Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel like crying? We've waited so long for any information as to what happened to Britt. Now it seems like it might all be coming together. I can't imagine the anxiety her family, especially her mother, is feeling.

Everything does seem to fit. Like someone else said, hopefully, he (if guilty) will tell what he did with her so she can finally go home.

Hi RoseC! Good to see you again - I too have not contributed much, caught up in CA...what a waste, HUGE WASTE....

I was last here when the suspected remains of Crystal Soles were found and never heard much more about it, but admittedly I only closely follow the local news when something hits - did they ever get a final word on all that that you know of?

As to this current situation, wouldnt you all think LE will do a photo lineup with this guy in it to show those victims from the attempted assaults on April 12 & 13? I would think if they ID him, that ought to be enough to at least bring him in, enough to hold him, but I could be wrong! From that video of the reporter confronting him, I get the feeling this may be one to scoot on out of town, unless of course some probation terms prevent that (fingers crossed). He seemed pretty angry, no? On the one hand, IF he is innocent then yes, I can certainly understand that, but on the other, with a past like his, of his own creation, it goes with the territory I say. Reap what you sew in life.

(Pssst - Dont you all know I am ITCHING to email Mason Snyder again this morning and say 'How ya like me NOWWWWW?'. That reporter who confronted him on video is the guy I emailed yesterday. Doubt he would give me anything new or useful for here though.)

Anyone else feel like crying? We've waited so long for any information as to what happened to Britt. Now it seems like it might all be coming together. I can't imagine the anxiety her family, especially her mother, is feeling.

Everything does seem to fit. Like someone else said, hopefully, he (if guilty) will tell what he did with her so she can finally go home.

I have been tearful too, lizzybeth! I hope LE scours the wooded areas around this 'lodge'.

wm

You can almost bet, IF this is the guy and LE gets all the goods on him, the only thing that MAY save his life in SC would be the location of her remains.

Reporters and LE are notorious for playing cat-n-mouse games in these parts but I will hand it to SLED, they are an awesome force in this state. Very quiet and methodical but usually bring it all together very tight in the end.

Your last sentence reminded me of John Gardner being brought in for Chelsea King's murder then telling where Amber Dubois was so he would not get the dp.
Sometimes that is what it takes.
I wish the violent rapists would never get out of prison. A lot of murders would be prevented if they weren't. Moody got 40 yrs. for his sex crimes on the 9 yo. girl and served 21. I'm still trying to figure out if that was in CA or SC, anyone know?

Hi RoseC! Good to see you again - I too have not contributed much, caught up in CA...what a waste, HUGE WASTE....

I was last here when the suspected remains of Crystal Soles were found and never heard much more about it, but admittedly I only closely follow the local news when something hits - did they ever get a final word on all that that you know of?

As to this current situation, wouldnt you all think LE will do a photo lineup with this guy in it to show those victims from the attempted assaults on April 12 & 13? I would think if they ID him, that ought to be enough to at least bring him in, enough to hold him, but I could be wrong! From that video of the reporter confronting him, I get the feeling this may be one to scoot on out of town, unless of course some probation terms prevent that (fingers crossed). He seemed pretty angry, no? On the one hand, IF he is innocent then yes, I can certainly understand that, but on the other, with a past like his, of his own creation, it goes with the territory I say. Reap what you sew in life.

(Pssst - Dont you all know I am ITCHING to email Mason Snyder again this morning and say 'How ya like me NOWWWWW?'. That reporter who confronted him on video is the guy I emailed yesterday. Doubt he would give me anything new or useful for here though.)

