Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm new here at websleuths. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and comment on this case. I remember when this story first broke on NG. It's a shame it has been 2 long years and DD still doesn't know what happened to her precious daughter. now that I am a mother I can't imagine going to sleep at night and not knowing where my child is. I hope and pray that soon DD will find her daughter and have some closure. It is time for those NY kids to at least talk. I went back to the begininng of these threads and I think it is wonderful that people BD never even met are so concerned about her. It must mean alot to her mother.

I live in NC and when I was in HS it was a tradition to go to MB on spring break and something like this or the possibility of one of us getting hurt was the last thing on our minds. At that age,in our minds, we were bullet proof so to speak. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi everyone. I'm new here at websleuths. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and comment on this case. I remember when this story first broke on NG. It's a shame it has been 2 long years and DD still doesn't know what happened to her precious daughter. now that I am a mother I can't imagine going to sleep at night and not knowing where my child is. I hope and pray that soon DD will find her daughter and have some closure. It is time for those NY kids to at least talk. I went back to the begininng of these threads and I think it is wonderful that people BD never even met are so concerned about her. It must mean alot to her mother.

I live in NC and when I was in HS it was a tradition to go to MB on spring break and something like this or the possibility of one of us getting hurt was the last thing on our minds. At that age,in our minds, we were bullet proof so to speak. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad you have joined us and welcome to the thread :)

Rochestergirl, the link you quoted above doesn't work for me. I get a "404 error found".

Which link Lizzybeth I did a a link a day or so ago to a rochester, ny newschannel that had John Greico interview. The one I quoted in my post last night was to the Susan Murphy blog and the link was from another WSleuther.

Let me know I'll try to figure out what happened.

Welcome, LANDONSMOM2 !

And I am a NC native, and we did the same thing with trips to MB every year in HS. The world was a bit different in those years, but we were never "afraid" nor do I ever recall hearing anything so scarry. One thing we did do, was that we never went anywhere completely alone. To walk the streets at 3:00am was not uncommon, but you always had someone with you, and raised as a southern gentleman, I would have NEVER have allowed a girl to walk that far by herself esp. at night. And, likely, even if we had no social connection at all, she would have likely appreciated the gesture. These kids may not be directly connected, but I'll bet the farm that someone knows way more than they have hinted towards. The "Mean Girls" movies come to mind, and boys, children, with no manners or respect for anyone...

I was just checking SMM blogsite to see if there was anything new, and it looks like there was another show last night about Bitt. Did anyone listen to or catch it??

Which link Lizzybeth I did a a link a day or so ago to a rochester, ny newschannel that had John Greico interview. The one I quoted in my post last night was to the Susan Murphy blog and the link was from another WSleuther.

Let me know I'll try to figure out what happened.

Thank you. It was a link to Susan Murphy's blog.

I was just checking SMM blogsite to see if there was anything new, and it looks like there was another show last night about Bitt. Did anyone listen to or catch it??
Thanks ROC Chick!! Gonna go there right now and try to listen if the rebroadcast is now on there.

Welcome, LANDONSMOM2 !

And I am a NC native, and we did the same thing with trips to MB every year in HS. The world was a bit different in those years, but we were never "afraid" nor do I ever recall hearing anything so scarry. One thing we did do, was that we never went anywhere completely alone. To walk the streets at 3:00am was not uncommon, but you always had someone with you, and raised as a southern gentleman, I would have NEVER have allowed a girl to walk that far by herself esp. at night. And, likely, even if we had no social connection at all, she would have likely appreciated the gesture. These kids may not be directly connected, but I'll bet the farm that someone knows way more than they have hinted towards. The "Mean Girls" movies come to mind, and boys, children, with no manners or respect for anyone...

Thanks for the warm welcome. We did some crazy things and that was only 10-11 years ago but never did one of us girls walk the strip alone. I listened to Susan Murphy show from earlier in the week and IMO those girls were really being mean girls. I think she had no choice but to walk and go places alone.The only outside connection she had was texting her BF in Roch. I think they know more than they are letting on or she was a target for a SO.

Thanks ROC Chick!! Gonna go there right now and try to listen if the rebroadcast is now on there.

I haven't listened to the second shoe from Wednesday but my heart just broke when listening to DD on the first broadcast. I hope the heat has really been put on this group!

MLatta: any update on your recent FOIL request?

