Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surfside was one of the few places her phone pinged between the time she went missing and last pings in G'town, remember? The timing was almost exact as to the time she was last seen and the time it took to get to Surfside from where she was in MB.

Did she disappear 25th or 26th?So we definitely know this guy was IN the area on the days surrounding her disappearance, not in CA or anywhere.

25th. Around 9 PM. IIRC last text from her was 8:58 PM.

I checked the moon phase for the night that Britt was snatched. Guess what? Apr. 25, 2009 was a NEW MOON! It was a dark night.

Scroll down and look on the right side of this page under Astronomy.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ach&req_state=SC&req_statename=South+Carolina

What luck for a RSO to wait and watch in darkness for his prey. Moo

OT RocNYchick, Welcome back! I agree with your opinion of JVM's show last night. My daughter and I were sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the news on Britt and JVM spent 40 minutes discussing the whereabouts of felon Casey Anthony. We were both disgusted when JVM cut DD off mid-sentence.

OT **My opinion** (and my daughter's)

DD didn't seem herself last night on JVM. Something was different about her demeanor. She seemed a bit discombobulated as if she wasn't sure what she should or shouldn't say. I was disappointed that JVM cut her off before she was able to get her thoughts together. I mean, could you imagine the stress that DD is under right now. I admire her so much for continuing to advocate for her dear sweet Brittanee.

qm

BBM - ITA. I believe things are extremely hush-hush and if LE has shared info with her, I wouldn't want her to share it if it could jeopardize anything.

I also remember reading yesterday that POI moved to CA for awhile. If anyone has a time frame for his move/return, I'm wondering if he was also in the area last summer when that attempted abduction happened (even tho victim ID black male who was arrested).

Correct ... and her phone made a "beeline" south (which would put her going right through Surfside beach) and stopped and continued to "ping" off of a cell tower near north santee. (It is believed that her phone continued to ping until the battery died)

Funny things stick in my mind and I want to say the Surfside ping was 9:13...wierd how or why I may remember that...but from where she was at the south end, it would only be 10-15 mins into Surfside with traffic.

What concerns me is whats the hurry getting back towards MB the next day? ...I am pretty sure there was mention of a truck he drove...my heart sinks to think he may have transported her BACK up north and since all the searches are concentrated Georgetown, he could have carried her right back into MB....Bet there's no way to get any cell records from that long ago to track his movements that day.

All speculation, for the record.

Here is the thing that has me stumped about this POI: how did he get her? I still find it hard to believe he just up and snatched her off the street without attracting any attention at all. That's why I was so convinced that it was someone she knew or was at least acquainted with, and was closer to her age. I guess stranger things have happened, but if this is the person responsible, how did it happen in the first place?

Here is the thing that has me stumped about this POI: how did he get her? I still find it hard to believe he just up and snatched her off the street without attracting any attention at all. That's why I was so convinced that it was someone she knew or was at least acquainted with, and was closer to her age. I guess stranger things have happened, but if this is the person responsible, how did it happen in the first place?

I TOTALLY AGREE ... Obviously this guy is FAR from attractive, and he is not a very "big guy" either... (5'9" 165lbs) No way he could have forcibly abducted Brittanee without a hell of a fight, screaming, kicking.. IMHO

PLUS

The MO is a little off ... this guy's interest seems to be CHILDREN ... as sick as this sounds -- I believe Brittanee would have been too old for him...

I checked the moon phase for the night that Britt was snatched. Guess what? Apr. 25, 2009 was a NEW MOON! It was a dark night.

Scroll down and look on the right side of this page under Astronomy.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ach&req_state=SC&req_statename=South+Carolina

What luck for a RSO to wait and watch in darkness for his prey. Moo

OT RocNYchick, Welcome back! I agree with your opinion of JVM's show last night. My daughter and I were sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the news on Britt and JVM spent 40 minutes discussing the whereabouts of felon Casey Anthony. We were both disgusted when JVM cut DD off mid-sentence.

OT **My opinion** (and my daughter's)

DD didn't seem herself last night on JVM. Something was different about her demeanor. She seemed a bit discombobulated as if she wasn't sure what she should or shouldn't say. I was disappointed that JVM cut her off before she was able to get her thoughts together. I mean, could you imagine the stress that DD is under right now. I admire her so much for continuing to advocate for her dear sweet Brittanee.

qm

I also watched JVM last night and I agree, DD definitely seemed to be distracted and appeared to have a hard time coming up with answers, there was definite hesitation there.

I wonder if someone is talking to LE to save their own butts over some of their own charges.:waitasec:

mlatta, I was thinking that Britt would be too old also but remember she was very small (or small in my opinion). In the pics we've seen of Britt she's wearing makeup. If she wasn't that night (which I can't tell by the video they have of her) she may have appeared younger. My daughter is almost 21 but still gets asked if she's in high school yet if she's not wearing makeup.

Thanks MLatta. I thought maybe I was missing something. Here's what I'm thinking: that the interest in him is not necessarily as the perpitrator, but rather for who/what he knows and his "connections." Like, who is this guy linked to? kwim?

I know that area very well and it isnt as heavily foot traveled as just a few blocks north and Family Kingdom area, but still, there would have been some people around, but you have to understand too, this is where the boulevard is ending...Most drivers/cruisers (as they are called), by the time they get to 8th or 9th Ave South they see it is no action so they turn around and head back north towards Family Kingdom/Old Pavillion area. There's just not as much commotion in the area, lots of parking decks, alley ways between hotels that sevice vehicles drive in and out of...I absolutely believe he could have parked in one of those alleys close to the sidewalk and snatched her quickly in that area into his vehicle, and again knowing the area, all he had to do was zip across Ocean Boulevard, cut up Youpon Dr. and you are OFF the boulevard on a VERY dark, unpopulated back street, straight up to 17th Ave South where one of the few lights are to allow him to get quickly southward on Hwy 17.

If you ever get the chance, "Google walk" the area right there between 25th Ave South and say 15th Ave South. Shady area.

Hummmmmmmm interesting comment concerning the Sunset Lodge.......

Which comment? About the brothel? (I thought I read that somewhere else too) . Or the comment that was pulled for review? What did it say?

I know that area very well and it isnt as heavily foot traveled as just a few blocks north and Family Kingdom area, but still, there would have been some people around, but you have to understand too, this is where the boulevard is ending...Most drivers/cruisers (as they are called), by the time they get to 8th or 9th Ave South they see it is no action so they turn around and head back north towards Family Kingdom/Old Pavillion area. There's just not as much commotion in the area, lots of parking decks, alley ways between hotels that sevice vehicles drive in and out of...I absolutely believe he could have parked in one of those alleys close to the sidewalk and snatched her quickly in that area into his vehicle, and again knowing the area, all he had to do was zip across Ocean Boulevard, cut up Youpon Dr. and you are OFF the boulevard on a VERY dark, unpopulated back street, straight up to 17th Ave South where one of the few lights are to allow him to get quickly southward on Hwy 17.

If you ever get the chance, "Google walk" the area right there between 25th Ave South and say 15th Ave South. Shady area.

I'm sure it is feasible for a snatch to happen, but in the short distance that it would have happened, I just still find it hard to imagine that he incapacitated her to the point that there were no sounds or commotions or anything. It had to be some kind of a lure, if indeed it was this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado