Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on the News That Makes You Smile thread. I cannot open the doc but I thought I would share with you all since we have discussed contacting hunting clubs in the past to create awareness of Britt's disappearance. I am glad to hear that SC is considering this.....

North Carolina Hunter Protocols for skeleton remains for Hunters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

mlatta, Didn't you send some Brittanee fliers to a hunting club there in SC?

wm

Yepp, I sure did.. I sent them to a Hunting club in Georgetown county, and the member there said he would distribute them to other members, and some of those members are members of other hunting clubs... If that makes sense, hopefully they will make there way around, and possibly bring us some answers.

Still waiting on someone to bring some solid information forward, or someone to screw up, get in trouble for something else, which inspires a search which reveals something... I'm so out of patience on this, I'm ready for answers...

On another note - Is everyone enjoying the beginning of Spring?

Yepp, I sure did.. I sent them to a Hunting club in Georgetown county, and the member there said he would distribute them to other members, and some of those members are members of other hunting clubs... If that makes sense, hopefully they will make there way around, and possibly bring us some answers.

Still waiting on someone to bring some solid information forward, or someone to screw up, get in trouble for something else, which inspires a search which reveals something... I'm so out of patience on this, I'm ready for answers...

Above BBM.

Ummmm...we just got another 5 inches of snow in Jersey with one or two more to come, lol!

we had a fresh blanket of snow here this morning too :( Friday was such a teaser when it was 55 degrees!

Sometimes I think about the friends that took BD down to MB in the first place and how they clammed up. I don't want to wait for them to start telling anything they may know, but I wonder if any of them have children would they soften their stance and finally open up. Hope it does not take that long for them to "grow up", but if they have remained silent this long, they may never talk. I just cannot help but feel they know something, even if in a round about way, that could help crack this case.

Above BBM.

Ummmm...we just got another 5 inches of snow in Jersey with one or two more to come, lol!

I'm glad I live in the south ! ! ! All weekend I was in shorts+t-shirt+flip-flops...

not to rub it in, but currently its 70 and blue skies as far as the eye can see

I'm looking forward to going back out to the Santee Delta WMAs (There's two of them - I've only ridden one all the way) and do some more mountain biking out there... As always, being very observant for anything out of the ordinary.. Hopefully this will be within the next couple weekends...

I hope everyone has enjoyed their President's Day ..

OT I came down with the dreaded flu on Friday dangit! Missed enjoying the little taste of spring this past weekend. I hope none of you catch it dear friends. It is wicked!!!

mlatta, Thanks for responding to my post re the hunting clubs. I haven't responded due to being 'loopy' on cold meds and I have a policy not to drunk post, haha!

Thinking of darling Brittanee every day!

wm

checking in on britt and you wonderful folks. waiting for the day very impatiently!

Waltzingmatilda, I had the flu about three weeks ago. Still not completely over it. You're right it's wicked.

Bumping our girl back to the first page.

