Found Deceased SC - A'sha Rucker, 17, Williamston, 18 Nov 2009

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/apr/20/mother-strangled-williamston-teen-dies-ar-103761/

WILLIAMSTON, S.C. --
Teresa Rucker, 41, of Williamston, died at AnMed Hospital in Anderson on arrival, according to the Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore.

The cause of death is unknown at this time. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.

Rucker was the mother of an Anderson teenager, A’sha, who was found strangled to death in Nov. 2009.

Teresa Rucker was found at 4 Crescent Drive in Williamston, according to the Williamston Police chief.

Williamston Police, the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office and the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office are all investigating the case because of the connection to A’sha’s death investigation.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/apr/20/mother-strangled-williamston-teen-dies-ar-103761/

WILLIAMSTON, S.C. --
Teresa Rucker, 41, of Williamston, died at AnMed Hospital in Anderson on arrival, according to the Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore.

The cause of death is unknown at this time. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.

Rucker was the mother of an Anderson teenager, A’sha, who was found strangled to death in Nov. 2009.

Teresa Rucker was found at 4 Crescent Drive in Williamston, according to the Williamston Police chief.

Williamston Police, the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office and the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office are all investigating the case because of the connection to A’sha’s death investigation.

That poor family....I feel so badly for them. :(

I hope LE gets to the bottom of what's going on pronto!!

Williamston Homicide Victim's Mother Dies
Police: Lavette Rucker Died Of Overdose

POSTED: 12:23 pm EDT April 20, 2010
UPDATED: 12:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010

WILLIAMSTON, S.C. -- Williamston police confirmed that the mother of homicide victim A'Sha Rucker died Tuesday.

Chief Richard Inman said Lavette Rucker's mother found her in her Williamston home Tuesday morning. She was rushed to AnMed, where she was pronounced dead, Inman said.

The chief said the death is being investigated as an overdose, and he's not prepared to call it a suicide.

more here

http://www.wyff4.com/news/23207417/detail.html

Quote from the article

"As part of the investigation, officers have executed numerous search warrants, subpoenaed phone records for Rucker and people she knew, and have gotten statements from friends and family members.

"Once the facts come out and are known, I think people will have a greater understanding of why it took so long to solve this case," said Williamston Police Chief Richard Inman."

So yesterday A'sha's death was ruled a death a homicide by strangulation and today her mother is found dead from an overdose? Perhaps they weren't "rumors" and she did in fact have something to do with her daughters death?

Or perhaps she was overcome with grief and decided to end her own life so that she could be reunited with her daughter.

Or someone (perhaps the same person who killed A'sha) killed Lavette and made it look like a suicide...

As of right now, they are rumors.. and the chief said he was not prepared to call this a suicide.

So it took five months to determine a cause of death via strangulation? WTF? Or it took five months to release it, as I think someone pointed out earlier.

My thing is the timing.....

I understand that A'sha's mother may have been grief stricken and could have taken her own life with drugs, either accidentally or on purpose. BUT I do find the timing very, VERY odd.

And then there's this from the article Ladybug quoted...

"As part of the investigation, officers have executed numerous search warrants, subpoenaed phone records for Rucker and people she knew, and have gotten statements from friends and family members.

"Once the facts come out and are known, I think people will have a greater understanding of why it took so long to solve this case," said Williamston Police Chief Richard Inman."

I think the facts are going to come out SOON now.
Ladybug.....I think you and I are thinking the same thing. I think, in light of this new information and what's happened, we're going to find out very soon what really happened to A'sha. That would make sense, if person(s) involved in A'sha's murder are now deceased. There would be no criminal case for LE to avoid tainting by releasing information.

My opinion may not be a popular one, but I believed from the beginning that A'sha's mother knew exactly what happened to A'sha.

I haven't heard one account, via media, LE or rumor (I'm local) that anyone other than A'sha's mother saw her leave 4 Cresent Drive alive.

Ok i was following this but soon had to get off. I just want to let everyone know that i stopped replying bc i was not of age and had to wait to continue on the wedsite. I am now of age and have returned. I have new information on Asha. If anyone is still interested in this story please reply and i will give you the new information. I would love for everyone to know. Thank you all for the support and i hope many of you reply.

-Brezzie

And here we go folks...as predicted....

WILLIAMSTON, S.C. --
Taresa LaVette Rucker, 41, of Williamston, died at AnMed Hospital in Anderson on arrival, according to the Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore.

Williamston Police officials said her death appeared to be the result of an apparent overdose, but they cannot be sure until the autopsy and toxicology results are reported.

An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.

Rucker was the mother of an Anderson teenager, A’sha Rucker, who was found dead in November 2009 near an abandoned home on Long Cane Lane in Greenville County. Williamston Police Captain Philip Brown says no suspects have been named but that Taresa LaVette Rucker was a person of interest.
The Greenville County coroner confirmed Monday (April 19, 2010) that A'sha Rucker was strangled.