Hi, CS case cold as ever, the last report about bag bones found in pond was all lies, as i thought it would be due to im kin to man own land of pond and i felt that was big lie for our so called new cheif to get points,my heart goes out to Sole family,getting there hopes up and then dodge there calls for answers ,all LE is shame if u know what i mean,just like the le men that worked BD case for 2 yrs for out blue reasons they all let go from LE office,excuse was budget cuts,that is Bull s***** so i couldnt post anymore,my guy friend was let go to,but world keeps moving and he now has way better job and more time with the family,,my heart goes out to DD and i pray that this last fine will give them answers,,,if u recall i always said more ways from MB to Georgetown and i never felt bd herself ever was in santee area,but news went wild and that lead everyone to belive,goose chance,le is dirty lol oh and this place that they search room 22 is gov housing place no motel its housing place that gov rents to no or low income ppl,,,i know this place good,its about 2 miles out of Georgetown city,,over maryville bridge from International paper mill,,,,

PSS,,,, also i never truly felt tclan was involed,yep they got a bad rap they bad guys,but i dont feel this time they involed,,,,,,sorry if that affends anyone who still belives its them!!!!!

Hi all great to see everyone still cares!! Ive been here but had stop posting for long time,personal issue of why i couldnt post,heres piece Georgetown times posted few hours ago on there facebook page,if already posted please forgive :)

Drexel investigators swarm Sunset Lodge
http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/update-Drexel-case-leads-investigators-to-Sunset-Lodge

Thanks for the article!

So the residents of Sunset Lodge nicknamed Moody "Mr. Clean" because of his appearance and he was a "nice guy". Yep, violent rapists are usually nice guys on the outside!

LOL seanymph! Email him anyway and see what happens:rocker:

'Mr. Clean' (creepy) seemed very angry in that video. I am glad the reporter paid him a visit at his workplace. He seemed totally caught off guard which is good because it gave us some insight into his character. I would think that a person with nothing to hide would at least play nice and attempt to diffuse any suspicions about involvement. I wonder if he has lawyered up?

It is apparent to me that this man is a coward who preys on young girls. Due to his small stature, 5'9", 165lbs, he picks on girls that he can easily overpower. Small girls like our Britt.

I too think he may try to scoot out of town. He supposedly lived in CA for a short time. IIRC, it was after he moved out of the 'lodge'. Is there a timeline that we can check to see what was going on in Britt's case 6 months after her disappearance. Was the heat on and he took off to CA til things cooled off?

All Jmo

wm

Hey everybody. I haven't been on this site in a while, but this case really hits home for me. I live in SC and travel to Myrtle Beach often with my family as we live only about two hours away. I went into the public records search on the SC judicial website and found the following:

02/16/08-01/30/09 - RDM's address is listed as 4257 S. Fraser St. Georgetown, SC
01/21/10 - Address is listed as 3376 S.Fraser St. #25 Georgetown, SC
11/26/10 - 214 Ridge Road Georgetown, SC
12/14/10 - 429 Kent Rd. Georgetown, SC

The above was just information that I found from searching the Georgetown county records. I also searched Horry county and found that RDM had a couple of traffic tickets on:

01/28/09 - seatbelt violation
04/26/09 - speeding more than 10 mph, less than 15 mph. - For this one, he was stopped by Surfside Police.....Isn't this around the time that Brittanee went missing?

I also searched Charleston, Berkeley, Williamsburg, and Marion counties and did not find anything on him. Can anybody make sense of any of this information? I know somebody mentioned something a few posts back about other addresses that were associated with this POI.

Hey everybody. I haven't been on this site in a while, but this case really hits home for me. I live in SC and travel to Myrtle Beach often with my family as we live only about two hours away. I went into the public records search on the SC judicial website and found the following:

02/16/08-01/30/09 - RDM's address is listed as 4257 S. Fraser St. Georgetown, SC

The above was just information that I found from searching the Georgetown county records. I also searched Horry county and found that RDM had a couple of traffic tickets on:

04/26/09 - speeding more than 10 mph, less than 15 mph. - For this one, he was stopped by Surfside Police.....Isn't this around the time that Brittanee went missing?
I also searched Charleston, Berkeley, Williamsburg, and Marion counties and did not find anything on him. Can anybody make sense of any of this information? I know somebody mentioned something a few posts back about other addresses that were associated with this POI.

