GUILTY SC - Antwan Bailey, 18, Spartanburg, 22 Nov 2012

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20...s-found-off-Winding-Way-in-Spartanburg-County

A man picking mushrooms with his daughter Sunday found a skeleton lying in the woods off Winding Way in Spartanburg County.

Violent crimes investigators with the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office, as well as coroner’s office investigators, have been processing the area off Highway 56 where the remains were discovered, which is near a shuttered greenhouse company.

The body has not been positively identified.

The sheriff’s office is treating this as a homicide until evidence indicates that is not the case. The investigation is ongoing.

Maybe?

There's another female missing from Spartanburg - it's been 12 years she's been missing. Could be either, I suppose.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20130411/articles/130419940

The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office has charged a 23-year-old Pacolet man with armed robbery and murder after skeletal remains were discovered earlier this week near Camp Croft.

Authorities identified the suspect as Wade Jermel Shippy, 23, of 811 Jerusalem Road, Pacolet.

The name of the victim, whose body was discovered Sunday in a wooded area off Winding Way, has not been released. Authorities are working to notify his next of kin, which is expected to happen today.

Interesting they've already arrested someone. I'm thinking they had evidence on this guy but wanted the body before charging him. I'll be surprised if this isn't Antwan, especially based on the charges for the guy arrested.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/21918636/dad-daughter-walking-in-woods-find-decomposed-body

When they initially found the body, Wright said investigators treated it as a "who done it" case. He said they went through missing persons files and when they connected it to Bailey's case, they learned that 23-year-old Wade Shippy was the last person to be seen with the victim alive.

After going back and forth in talks with Shippy, deputies said he eventually admitted to robbing, assaulting and harming Bailey.

Deputies said Shippy's cell phone activity and his story placed him in the area where the body was found. He was arrested just after midnight, early Thursday morning.

Shippy was charged with murder and armed robbery. According to his arrest warrants, Shippy struck Bailey, killing him, and also stole cash from him while armed with a weapon.

This is my hometown and I kept reading all I could find on this, which wasn't much. It never explained why he had a guardian. But I know when it was on the news, they mentioned he left with someone. I felt like they knew who and that the guardian did too. Can't find the articles I saw on the news, but just the way it was worded by newscasters. When this man (Shippy) was arrested, that cleared it up. They must have been waiting on proof he was dead.When an adult with mental or physical disabilties (?) is into things that may not be right, or hanging out with pople who may not be good for them, there is still little you can do to stop it. So sad.

Antwan, I'm so sorry that someone deceived and harmed you. You didn't deserve that. :(

My heart goes out to Kimberly West, who tried to give Antwan a better life.

So sad to hear about this unfortunate turn of events. Praying for justice for Antwan.

From August 2014:

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26365012/pacolet-man-sentenced-in-2012-slaying

A judge sentenced a Pacolet man to 40 years in prison Monday after the man admitted that he took money from an acquaintance and used a brick to kill him.

The solicitor's office said Wade Shippy, 25, pled guilty to voluntary manslaughter and armed robbery hours before his trial was scheduled to begin...

"Antwan Bailey was interested in purchasing a car and Wade Shippy was going to help him find one," Deputy Solicitor Derrick Bulsa said. "The defendant got greedy and decided to take Antwan Bailey's money. He left the victim to die."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back