The Sunglasses -> "Active Investigation" - would not release records

The same with a couple others I requested...

I did get 1 report back, on one of the shannon m. individuals, would rather not say his name.

He was charged with "CDV of a high and aggrevated nature" and plead guilty about a month ago. The charge has NOTHING to do with Brittanee, specifically, but does further support the pattern of violence from these individuals.

If you want a copy, PM me... (It is public information)

(Off topic) if you ever wanted to draft a FoIA request letter yourself, but are unsure, check out this website: http://www.rcfp.org/index.php
It's "The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press"
It is geared toward reporters, but is free to use for anyone!
Click on FOIA services - and you will find a letter generator, tips, instructions, etc. It will even allow you to save a copy there, to help you keep up with what you have requested/received etc.
Enjoy!

:seeya:

Thanks for the warm welcome. We did some crazy things and that was only 10-11 years ago but never did one of us girls walk the strip alone. I listened to Susan Murphy show from earlier in the week and IMO those girls were really being mean girls. I think she had no choice but to walk and go places alone.The only outside connection she had was texting her BF in Roch. I think they know more than they are letting on or she was a target for a SO.

My daughter did the MB high school graduation trip a couple years ago - and the girls she went with ended up ganging up on her and were incredibly mean girls... i mean threatening to throw my daughter off a balcony, etc. She called me in tears and frantic over the abuse and horrid behavior of girls on the trip. I knew of one high school boy there at the same time that has been friends with my daughter since kindergarten I told her to call him, find him, and stay with him until we could get her home. He was a Godsend to me and her at that time!! I was more comfortable knowing she was with him (even though there were other boys with him) than I was leaving her with the girls she went down there with. It was an eye-opening experience to say the least!!!

My daughter did the MB high school graduation trip a couple years ago - and the girls she went with ended up ganging up on her and were incredibly mean girls... i mean threatening to throw my daughter off a balcony, etc. She called me in tears and frantic over the abuse and horrid behavior of girls on the trip.

WTF. Were these her classmates treating her like that??

Grandma always said that when a group of girls were together there was going to be trouble somewhere - someone gets left out...hurt feelings...ignored...jealous... Some girls can be vicious...I've seen it first hand - from people I've been friends with to my own girl cousins. And girls my daughter has been friends with. I can only begin to imagine how the above poster's daughter was treated as well as Brittanee...

Grandma always said that when a group of girls were together there was going to be trouble somewhere - someone gets left out...hurt feelings...ignored...jealous... Some girls can be vicious...I've seen it first hand - from people I've been friends with to my own girl cousins. And girls my daughter has been friends with. I can only begin to imagine how the above poster's daughter was treated as well as Brittanee...

My grandma used to say the exact same thing. She would say any time there is more than two girls, someone is going to feel left out and get their feelings hurt. Have seen this with my own daughter and even myself as well. Why are girls so mean sometimes? I have no comparison as to whether any of this occurs with boys because I only have the one daughter and only had one sister as well. And I might add, it hurts at any age to be left out or have someone be "mean to you" on purpose.

l.jpg

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/brittanee-drexel-trusting-truth.html

"....The kids have each claimed they "did not know" Brittanee and yet the photo's prove otherwise. They all go to Myrtle Beach for spring break with the underage teen. And they bolt out of town like lightening when her mother after receiving a call makes the 14 hour trip from Rochester, NY to search for her daughter..."

(PLUS 8 new pics of Brittanee and the girls from Chili)

I totally love this woman ... she doesn't hold back.. we all know media outlets have spoken ABOUT these individuals from Chili, but SMM is sending a message TO these individuals...

:silly:

I have to say, I was a little appalled at the other nights news clip about these prior lead detectives who are now "retired" and working for a PI firm. They sounded like a bunch of whiners and the clip served ZERO purpose for Brittanee's case, more like a showboating session for their PI firm. IMHO. In fact, if I ever needed a PI, I certainly wouldn't enlist the services of what looked like "rejects" because that is all that news clip did was portray them as just that and if your THAT good, you will be enlisted to help. No different than 9/11, when you have too many "chiefs" and not enough "indians" then you end up with bad communications and then the typical problems that come with ego, as this was an apparent issue just by observation and overall a VERY unprofessional in light of having a new lead investigator. And last, I picked up on how they claim to be working this case still and but they will be sure to pass any info on to LE. Huh? Again, JMO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong