GUILTY SC - Briana Nicole Rabon, 18, Elgin, 27 Feb 2014

Ben Hoover ‏@benhoover 11h

My live interview with Kershaw Co. Sheriff Jim Matthews on arrest in #BrianaRabon murder investigation... http://youtu.be/p8XpCRva4PQ?a

I'm only seeing a speeding violation (?)

Not sure if you put in his middle name or not, but it shows up for me.

Stephen Ross Kelly

Sheriff: 21-year-old murder suspect had criminal history, knew Briana Rabon

In a press conference Saturday, Matthews said Kelly is facing murder, kiddnapping and criminal sexual conduct charges.

<snipped>
This isn't Kelly's first run in with the law.

According to court records Kelly plead guilty last November for receiving stolen goods worth $10,000 or more. He was sentenced to time served in jail and given 3 years probation. He was also ordered to pay $1,000 in restitution.

In June, he was arrested for criminal domestic violence (first offense) for assaulting his girlfriend at the time and that case is currently pending in Kershaw County court.
<snipped>

Video of presser: http://www.wistv.com/story/24856702/arrest-made-in-briana-rabon-murder

I'm only seeing a speeding violation (?)

I just entered his first and last name an I could see all the charges. There are several there. There are other Stephen Kelly's, so enter Ross, to make it easier to find.

Sad to think that if he hadn't been sentenced to time served and probation, he would still be behind bars and Briana would be alive right now.

Sheriff says he's '100 percent' confident his officers arrested the right suspect in the killing of 18-year-old Briana Rabon

<snipped>
Initially, Matthews said his officers thought they'd developed a person of interest based on images from a surveillance video at the Waffle House, but he said that lead turned out to be false. However, other video taken from a gas station next to the restaurant, plus video from the neighborhood near where her body was found, led them to identify a vehicle that likely was involved. When they tracked down the car, that led them to Kelly.

They asked Kelly to come to the sheriff's office for questioning Friday, and they say he volunteered. During questioning, however, Matthews says the suspect's account of his whereabouts changed several times, and the suspect eventually stopped talking and asked for a lawyer. Matthews said he did admit to being with Rabon hours before the killing.
<snipped>

Read more here: http://www.wltx.com/story/news/crime/2014/03/01/briana-rabon-killing-kershaw-county/5923847/

WTH creates such a young abuser? Clearly, he seemed broken up about his brother. How could he take someone else's child from them?

Anyone know how to make those great maps I have seen created on other cases? Here are some key locations in this case. I am not aware how to label and make a good map.

SK house ...939 Leslie Branham Rd Lugoff SC

Waffle House where Briana's car found....525 US 601 Lugoff SC

Kangaroo gas station right next door to Waffle House caught SK at Waffle House

Briana's work...Tilted Kilt Pub 380 Columbiana Dr Columbia SC

Briana found....Haigs Creek Dr. Elgin SC This is Haigs Creek neighborhood. Reports say she was found on dirt road behind this neighborhood. If you look to the left of Haigs Creek Dr. there is a dirt road in the woods. Video I saw of the crime scene was on a curve and there is only one curve in the dirt road so I believe that is the exact location.
She was also a hostess at Hooters according to reports

Thanks to anyone that can do this for me!!!

Anyone know how to make those great maps I have seen created on other cases? Here are some key locations in this case. I am not aware how to label and make a good map.

SK house ...939 Leslie Branham Rd Lugoff SC

Waffle House where Briana's car found....525 US 601 Lugoff SC

Kangaroo gas station right next door to Waffle House caught SK at Waffle House

Briana's work...Tilted Kilt Pub 380 Columbiana Dr Columbia SC

Briana found....Haigs Creek Dr. Elgin SC This is Haigs Creek neighborhood. Reports say she was found on dirt road behind this neighborhood. If you look to the left of Haigs Creek Dr. there is a dirt road in the woods. Video I saw of the crime scene was on a curve and there is only one curve in the dirt road so I believe that is the exact location.
She was also a hostess at Hooters according to reports

Thanks to anyone that can do this for me!!!
Try this one. You have to zoom in to see the area where she was found, because Tilted Kilt is quite a distance away.
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217392837830814032642.0004f3969f2e0302644e6&msa=0

Good article....

Kelly worked at the Hooters restaurant on Two Notch Road in Northeast Richland, Matthews said.
Briana Rabon&#8217;s Facebook page says she had worked at a Hooters, but it does not say which location. A manager at the Two Notch Road Hooters said he had no comment and referred a reporter to a media telephone number that went to voice mail.

The sheriff said he believed Rabon and Kelly agreed to meet Tuesday night at the Waffle House, where she left her car and got in his vehicle and was later &#8220;brutally murdered.&#8221;

Any physical evidence will help build the case, Matthews said.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/01/3299830/suspect-in-briana-rabon-killing.html#storylink=cpy

Stephen Ross Kelly

Kelly was out of jail on probation when Briana Rabon was killed, according to Kershaw court records. He was arrested several times in the past two years, according to State Law Enforcement Division arrest records.

June 2013: Charged with receiving stolen goods worth more than $10,000, a felony. He served 133 days (time served) on that charge and was released in late November on three years&#8217; probation, according to Kershaw court documents.

May 2013: Charged with first-offense criminal domestic violence and, several days later, with felony malicious injury to property. Kelly asked for a jury trial in July.

June 2012: Charged with felony financial card transaction fraud greater than $500. Disposition unclear.

April 2012: Convicted on a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge. Paid a fine.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/01/3299830/suspect-in-briana-rabon-killing.html#storylink=cpy

Also from the above link:

Kelly admitted to being with Briana the night she was killed and the Sheriff stated that investigators "found considerable evidence inside 21 year-old Kelly's car."

Most of the time the victim knows or at least is somewhat acquainted with their killer. Not all the time, but quite often. This crime seemed straightforward since her car was in a spot near Waffle House and then she was found elsewhere, implying she willingly went with someone in their car.

Pretty much an open and shut case with not too many mysteries. Perp quickly found, a young man who she knew, with what appeared to be huge anger issues and a recent DV incident against his girlfriend. At 21 yrs old he was only going to get worse if he was already violent. So sad. If it hadn't been Briana it likely would have been some other young woman at some point, as he was in a downward spiral with his temper.

http://www.thestate.com/2015/03/23/4064272/lugoff-teens-accused-killer-indicted.html

The accused killer of an 18-year-old Lugoff teen was indicted by a grand jury last week on several charges including murder, according to Kershaw County court records.

Stephen Ross Kelly, 21, was indicted March 18 on counts of murder, first-degree criminal sexual conduct and kidnapping in connection with the strangling death of Briana Rabon...

Evidence collected at the scene included tire tracks, DNA evidence and surveillance footage that placed Kelly at a gas station close to where Rabon&#8217;s body was found around the time of her death.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back