Hi, I just joined websleuths this is a fantastic site. I've been into mysteries since I picked up my first Hardy Boys book as a kid.
I should have studied to become a forensic detective or profiler, but I chose music instead lol So now I'm just content reading a lot of mystery books, and the occasional crime biography ie:serial killers etc. I love Anne Rule! Anyway over the weekend I caught some of the Investigation Discovery Disappeared re-runs and one of them was the Brittanee Drexel case.
I've researched and read as much as I could find on the case as I could, so I know the basic facts that are public record. I don't claim to be a Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple, but there's a few glaring things that I think are the keys to what may have happened to her. I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this theory, but I think it's the most plausible and simple.
First off you have a 5ft pretty 17 yr old depressed girl who decides it would be a good idea to skip off 650 miles to South Carolina with some girls she hardly knows and lie to her mother so that she thinks she's just staying at a local friend's. Okay a lot of teens deceive their parents. I did some crazy things as a teenager, but I never traveled 650 miles with virtual strangers!
She gets down there and she's clearly the third wheel. They may have been jealous of her who knows, but looks like the relationship soured quickly. I don't buy into all these theories that the other kids were involved in her disappearance. That's conspiracy theory rubbish imo.
I think they're simply just dumb spoiled kids from NY more concerned with getting in trouble over drinking and drugs than caring about the fate of some girl they barely knew. That alienation left her vulnerable and alone.
The worst possible thing she did was walk alone between the hotels, I don't care how crowded the streets are. An attractive tiny girl in an unfamiliar town at night? that just invited trouble from the get go, someone should have walked with her, or she should of hopped in a cab, and sadly I believe that single fateful decision sealed her fate.
I think she simply either accepted a ride with someone or some guys she met down there clubbing, or was just plain kidnapped right off the street and whisked out of town quickly by the wrong person/s. The cell phone pings to me are the #1 biggest key to the whole case.
Unless someone purposely drove her cellphone way out to the middle of nowhere which makes zero sense, she was with that phone for the ride. I know it is a common m.o of serial rapists and killers to abduct a victim and drive them to the farthest remote location they can find, for both privacy and discreet disposal. Ted Bundy used to abduct girls in the city and take them out to the most remote mountain areas here in Washington State kill them and bury them. I would say the abductor/s knew exactly where he/they were going and went straight there without stopping. That would fit the pings time line that evening based on driving distance from Myrtle Beach. The kidnappers are probably locals who know that wilderness area down there well. Either grew up there, or fish/hunt in the area. Possibly have family property in the area too. Sadly the only way I think this case will be solved is if the the person/s responsible talk and are ratted out or are caught and confess to the crime.
You never want to give up hope of finding her remains someday, but in an alligator infested swamp area the chances are likely very slim especially with this much time passed. Hopefully they'll solve it sooner than later so the family can be at peace finally that's really the most important thing. :)

:welcome:

djtopcat, GREAT first post! I agree with you. I think Britt is most likely hidden on private property somewhere in the Georgetown area.

I watched the Disappeared marathon too and was happy that Brittanee's case was rebroadcast. It saddens me that so much time has passed and Britt still hasn't been found.

I am glad you joined WS and hope you continue to participate in the discussion. We have a great group here who is dedicated to helping bring Brittanee home!

wm

welcome djtopcat. thanks for stopping by :) hoping to hear more from you soon.

It is the last day of February 2011 and we are one day closer to answers about our lovely
Brittanee. I sure wish there was more movement in her case.....

wm

It is the last day of February 2011 and we are one day closer to answers about our lovely
Brittanee. I sure wish there was more movement in her case.....

wm

That's a great way to look at it waltzingmatilda.

Bumping our girl back to the first page.

We will be here as long as it takes to get you home Brittanee. We will be here to see justice.

Hi guys - know it has been a while since I have posted but I check in from time to time. Thought I would share this since it came up last year with the arrests in McClellanville, the case of the missing girl from Andrews, Crystal Soles, and the similarities to Brittanee's disappearance. They think her remains have been found. Admittedly my first thought was Brittanee, as Crystal's case hasnt ever garnered as much attention, but if it is Crystal I am glad her family can finally rest knowing.

I will go look to see if she has a thread here and update it also.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...or-missing-woman-find-skeletal-re-ar-1529160/

The Andrews Police Department, the CUE Center for Missing Persons, Williamsburg Fire and Horry County Fire Rescue searched an area off Jumpin Run Road, just off Seaboard Road in Andrews.

The Horry County dive team recovered the remains, which will be sent away for testing in an effort to identify them.

Flowers said the investigators received new information into the whereabouts of Soles' remains following an interview with an unidentified person. The tip led officers to the area where the remains were found Wednesday.

^BBM - lets hope with CUE involvement in the area and people talking, even about this case almost 6 yrs later, something can come of Brittanee's case. Personally, I'm still not completely convinced there is no connection, or at the very least 'friends of friends'.

If my reputation doesnt precede me, I have to say I am the world's worst Google mapper (but some of you know that, and love me just the same - thank you). Here is a map of where Crystal was reportedly found. If you pull out you can get an idea of the proximity to FMNF and McClellanville.....and lest we forget the initial though vague (but now thoroughly verfied by a few here) reports of Brittanee's phone traveling 'back towards the coast from inland Williamsburg County' (paraphrased) in the early days.

Jumpin Run Road, Andrews, SC - Google Maps

(If it doesnt work, just go to Google maps and put in "Jumpin Run Road, Andrews, SC")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member