Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN is doing a story right now. They are showing footage of LE bringing evidence bags out of the apt. I am sure they will rerun it....it was a teaser for JVM's show tonight.

Have tv's on in oppsite sides ot the house:/

My prayers and thoughts are with Brittanee's family right now. I cannot imagine how it feels for them to wait for news....

wm

ETA HLN reported that the person who lived in apt. 22 was someone they have been watching for some time.

In JVM's opener they showed TST...wonder if hes related to this?

I saw that and wondered the same, LLindsayyyy!

I didn't know DD would be interviewed. Thanks for the heads up earlier today about JVM covering Britts case tonight.

wm

I was on the HWY between Charleston and Myrtle Beach a few days ago and passed a pick up truck for a tree service (local to the Mt. Pleasant/Charleston area) and he had a Missing poster with Britanee's picture on it ,with a plastic cover to protect it.
I'm sure they drive all over the place .It was nice to see she has not been forgotten.

chaddylex, I hope you and your family have a great time in MB! It is a fun place to visit...I especially like the Ripley's Haunted House and the water park!

I know you are concerned about the safety of your girls. It is hard for us Momma's to let them go off on their own but that's what teens do. If you are really uneasy, I suggest buying each of them a whistle to wear around their wrist (not their necks) on one of those plastic spiral bracelets. I wear one when I walk my dog at night. (Pepper spray is not really effective on the coast because of the blowing winds which could blow it back towards the person using it.)

I feel sure you all will enjoy your time in MB and look forward to you giving us an update upon your return:)

wm

Ripley's has a decent Aquarium in MB ,also.

I would love to find out who lived in that apartment 2 years ago...

Any of our sleuthers processed the names of our POIs, to see if any were living at or near that address?

Ironically enough, I think I posted some flyers on the power/telephone poles outside of that place...

Now you know! The below MSM report names him-I have not followed this case closely so I don't know if Raymond Douglas Moody has come up before.
~snip~

According to a press release from Myrtle Beach Police, the investigation revealed that a person(s) of interest may have stayed in this room on or around the time of the disapearance of Brittanee Marie Drexel.

While authorities have not released any person(s)' of interest names, SLED told News 13 Monday that a man with a lengthy criminal background lived at the apartment around the time Drexel went missing.

That man's name is Raymond Douglas Moody.

According to SLED, Moody had previously been charged with committing a lewd act with a minor under the age of 14, sodomy with a child under the 14, rape, and kidnapping to commit rape.

News 13 spoke with Moody at his place of employment, but Moody declined to answer any questions.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...est-suspect-brittanee-drexel-case-ar-2214968/

Video at link has a reporter confronting Moody, he clearly does not want to talk about it!

moody.png

Does he fit the description (the man described as being in his late 30’s or early 40’s, approximately 5’05 to 5’06 in height, average build, fair skinned, with hazel or brown colored eyes) and sketch (below) when 2 attempted sexual assaults were reported right before Brittanee went missing? His priors fit, too. He is a RSO. I think there is a very strong possibility he is involved in Brittanee's disappearance and the 2 prior attempts.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...est-suspect-brittanee-drexel-case-ar-2214968/

sketch.png

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2009/apr/16/police_follow-up_on_leads_in_attempted_sexual_assu-ar-351552/

Thanks for the comparison photos twall! There is a very strong resemblence between the composite sketch and the RSO/poi. MOO

wm

He had on a welding mask in that video but the composite vs. prior booking photo sure resemble to me! Wow.

Those resorts where the attempts happened two weeks before Britt disappeared are 'sister resorts', meaning they share amenities, etc, and I felt like the person who attempted those IN THE HALLWAYS HAD to know there were no surveillance cameras to worry about, i.e., construction/maintenance worker/housekeeping.

All I can say is Wow! Moody does resemble the sketch. If this guy is responsible for Brittanne's disappearance, I pray to god he tells where she is!

moody.png

Does he fit the description (the man described as being in his late 30’s or early 40’s, approximately 5’05 to 5’06 in height, average build, fair skinned, with hazel or brown colored eyes) and sketch (below) when 2 attempted sexual assaults were reported right before Brittanee went missing? His priors fit, too. He is a RSO. I think there is a very strong possibility he is involved in Brittanee's disappearance and the 2 prior attempts.

sketch.png

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2009/apr/16/police_follow-up_on_leads_in_attempted_sexual_assu-ar-351552/

This guy's name and face is all over the news, so I don't see anything wrong with sharing the rest of his public records :)

Plus - something seems odd here -- read the case info below (copy/pasted from Georgetown county's online case info) and tell me why the "Sentencing" field is blank !? The disposition was: "Remanded to court" ... does that mean "time served" ?

The State of South Carolina VS Raymond Douglas Moody

Moody, Raymond Douglas 0091-Sex / Indecent exposure -Sex / Indecent exposure 03/11/2010

Case Number: J536535 Court Agency: General Sessions Filed Date: 09/11/2008
Case Type: Criminal-Clerk Case Sub Type:
Status: Disposed Assigned Judge: Solicitor / Master In Equity G S And C P Disposition Judge: Solicitor / Master In Equity G S And C P
Disposition: Remanded to Other Court
Disposition Date: 03/11/2010 Date Received: 09/17/2008 Arrest Date: 09/11/2008
Law Enf. Case: 08010533 True Bill Date: 01/21/2009 No Bill Date:
Prosecutor Case: Indictment Number: 2009GS2200023 Waiver Date:
Probation Case:
Sentencing
And/Or Description Amount Units Begin Date End Date Completion Date Consecutive or Concurrent
None

The State of South Carolina VS Raymond Douglas Moody

Moody, Raymond Douglas 2606-Sex / Sex Offender Registry Violation, fail to register - 1st offense -Sex / Sex Offender Registry Violation, fail to register - 1st offense 11/20/2009

Case Number: J513012 Court Agency: General Sessions Filed Date: 02/03/2009
Case Type: Criminal-Clerk Case Sub Type:
Status: Disposed Assigned Judge: Clerk Of Court C P, G S, And Family Court Disposition Judge: Solicitor / Master In Equity G S And C P
Disposition: Remanded to Other Court
Disposition Date: 11/20/2009 Date Received: 02/03/2009 Arrest Date: 01/30/2009
Law Enf. Case: 01092607 True Bill Date: 05/13/2009 No Bill Date:
Prosecutor Case: Indictment Number: 2009GS2200577 Waiver Date:

Sentencing
And/Or Description Amount Units Begin Date End Date Completion Date Consecutive or Concurrent
None

Will post more as I dig it up ... I'm kind of supposed to be working... :rocker:

The height is off, but that's really a good guess. And I guess two girls could describe him as being significantly shorter than he is - he's 5'9, being described as 5'5 or 5'6. Maybe he's stocky and that gives the impression he's shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken