mild, but there enough that I notice it, mostly I just get weepy at random times and I don't sleep very well, I'm on hormone therapy to help with it. HTH!

I am so angry that this is not being blasted all over the tv news. Surely, this woman had contacts and LE needs to follow those links. ATL Le is saying that Columbia is not communicating with them and they are acting like its not their problem.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...-coordination-slow-search-for-missing-toddler

NG did cover Amir last night, FWIW, and had on at least one radio personality who was determined to cover it. But I fear Amir is deceased and has been for some time, and do not think he will be spotted alive anywhere. JMO

I haven't found anything, anywhere saying this child has been found. WHY IS THIS NOT ALL OVER THE NEWS? I'd love to know what is going on, what searches are being done and how we can help.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/166330/2/Police-on-Missing-Toddler-We-Have-Not-Ruled-Out-Foul-Play

The road between Atlanta and Columia is a long one....

I am so angry that this is not being blasted all over the tv news. Surely, this woman had contacts and LE needs to follow those links. ATL Le is saying that Columbia is not communicating with them and they are acting like its not their problem.
http://www.11alive.com/news/article...-coordination-slow-search-for-missing-toddler

BBM...can you link to where Atlanta LE is saying it is not their problem? I have seen this on the news from at least 2 states and on Nancy Grace, which is obviously national.

Columbia LE specifically stated in your video link that they have tracked down all of Z's stories but none have proven to be true.

Honestly, just like with Caylee, it is almost impossible to even know where to start after a month and all these lies.

It's also possible that Zinah honestly doesn't remember what happened to Amir. If her depression got into psychosis, she could well have killed him and blocked it out. (Andrea Yates had legitimate post-partum psychosis. She honestly believed she was doing what was best for her children. It's scary stuff.) What I don't quite understand is why the family didn't watch her a little better? I am not blaming her family per se, but she had disappeared before for days on end with Amir...I wonder if they had offered to keep him?

For filicidal research postpartum depression is typically discounted as a contributing factor at the 6-12 month mark (depending on the study), however, depression is prevalent in roughly 70% of all filicides according to some research that has been conducted and women are more likely to develop mental illness during the postpartum period than at any other time.

Psychotic maternal filicides account for less than half of all maternal filicides though, in my opinion, extrapolating data from studies. Many women who kill their children are mentally ill but still clearly able to differentiate between right and wrong; e.g. depression, personality, anxiety and mood disorders.

Susan Smith, Diane Downs, Darlie Routier and Casey Anthony are all examples of mentally ill but not psychotic women who committed non-psychotic filicides. Dena Schlosser and Andrea Yates are very classic examples of psychotic filicides.

Typically in cases of psychotic filicide a confession, or sometimes a suicide attempt, is almost instantaneous. I cannot personally recall a psychotic filicide occurring in which the parent lied to authorities or attempted to conceal their involvement, the child's whereabouts or the nature of the crime. FWIW and JMO

It's also possible that Zinah honestly doesn't remember what happened to Amir. If her depression got into psychosis, she could well have killed him and blocked it out. (Andrea Yates had legitimate post-partum psychosis. She honestly believed she was doing what was best for her children. It's scary stuff.) What I don't quite understand is why the family didn't watch her a little better? I am not blaming her family per se, but she had disappeared before for days on end with Amir...I wonder if they had offered to keep him?

I also wondered if she knows where he is - and the possibility of drug use - seems like that is almost always the case when young children are 'missing'.

For filicidal research postpartum depression is typically discounted as a contributing factor at the 6-12 month mark (depending on the study), however, depression is prevalent in roughly 70% of all filicides according to some research that has been conducted and women are more likely to develop mental illness during the postpartum period than at any other time.

Psychotic maternal filicides account for less than half of all maternal filicides though, in my opinion, extrapolating data from studies. Many women who kill their children are mentally ill but still clearly able to differentiate between right and wrong; e.g. depression, personality, anxiety and mood disorders.

Susan Smith, Diane Downs, Darlie Routier and Casey Anthony are all examples of mentally ill but not psychotic women who committed non-psychotic filicides. Dena Schlosser and Andrea Yates are very classic examples of psychotic filicides.