A'sha's mother, Taresa LaVette Rucker, was found at 4 Crescent Drive in Williamston, according to the Williamston Police chief.

Law enforcement officers were interviewing family and neighbor’s about what happened to Taresa LaVette Rucker Tuesday after her death.

Gosh, as odd as this case was from the start, I really didn't think the mom had anything to do with it.
Poor grandma - Her grand daughter was murdered, then she finds her daughter and she dies from overdose.

Very sad case.

It will be interesting to see the facts as they come out. I don't like to make comments about a family member being involved, so I usually keep them to myself unless it is overly obvious that they were. I don't know why, but I felt something was a little "off" with this story (the mother in particular). If she was responsible, I don't think she acted alone though...IMO

I'm with you on trying to keep the family out of it. Until they are named a POI.
Seems A'sha's Mom was and we never knew it.

Very sad.

Ok i was following this but soon had to get off. I just want to let everyone know that i stopped replying bc i was not of age and had to wait to continue on the wedsite. I am now of age and have returned. I have new information on Asha. If anyone is still interested in this story please reply and i will give you the new information. I would love for everyone to know. Thank you all for the support and i hope many of you reply.

-Brezzie

Welcome back! Please post whatever you would like to share with us. There is another thread for A'sha...

Maybe a mod can combine them?

Ok. Thank you so much. In the article above it says that they are not sure of suicide, well we are to believe that it was. She was a person of interest and we were told that the police were going to arrest her this morning seeing as how the reports were that of stranglation. So far they are pretty sure of her mother doing it, as though that information has not been released.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2010/apr/20/mother-homicide-victim-found-dead-williamston-home/

The criminal investigation into the death of a 17-year-old Williamston girl took a strange and tragic twist this morning when her mother was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in her Williamston home.

Williamston Police Chief Richard Inman said of Teresa LaVette Rucker, 41, that, “It appears Ms. Rucker died of an overdose, but we do not know for sure. We are meeting with the Anderson County Coroner later today.”

Rucker was pronounced dead at AnMed Health Medical Center in Anderson at 9:05 a.m. today.

Rucker’s death, Inman said, adds another chapter to the ongoing investigation into the November death of her daughter, A’sha Rucker.

Inman said LaVette Rucker has long been considered a person of interest in the homicide investigation because she is believed to have been the last person to see the girl alive.

Full story at above link.

In the article above it says that they are not sure of suicide, well we are to believe that it was. She was a person of interest and we were told that the police were going to arrest her this morning seeing as how the reports were that of stranglation. So far they are pretty sure of her mother doing it, as though that information has not been released.

In the article above it says that they are not sure of suicide, well we are to believe that it was. She was a person of interest and we were told that the police were going to arrest her this morning seeing as how the reports were that of stranglation. So far they are pretty sure of her mother doing it, as though that information has not been released.

Can you provide a link? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that A'sha's mother was going to be arrested, only that she was a POI.

Coroner: LaVette Rucker died of natural causes

* By Rick Spruill
* Posted April 21, 2010 at 3:45 p.m.

ANDERSON — An autopsy performed by the Anderson County coroner shows that 41-year-old LaVette Rucker died of congestive heart failure.

County Coroner Greg Shore ruled out the possibility that Rucker, who was pronounced dead at AnMed Health around 9 a.m. on Tuesday, was the victim of a drug overdose.

“This is definitely not an intentional death,” Shore said Wednesday afternoon. “Ms. Rucker had a bad heart, was obese and had a medical history that complicated her underlying cardiac issues.”

Shore said toxicology results revealed that prescription drugs Rucker had been taking did not contribute to her death.
He said the interview scheduled between investigators, Rucker and Drawdy later this week was to discuss the possibility of naming Rucker as an official suspect.

“We’ve pursued leads all the way to North Carolina, conducted dozens of interviews and seized property, including LaVette’s Dodge Magnum, which we still have,” Inman said.

He said whether an arrest warrant was imminent depended on the outcome of that interview.

“Under Miranda laws, law enforcement must tell someone when they are officially considered a suspect,” Inman said. “It does not mean they are placed under arrest. It would be unfair to LaVette to suggest we were going to arrest and charge her.”

Inman said facts from the investigation would be made available soon, but did not give an exact date.

Drawdy said, “My fear is the police will close the case and suspicions will always be pointed at the mother, and Falon will live with those doubts.

more here

http://www.independentmail.com/news...vette-rucker-died-natural-causes/?partner=RSS

WOW :eek:
So, it wasn't a drug overdose.

The timing was so odd to die of natural causes. I just knew it must have been overdose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back