~above respectfully bolded by me~

neicee7681,
This is a great find!!!! This was the day after Brittanee was snatched from Ocean Blvd. I wonder why he was in such a hurry? Is Surfside Beach north or south of where the 'lodge' is located? This may be a clue as to the direction he was headed the next day to dispose of any evidence. Ugh! Hate that thought:(

wm

So glad to see some activity on Britt's case. I'd been thinking lately that the silence was deafening. Hope this latest development pans out and isn't another false alarm. I gotta say tho that this wasn't the direction I had ever thought the case would go in.

So glad to see some of the "regulars" back....MLatta, WM, and of course Rose (missed seeing your posts!). Interesting info you posted about LE. I can't say I'm all that surprised.

OT - I was extremely disappointed with JVM last night. She spent the first 45 min on Casey and then when she finally got to Britt's case, she rudely cut off DD mid-sentence beqause she was out of time!! Is she ever, ever gonna give it up as far as CA goes? The verdict was a month ago, she was acquitted, and that poor child was found. How about giving some time to the cases of the still missing??? (TIA for obliging me my rant!)

_____

~above respectfully bolded by me~

neicee7681,
This is a great find!!!! This was the day after Brittanee was snatched from Ocean Blvd. I wonder why he was in such a hurry? Is Surfside Beach north or south of where the 'lodge' is located? This may be a clue as to the direction he was headed the next day to dispose of any evidence. Ugh! Hate that thought:(

wm

>> Is Surfside Beach north or south of where the 'lodge' is located?

North - significantly ~20-30 miles... Surfside beach is practically part of Myrtle Beach...

LOL seanymph! Email him anyway and see what happens:rocker:

'Mr. Clean' (creepy) seemed very angry in that video. I am glad the reporter paid him a visit at his workplace. He seemed totally caught off guard which is good because it gave us some insight into his character. I would think that a person with nothing to hide would at least play nice and attempt to diffuse any suspicions about involvement. I wonder if he has lawyered up?

It is apparent to me that this man is a coward who preys on young girls. Due to his small stature, 5'9", 165lbs, he picks on girls that he can easily overpower. Small girls like our Britt.

I too think he may try to scoot out of town. He supposedly lived in CA for a short time. IIRC, it was after he moved out of the 'lodge'. Is there a timeline that we can check to see what was going on in Britt's case 6 months after her disappearance. Was the heat on and he took off to CA til things cooled off?

All Jmo

wm

I recall hearing this as well, but I cannot find the article to quote it :( Wasn't this what one of the neighbors said !?

I noticed the #25 also. It could be a typo or he could have changed rooms at some point. If it is him, it was stated somewhere that the POI moved into the apartment the day before BD went missing and stayed for six months. Six months would put him moving out in October? This address was listed in January of 2010.

Surfside was one of the few places her phone pinged between the time she went missing and last pings in G'town, remember? The timing was almost exact as to the time she was last seen and the time it took to get to Surfside from where she was in MB.

Did she disappear 25th or 26th?

So we definitely know this guy was IN the area on the days surrounding her disappearance, not in CA or anywhere.

Oh and RoseC, mentioning south of the river, Santee area...I always thought that her purse was just tossed off the bridge there maybe and she was taken elsewhere...makes perfect sense if he took her belongings south of where he actually had her, keep LE moving on down the road past the actual area where she was.

I checked the moon phase for the night that Britt was snatched. Guess what? Apr. 25, 2009 was a NEW MOON! It was a dark night.

Scroll down and look on the right side of this page under Astronomy.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ach&req_state=SC&req_statename=South+Carolina

What luck for a RSO to wait and watch in darkness for his prey. Moo

OT RocNYchick, Welcome back! I agree with your opinion of JVM's show last night. My daughter and I were sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the news on Britt and JVM spent 40 minutes discussing the whereabouts of felon Casey Anthony. We were both disgusted when JVM cut DD off mid-sentence.

OT **My opinion** (and my daughter's)

DD didn't seem herself last night on JVM. Something was different about her demeanor. She seemed a bit discombobulated as if she wasn't sure what she should or shouldn't say. I was disappointed that JVM cut her off before she was able to get her thoughts together. I mean, could you imagine the stress that DD is under right now. I admire her so much for continuing to advocate for her dear sweet Brittanee.

qm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member