Typically in cases of psychotic filicide a confession, or sometimes a suicide attempt, is almost instantaneous. I cannot personally recall a psychotic filicide occurring in which the parent lied to authorities or attempted to conceal their involvement, the child's whereabouts or the nature of the crime. FWIW and JMO

True...but I'm just wondering if she really doesn't know. I wasn't aware that Susan Smith, Diane Downs, Darlie Routier or Casey Anthony were mentally ill...they had personality disorders. They are different things. Mental illness is a biochemical imbalance in the brain that can usually be treated with medication. Personality disorders can't really be treated (those are your psychopaths, sociopaths, borderline personalities). At any rate, they all had a story and stuck to it, they didn't say they didn't know what happened or change their story. It's very...mentally ill to change what happened to her son. To not have a concrete story in her head and stick to it. Mentally ill people who are in the heights of psychosis tend to get really out there with stories and they often don't know what really happened. That's why they have the insanity defense-they don't know right from wrong because they can't distinguish reality from fantasy. That's what concerns me. I'm not sure she knows what reality is.

Here we go again!! How to get away with disappearing your kid 101. Thanks P12 and all you words not allowed here, lol. Grrr.

I think 2011 was the year of "disappearing your kid and getting away with it". We have Lisa, Sky, Jhessie, Bianca, (possibly Ayla), and now Amir. Why isn't anyone being arrested or charged? It's like parents just have to have to hide the body and they get away with it. I'm frustrated to tears right now.

Where is this precious little boy?

I am hoping for a miracle here. I don't expect it, or really even believe this child is still alive.
But my heart won't let me give up on this cute little fella for some reason. I think I'm just weary of all these lost children, and negligent or psychopathic parents. It's getting to be too much.

Amir needs to be our miracle this week. He's just a little thing, and he needs to come home.

This baby has not been seen in over a month...the mother did not report him missing. What is different between this case and that of Caylee Anthony? This case certainly is generating the attention or concern, not to mention the media hysteria, as did Caylee's. The situation is basically identical. And yet, almost nothing reported, very little attention, even here on WS. Sad...

This baby has not been seen in over a month...the mother did not report him missing. What is different between this case and that of Caylee Anthony? This case certainly is generating the attention or concern, not to mention the media hysteria, as did Caylee's. The situation is basically identical. And yet, almost nothing reported, very little attention, even here on WS. Sad...

It's very sad. It really is just kind of depressing because this baby needs to be found. People can't look if they don't know about him.

The murder of Aliahna is getting tons of attention because that case is so gruesome and the family situation is very bizarre. People are drawn to those more often, so the media will flock to those cases and compete for the sleazy details. Casey and her dysfunctional family had the same draw.

I also think some people are getting burned out over all these beautiful children being harmed by family members, and they may be pulling away because there are so many lately. I feel that way myself. But if we don't give these little ones a voice....no one else will.

Is there anything we at WS can do to get more media attention for Amir?

There doesn't seem to be a family member to speak to the media, at least not that I have seen so far; that is what usually draws the stations. But I'm just so cynical, I am not sure this child would seem as "interesting" a case as a Caylee...

There doesn't seem to be a family member to speak to the media, at least not that I have seen so far; that is what usually draws the stations. But I'm just so cynical, I am not sure this child would seem as "interesting" a case as a Caylee...

I agree with you.....

This Mom seems to possibly be having real mental issues vs. just being evil based on what we know at this point. That could change as more facts come out....

Is there even a facebook for Amir? It would be nice if that could get started, and if a family member could make some noise.

I wonder what she told all her friends when they asked her where her baby boy was?

I agree with you.....

This Mom seems to possibly be having real mental issues vs. just being evil based on what we know at this point. That could change as more facts come out....

Is there even a facebook for Amir? It would be nice if that could get started, and if a family member could make some noise.

I wonder what she told all her friends when they asked her where her baby boy was?

If she has people she sees regularly I imagine she said he was with grandma...or with a "nanny" for that matter. From photos they showed on NG, some appeared to be mug shots, so she may have had trouble in the past, and not had a "regular" lifestyle where his absence would be noticed or seem unusual. And while the grandmother is desperate, according to police, she may not be one who has the ability to be the force one needs to be to "manage" a case like this and all that goes with it. Very sad; I fear Amir is probably dead and has been for some time. She may well be mentally ill. JMO

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/agencies-georgia-south-carolina-search-missing-chi/nGFzR/

To aid in the case, Scott has called in the help of Atlanta based-FBI agents, who are following up on "good leads."

Channel 2's Tony Thomas stopped by the southwest Atlanta home where Amir Jennings' aunt lives Wednesday, but she would not come to the door.

Authorities are pleading for anyone who knows where Amir is or may have spotted him in the past few weeks to call police.

Atlanta FBI agents said anyone with information can call them directly at 404-679-9000.

The FBI is involved now. I think this is getting less media hype that Caylee because the family is not talking and we don't have the same sunshine laws. The stories are, however, being updated regularly and the local media is definitely following it.

Facebook page for Amir: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Amir-Jennings/253379741395908?sk=wall&filter=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back